Confirmed with Link: [WPG/NYR] Hayes for 2019 1st, (F) Brendan Lemieux & Cond. 2022 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Im not sure what the problem is? If anything, I think his latest article covers all the bases without taking too firm of a stand on anything.

And quite frankly, after today, we should begin wondering as fans what the longer-term strategy is. To trade all expiring contracts, hope to rebuild through late 1st round picks (and beyond), and get super lucky in the lottery? I sure hope there's more to it - because pretty soon we won't have a player worth a lick on this roster outside of Zibanejad

Rebuild with high first round picks - which will be our first rounders - in addition to the late 1sts and 2nds acquired. Sounds like a typical rebuild to me. Larry doesn't want a rebuild.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Rebuild with high first round picks - which will be our first rounders - in addition to the late 1sts and 2nds acquired. Sounds like a typical rebuild to me. Larry doesn't want a rebuild.

What is unspoken in the article, but currently the elephant in the room, is if you want Gordie Clark overseeing that sort of rebuild while established players are being deleted from the roster.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
What is unspoken in the article, but currently the elephant in the room, is if you want Gordie Clark overseeing that sort of rebuild while established players are being deleted from the roster.

Then put him in the position where the pick is a an absolute no brainer, which would be towards the very top of the draft. We get there by being bad.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Nvm I didn’t realize he was Claude Lemieux’s son. :laugh:

Interested to see what Quinn can do with him.

Yeah, I’ve been following him for a couple of years. Think we need to become a little more uncomfortable to play against and Lemieux, Virtanen in Vancouver and Lazar are three guys that stands out as fitting that mold.

Lemieux got really good speed, he is a little Kreider like in how he plays the game. Strong skater up and down the ice, hard to contain for Ds when he gets a step on them. He also has pretty good hands. Can pull some nice moves if it’s necessary.

He is really strong on his feet too and throw some heavy hits, and he gets involved after the whistle at times. But don’t expect Avery II. Komarov II.

For as good as he can look at times — and that is really good — he can also be a bit uncoordinated and his technique isn’t that high standard functionally. I think some of that comes from being a little heavy built. In today’s game, I think someone like him ideally should slim down like 10-15 lbs.

I also think it will be interesting to see what Quinn and what we as a team can do with him. He will never lose the edge or ability to ascertain himself. But it could even be a bit negative for these guys to end up in Canada, like all of Virtanen, Lazar and Lemieux did. They live up to what is expected of them. Someone like Virtanen is what 220-230 lbs? But that is the least they should focus on. With the way the game is evolving they will be top 10 fighters in the league eventually even if they don’t do any bench press for the rest of their lives. Turn a good hockey player out of him first and foremost, slim down a little.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I'm trying to picture an intense negotiation coming down to a argument over a 2022 conditional 4th rounder if Winnipeg wins the cup. Have that in there- take it or leave it.

I really can't figure out how some of this **** gets settled.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Very strange that it was a conditional 4th for winning the cup.

"It’s the conditional fourth in 2022 if Winnipeg wins the Stanley Cup that really intrigues me. One wonders how this was negotiated. Was there haggling, with Winnipeg holding out for a fifth in 2023 while the Rangers sought a third in 2021? We need an oral history."

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That's exactly what I was thinking. Very strange that it was a conditional 4th for winning the cup.

"It’s the conditional fourth in 2022 if Winnipeg wins the Stanley Cup that really intrigues me. One wonders how this was negotiated. Was there haggling, with Winnipeg holding out for a fifth in 2023 while the Rangers sought a third in 2021? We need an oral history."
I image it was something like:

JG: "Can we throw something else in?"

KC: "I think we're set."

JG: "Just looking for a little something."

KC: "I don't know, some pick a few years from now?"

JG: "Yeah that's fine."

To me it's not unlike what we see in a lot of trades where you throw in a body they has an off chance at having a career (like Bergman) but Gorton opted for an extra bullet to shoot instead of the body.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I image it was something like:

JG: "Can we throw something else in?"

KC: "I think we're set."

JG: "Just looking for a little something."

KC: "I don't know, some pick a few years from now?"

JG: "Yeah that's fine."

To me it's not unlike what we see in a lot of trades where you throw in a body they has an off chance at having a career (like Bergman) but Gorton opted for an extra bullet to shoot instead of the body.

A fourth in the bush is worth two plugs in the hand?

Reactions: Machinehead

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
It's interesting how many are like "I'm a Winnipeg fan now!" For the chance at a 4th round pick. What? F*** that. Winnipeg needs to go on a disastrous losing streak and barely miss the damn playoffs now. Wouldn't you trade a 4th round pick to move 10-15 spots up in the first round of the draft?. Hell if all it took was a 4th to go from 28th to 22nd I take that in a heartbeat

Im a Dallas and TB fan now bc we directly benefit from their success. Winnipeg? Hell no, your ass has gotta go

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I'm trying to picture an intense negotiation coming down to a argument over a 2022 conditional 4th rounder if Winnipeg wins the cup. Have that in there- take it or leave it.

I really can't figure out how some of this **** gets settled.

Yeah lol I was thinking the exact same thing.

Recon it’s give me something if you want to close the deal. Bet when the buyer gets committed there is an established notion that they will add a later pick and Gorton wouldn’t give it up and neither would Chevy... ;)

Last edited:

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I didn't hate Claude Lemieux so much as I hated that he was not on my team.

I love that kind player. Solid skills, absolutely a plick to play against. And can fight if and when he wants to

Hoping the kid can dedevel some of the skills he's thus far has lacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest