Confirmed with Link: [WPG/NYR] Hayes for 2019 1st, (F) Brendan Lemieux & Cond. 2022 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He’s not that young. He’ll be 23 in 2 weeks. He needs to take this opportunity to establish himself. This is a young man’s league and he’s a winger.

I like the kid

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I like getting Lemieux over Stanley if just for the fact that if Lemieux totally sucks teams are going to line up to trade for him anyway and if he’s good, we got a good piece, win-win

Reactions: Rangers743

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
He’s not that young. He’ll be 23 in 2 weeks. He needs to take this opportunity to establish himself. This is a young man’s league and he’s a winger.

I like the kid
So he’s not even 23 yet..i think that classifies as young ;). The typical rookie enters the league full time at 22 (i read that average somewhere awhile back, sorry have no idea where at this point)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Big games tonight, Minny-Winnipeg and Vegas-Dallas. We are better off if Winnipeg beats Minny, to get Dallas into the POs, I think.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Big games tonight, Minny-Winnipeg and Vegas-Dallas. We are better off if Winnipeg beats Minny, to get Dallas into the POs, I think.

I think we want Minnesota to win and Dallas to lose. At this point I am doubtful they make it through 2 rounds in the playoffs so the higher the 2nd the better. Then we must hope they re-sign Zuccarello

Reactions: RGY and jas

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I think we want Minnesota to win and Dallas to lose. At this point I am doubtful they make it through 2 rounds in the playoffs so the higher the 2nd the better. Then we must hope they re-sign Zuccarello

Maybe, but isn't it more likely that they will resign Zucc -- if -- they get into the POs?

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Would be great (for the Rangers) for Winnipeg to lose in the first round, but even without Morrissey I don’t really see that happening

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Would be great (for the Rangers) for Winnipeg to lose in the first round, but even without Morrissey I don’t really see that happening

On one hand, I really think the Jets kinda suck, but on the other hand, I really think the Central kinda sucks.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
On one hand, I really think the Jets kinda suck, but on the other hand, I really think the Central kinda sucks.
I kind of feel the same about every playoff team right now. Like I get Tampa is so far ahead of everyone else, but I feel like regular season super teams get into a rhythem of coasting through games when they’re that much better than everyone else and end up having trouble later in the playoffs

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I kind of feel the same about every playoff team right now. Like I get Tampa is so far ahead of everyone else, but I feel like regular season super teams get into a rhythem of coasting through games when they’re that much better than everyone else and end up having trouble later in the playoffs
Yeah, nobody's really that great. That's what the league wanted.

The only team that is that great gets free cap circumvention and they're known for not getting it done.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Hayes played his last game as a Ranger against Minnesota. Hayes played his first game as a Jet against Minnesota. They had a Jets Hall of Fame ceremony before the game. Keith Tkachuk was there. A friendly face.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Would be a real shame if the Jets got bounced early or missed the playoffs completely

Although our luck their pick would be a lottery one with like 0.000002% chance of winning and they would get to defer to 2020 first

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
I watched 2 periods of the Jets game tonight to see Kevin. What an absolute mess. On paper, the Jets have it all, including perhaps the best center depth in the league. But watching that team play: serious coaching and systems issues. Stretch/"hope" passes all over the ice, multiple odd man rushes against each period, 40 shots against, terrible PK, and just very lackadaisical in defensive zone. Eerily similar to the AV brand of hockey. They lost to the Wild, who are below them in the standings. Just look at the Jets forum post game thread, it's almost despair over there with how bad their coach is. Contender? That team might not even make the playoffs if they repeat that performance for the rest of the season.

Feeling grateful to have DQ. I seriously forgot how frustrating it was watching a team give up 40+ shots every night and grade-a odd man rushes every 5 minutes.

Reactions: Ola

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I watched 2 periods of the Jets game tonight to see Kevin. What an absolute mess. On paper, the Jets have it all, including perhaps the best center depth in the league. But watching that team play: serious coaching and systems issues. Stretch/"hope" passes all over the ice, multiple odd man rushes against each period, 40 shots against, terrible PK, and just very lackadaisical in defensive zone. Eerily similar to the AV brand of hockey. They lost to the Wild, who are below them in the standings. Just look at the Jets forum post game thread, it's almost despair over there with how bad their coach is. Contender? That team might not even make the playoffs if they repeat that performance for the rest of the season.

Feeling grateful to have DQ. I seriously forgot how frustrating it was watching a team give up 40+ shots every night and grade-a odd man rushes every 5 minutes.

Yeah they're not perfect but they have a lot of talent and shouldn't continually screw it up year after year like they do. Also very undisciplined as I recall and don't have a good PK which is a dumb and bad combo

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Yeah they're not perfect but they have a lot of talent and shouldn't continually screw it up year after year like they do. Also very undisciplined as I recall and don't have a good PK which is a dumb and bad combo
Their team play was very good last year, I don’t know what changed.

One play that stood out to me during the 1st period tonight was Ehlers carrying the puck up the ice, and he turned it over at the opposing blue line while trying to dangle through 2-3 players. It was straight out of the Filip Chytil playbook. But like... Chytil isn’t a 4th-year NHLer, and the Rangers aren’t trying to win their division. And shit, Chytil is still sitting. :laugh:

I swear to God if that team does somehow miss the playoffs and that 1st wins the lottery, I’m just done with hockey.

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
TBH, I'd even take a Ryan Hollweg... someone just to fly around and hit people.

Hitting is still allowed right?

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
We really need Tampa to win the Cup, Jets to suck as much as possible, would be great if they find a way to miss the playoffs, and would be incredible if Dallas wins 2 rounds.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
TBH, I'd even take a Ryan Hollweg... someone just to fly around and hit people.

Hitting is still allowed right?
If Lemieux scores a goal as his next point then he will have doubled Hollweg's career goal total and tied his career point total

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad