OT: Workout/Lifting/General Fitness & Nutrition Thread

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i am actually taking the week+ off the weights since i do not have a lot of options for lifting. Training hard for 4-5 months straight roughly 5-6x/week my body could use some rest.

Taking the dog out for 30-60 mins daily, doing some core stuff (ab wheel, planks, leg raises) in the mean time and eventually will get into stretching every other day lol. hopefully my gym opens up early April.

Still eating quite high protein (~200g+ which is above 1g per bodyweight), low-ish carbs and moderate fat during this time off.

Last edited:

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Ok so I’m a newbie to weights... I got a Bowflex select dumbbell set a few months ago...I have been presently surprised by the results but would like any info I can get...
I’m doing 3 sets of 13 of upper body and the same of one legs 3-4 times a week...i work shift work and it’s pretty hard to do a workout after 12-14 hours of work and a family...
On days I do work out is it beneficial to do the same workout same sets in the morning and the exact same thing in the evening? Or is rest more important?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Ok so I’m a newbie to weights... I got a Bowflex select dumbbell set a few months ago...I have been presently surprised by the results but would like any info I can get...
I’m doing 3 sets of 13 of upper body and the same of one legs 3-4 times a week...i work shift work and it’s pretty hard to do a workout after 12-14 hours of work and a family...
On days I do work out is it beneficial to do the same workout same sets in the morning and the exact same thing in the evening? Or is rest more important?
probably not beneficial to do the same workout in the morning as the evening. if you search in google some two-a-day splits i am sure you can find some good material. If you are training 3-4x a week and want to do two-a-days, maybe do an upper-body in the AM and then lower-body workout in the PM. Rest is very important .

Reactions: Wolf357

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Also: i am on the hunt for a punching bag, if perhaps anyone has one lying around...... Kijiji seems to have none unfortunately :(

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
150 burpees is insane. I don’t even want to think about that.

I’ve done a few of those Winnipeg ICE workouts and they were decent to get the blood pumping but not too hard. 150 burpees is just plain evil though.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I like this vid. Home workout if you don't have access to a gym. No weights or equipment required; bodyweight only.

Thanks for sharing. I’m going to give this routine a try starting tomorrow (Monday, April 20th).

Only thing I don’t like is it’s three days per week and I usually do 5 per, but I think it would be good to mix things up a bit and I really need more cardio so I’ll do some of that on my off days.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
My word ... I thought I was in pretty decent shape until I encountered that workout. Wowzer, it totally wrecked me. Very humbling experience. Good workout. It will take me to the next level fitness-wise I'm sure!

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
My word ... I thought I was in pretty decent shape until I encountered that workout. Wowzer, it totally wrecked me. Very humbling experience. Good workout. It will take me to the next level fitness-wise I'm sure!

I know. Most things actually look fairly easy (except for the handstand pushups). But if you're doing a minute straight of reps per exercise, no/little rest, and 16 exercises? And you go through it 3 times? That's pretty damn tough. I like a lot of those individual exercises though, easy to throw one or two into another routine.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Just watched Hafthor Bjornsson (the mountain from GoT) break the world record deadlift - 501kg

Dude's 6'9 450lbs. 10000 calories a day

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Anyone ever feel like they pulled something on the inside of either shoulder blade? Sometimes have a weird issue inside of my right blade.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Anyone ever feel like they pulled something on the inside of either shoulder blade? Sometimes have a weird issue inside of my right blade.

injured rotator cuff? also when I put a rib out along the upper spine that pain can radiate to kind of under the shoulder blade

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
If it feels like it's under the shoulder blade, it would be subscapularis (one of four rotator cuff muscles).

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Would like to share a video I've been using these past few months, a
10 minute workout, 3 times a day.
I lost weight and toned up. Gets the heart pumping with diverse exercises, the best part is that nobody's talking , just follow. It works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad