Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Glad to know you think that calling out your boss over social media is a proper thing to do. Sounds very professional.

You and I seem to have a completely different view on this whole situation

I said react, certainly not social media.

But the fact remains that just as in the case I gave you, the boss isn't exactly an angel and mature.

Klopp has acted like crap here, certainly not better than Sakho.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I don't really understand why there is a debate.

Sakho was late for the team's intercontinental flight. And a medical treatment. And a team meal.

How is demoting him after three transgressions (in a very short amount of time) unfair?

Omitting the Snapchat bit because I think everyone agrees that publicly calling his manager a liar was extremely foolish.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Plenty of reporters have said what happenned. This is what I'm talking about when I argue about the word "educated".
I doubt the education of the reporters on the specifics that lead to that. The reporters have their sources, and we know all too well which side of the story will be told those reporters. It hasn't all transpired publically, so those reports are to be taken with a huge amount of salt.

Sakho's track record as a great team player and likeable player with a great character is known and speaks for itself.
Sure, but a 30+ year track record as a pro coach is a lot more meaningful than a 10 year track record for a young man. A young man in his 20s acting out is very, very common. And I doubt that he's as great a team player as you say.

Clearly, he rubbed Klopp the wrong way through :
1/ being unprofessional (lateness at airport and training)
2/ making fun of him in front of the camera

Now, that he got banned from the tour, bullyed into a forced loan move and then demoted to.. erh.. not even youth games is complete bullying since it's WAYYYYYYY too harsh for the incidents written above.
Klopp is making fun of himself in front of cameras on a somewhat regular basis; Sakho must have done so in an incredibly disrespectful manner if that's supposed to play a role here. If he was consistently unprofessional, then yeah, that's exactly the type of thing that would make sense, and I don't think responding to that is "childish". Harsh, sure, but that's at a coach's discretion.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't really understand why there is a debate.

Sakho was late for the team's intercontinental flight. And a medical treatment. And a team meal.

How is demoting him after three transgressions (in a very short amount of time) unfair?

Omitting the Snapchat bit because I think everyone agrees that publicly calling his manager a liar was extremely foolish.

You don't demote a starter for 3 months for that :laugh:

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007

Man Pep has not put yaya on his team sheet all year because his agent wont apologize.

Yes Yaya isnt as talented or as important as Sahko but you dont disrespect your manager like that.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008

Klopp does :dunno:

And he didn't demote Sakho for three months because of the U.S. incidents. The last month has been because of the Snapchat incident.

Who knows? Maybe Sakho would have been reinstated to the first team had he not called his manager a liar on social media.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
If that "disrespect" warrants 3 months in a pit, I hope you don't have many employees. :D

I dont think you really understand this, it wasnt only about being late to everything.

A) About being late
B) About not training hard
C) Calling out his boss on social media.

Those three things are what caused this 3 month demotion.

Sahko could have easily prevented all of this.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
:facepalm:
AGAIN, he called out his boss on social media AFTER the 3 months ban. By saying he wasn't even allowed to play with the youth teams.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's not that much to ask for some professional behaviour when you are a pro athlete getting paid tons.
Yeah it's not that much to ask a coach for some professionnal behviour and not act like some bipolar tough guy.
Fact is that he ruined Sakho's value. Just to act tough.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He also wasn't suspended for a month of that. He had a bum ankle and was rehabbing, couldn't play no matter what.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Yeah it's not that much to ask a coach for some professionnal behviour and not act like some bipolar tough guy.
Fact is that he ruined Sakho's value. Just to act tough.

We get it you dont like Klopp and want to see Sahko succeed. Just say that already and this issue will be over with.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I'm sure Sakho will succeed. Just looks like it's going to have to be somewhere other than Liverpool.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah, I really like him. I'm just not sure he could have gotten back into the team in any case unless someone gets hurt.

Will make a great 20m blockbuster signing for OM though. :sarcasm:

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
I'm sure Sakho will succeed. Just looks like it's going to have to be somewhere other than Liverpool.

Agreed, I rate Sahko as very good CB, but you make the bed you lie in, and he decided to vent his frustrations in possibly the worst way possible.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Yeah, I really like him. I'm just not sure he could have gotten back into the team in any case unless someone gets hurt.

Will make a great 20m blockbuster signing for OM though. :sarcasm:

Yeah, that's the other thing that's not mentioned. There's no indication that Sakho was going to keep his spot without any of the transgressions.

Lovren looked like one of the most transformed players under Klopp and Matip was always going to get a chance.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Yeah, that's the other thing that's not mentioned. There's no indication that Sakho was going to keep his spot without any of the transgressions.

Lovren looked like one of the most transformed players under Klopp and Matip was always going to get a chance.

And Klavan has performed very well when on the pitch, lucas looks competent back there and now Gomez is fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad