Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Seems lika Klopp is keen on Kolasinac. Free transfer in the summer or maybe a little cheaper this winter?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Seems lika Klopp is keen on Kolasinac. Free transfer in the summer or maybe a little cheaper this winter?

If he is interested he will try to get him on a free like Matip. But I don't necessarily believe that he is interested. Dahoud and Pulisic are the two leftover names from the summer so I imagine he will look in that direction first and go from there. They need another FB and another Winger for sure.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pulisic is off-limits. He's played a lot more this season than anticipated.

I'm not sure about Dahoud. Dortmund should also be trying to sign him. We need a box to box mid.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Pulisic is off-limits. He's played a lot more this season than anticipated.

I'm not sure about Dahoud. Dortmund should also be trying to sign him. We need a box to box mid.

I'm not here to talk about who is or who isn't available. I'm here to talk about confirmed targets. The rest are up to the teams.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
It sucks to see that happen to anyone, but especially to someone with Ings's workrate and attitude.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You probably should be. Most of the "who is and isn't avaiable" talk on here has more value than some media "target confirmations".

Depends on the sources. I'm not pulling names from the Daily Fail here.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Who cares about confirmed targets if they're not available? I'm sure many teams would love to bring in Messi, Suarez, Gundogan, Lewandowski & Boateng; but it doesn't matter because those players aren't going anywhere.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
lol exactly, I'm sure those players are targets of a gazillion other teams...which makes me wonder if they really would end up at Liverpool. If the Scouse end up top four with Klopp it ded makes it more attractive for these players.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

When it comes to "targets", I don't believe there's as much of a difference between the worst and the decent papers. When they label them targets, they know nothing blows up in their face when nothing happens, so they get to use it rather liberally. They're still competing with the Daily Fails and co. of the world for dire readership, and when it comes to sports, making up some believable targets still sells better than waiting until there's enough substance for an actual rumor.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I don't know who Liverpool will get but it seems obvious that they have the money and with Klopp on board they seem to be really attractive for younger player that want to reach the next level. We are not talking about Lewandoski there but Mahmoud freaking Dahoud and Christian Pulisic. Both have top potential but it's definitely not out of reach for Klopp.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
When it comes to "targets", I don't believe there's as much of a difference between the worst and the decent papers. When they label them targets, they know nothing blows up in their face when nothing happens, so they get to use it rather liberally. They're still competing with the Daily Fails and co. of the world for dire readership, and when it comes to sports, making up some believable targets still sells better than waiting until there's enough substance for an actual rumor.

I don't think it matters which paper it is, more WHO it is that came out with it. If for exempel someone like Paul Joyce or Ben Smith goes out with a Liverpool target you just know there is something in it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't know who Liverpool will get but it seems obvious that they have the money and with Klopp on board they seem to be really attractive for younger player that want to reach the next level. We are not talking about Lewandoski there but Mahmoud freaking Dahoud and Christian Pulisic. Both have top potential but it's definitely not out of reach for Klopp.

Pulisic most certainly is out of reach, and Dahoud will have bigger clubs after him...be it PSG or Citeh.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Pulisic most certainly is out of reach, and Dahoud will have bigger clubs after him...be it PSG or Citeh.

Again be it PSG or City. We are talking about young players not star players will they get any playing time at City or PSG?

Also while talking about PSG... I know Evilo won't like it but does going to la Ligue 1 really a step up other than potentially making more money.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
At this point in time, PSG isn't a step up from Liverpool in terms of opportunities. The team sucks in terms of football played, and players don't get any playing time anyway if they're not in Emery's papers. Even when he insists on buying them (Kryochowiak, Jese). Lucas is the most used player this season, that should tell you a lot.
No matter how bad those starters play, they'll start over anyone.
Can't see Dahoud get any playing time here since Rabiot barely gets some and he's one of the best young midfielders in the game.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't think it matters which paper it is, more WHO it is that came out with it. If for exempel someone like Paul Joyce or Ben Smith goes out with a Liverpool target you just know there is something in it.

Right. I purposely don't post anything from anywhere that that isn't from Joyce, Pearce, Reddy, or Barrett.

If they are reporting it, there is valid interest and the rest is up to the clubs.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They're a step up if they still have the CL to offer.

If it looks like Liverpool can offer that, it will make it an easier sell.

I think Pulisic's ship has sailed as well. The best option to get him was this summer. Now he's much closer to realizing potential, so the market will be beyond what he's worth.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Of course and they'll do have the CL, no matter how much they crash. They might not be champs though, and there's a big chance Verratti (and others) flee next summer. They're making a HUGE step back right now.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I guess I'm not so ignorant after all Mr. Evilo. PSG did not make the top 4 clubs in the world within the 3 - 4 year period.

Archer-Deal-With-It-Reaction-Gif.gif

Nah I'm just teasing. Really I'm a bit disappointed that PSG are dropping. I liked them despite our little spats and I prefer there is more competition in Europe. It's still possible Emery rights the ship though. Time.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It's a bit of a hard sell in some ways. Paris does have a lot to offer, but I'm not sure you have the league to retain some of these players. Throw in the fact that Emery is a bit different, and it's kinda a weird situation.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I guess I'm not so ignorant after all Mr. Evilo. PSG did not make the top 4 clubs in the world within the 3 - 4 year period.

Actually they were last year, but had their worst games of the year in that QF. I don't think anyone doubted then that PSG was the better team.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sure, but if you're going to use that argument then you still count Barcelona as better than PSG anyway.

Real/Atletico/Bayern/Barca were all better at least last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad