Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool needs another fullback, and another Mane type winger. Maybe a midfielder too.

If Dahoud is still a primary target I think they need to act this winter. Would throw a lot of money at Dahoud and loan them Grujic or something along those lines to get it done. More teams will come in this summer.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Liverpool needs another fullback, and another Mane type winger. Maybe a midfielder too.

If Dahoud is still a primary target I think they need to act this winter. Would throw a lot of money at Dahoud and loan them Grujic or something along those lines to get it done. More teams will come in this summer.
I feel depending on the year-end results, Liverpool would be also in a good position of get Dahoud in the summer.

But yes, Liverpool needs more speed on the wing. They are now relying a lot on Mane to provide pace but nobody on the team could provide cover for him.

Also I wouldn't mind selling Sturridge and get a younger version of him like Dembele.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Acting this winter on Dahoud is no more an option than acting on him was this past summer. BMG will sell him, but not until after the season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Promes would be a great buy. But I'm under the impression he won't move until the summer. Leon Bailey would be a good option to deputize for Mane though.

That said there are some good young options in the academy too. He may not need to buy anyone. TAA, Wilson, Ojo when he's healthy, Ejaria etc.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Promes would be a great buy. But I'm under the impression he won't move until the summer. Leon Bailey would be a good option to deputize for Mane though.

That said there are some good young options in the academy too. He may not need to buy anyone. TAA, Wilson, Ojo when he's healthy, Ejaria etc.

Liverpool are well placed for a title run, and depending how the next two months go, could be VERY well placed for a title run. They are going to need extra bodies. An injury to Clyne or Mane and they are toast. Ejaria is the only one of those players who has seen first team minutes this season. They shouldn't risk the good work on hoping the academy is ready.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Acting this winter on Dahoud is no more an option than acting on him was this past summer. BMG will sell him, but not until after the season.

BMG will get paid either way. I'm saying that if Liverpool wants s him they need to make BMG a godfather offer now because if it gets into a bidding war this summer it is unlikely to go in their favor despite being first to show concrete interest.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea, CB seems an obvious thing to look at for United. Even when Bailly is back it's clear that there's a whole in case of injury to either him or Smalling.

I could also see Mourinho looking at midfield to upgrade on Fellaini or Herrera to theoretically allow Pogba not to play more free.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I feel depending on the year-end results, Liverpool would be also in a good position of get Dahoud in the summer.

But yes, Liverpool needs more speed on the wing. They are now relying a lot on Mane to provide pace but nobody on the team could provide cover for him.

Also I wouldn't mind selling Sturridge and get a younger version of him like Dembele.

I'm over Sturridge. I just don't want to allocate him those minutes anymore with Origi and Ings in frame. You sell Sturridge and Sakho and you have enough capital to get the wide players at the front and back that you need.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
BMG will get paid either way. I'm saying that if Liverpool wants s him they need to make BMG a godfather offer now because if it gets into a bidding war this summer it is unlikely to go in their favor despite being first to show concrete interest.

40m from PSG didn't even cause them second thoughts last summer. Unless they win out until the winter break, so that CL football is all but secured, I can't imagine what sort of fee would qualify as a godfather offer.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Yeah Sturridge seems to be falling out of favor rapidly, if he hasn't already. I think it was glaring when Lallana came on for him last week.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Sturridge is very skilled and a good finisher but he won't run and he will try to do too much.

He is still a top player but he is not fitting under Klopp gegenpressing.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ghezzal actually hasn't signed his extension yet, depsite giving his oral agreement.
He wants to force a bigger salary by waiting until january, where he's free to sign anywhere else for free.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well duh, of course. Klopp played the tough guy and won't even play one of his best CBs in cup games.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Well duh, of course. Klopp played the tough guy and won't even play one of his best CBs in cup games.

Sahko has acted like a petulant child throughout all of this. But we all know French players can do no wrong in your eyes.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sahko has acted like a petulant child throughout all of this. But we all know French players can do no wrong in your eyes.
Please stop being ignorant. I've made my opinion on plenty of french players clear a thousand times. Nasri, Ribery, Menez, and so many others.

Klopp has acted like a petulant child throughout all this. But we all know than Liverpool coaches can do no wrong to Liverpool fans.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Please stop being ignorant. I've made my opinion on plenty of french players clear a thousand times. Nasri, Ribery, Menez, and so many others.

Klopp has acted like a petulant child throughout all this. But we all know than Liverpool coaches can do no wrong to Liverpool fans.

So its klopps fault Sahko got kicked off the American tour?
Is it also Klopps fault that Sahko decided to voice his displeasure over snapchat, when he could have easily spoken to Jurgen 1 on 1.

And to be quite frank with you, the play of Matip, Klavan and Lovren have allowed me to not even think of Sahko once.

Now gomez is fit and Lucas has looked somewhat competent at CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad