Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...eep-julian-weigl-with-treble-your-money-deal/

Weigl to Man City.

Almost too obvious to be a real rumor.

I'd want that price more than tripled before I consider it. I want about 72M pounds, which is just over what Martial was sold for, taking into account the add-ons. They could do the same initial fee and add-ons for the Martial deal and then add on 1M to each because we should want more than what Martial went for. If they want to match that price, you let him go.

20M pounds is an offer to laugh at.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You won't see 70+ million pounds that's ridiculous. Martial as overpriced as he was is a forward, that's where the big bucks are spent.

Pogba was an anomaly and clearly a dumb one.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lots of pressure on PSG to make some moves.
If Lyon is out of the CL, I wouldn't be surprised to see them sell.
Monaco will buy some young prospects and will be pressured in doing so since Lille will be a player with money from the new owner and Luis Campos as the football director. He'll spend some dough on some young guys for sure.
Finally, OM will spend with its new owner, no doubt. How much is a big question mark though. He said 200M€ over 4 years, which is really not much by today's standards. And it's not as if OM could sell for money, they don't own anyone who would bring some big money back.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mean if you haven't figured it by now you won't ever but your best players will always leave. As much as I hate to say it. It's just a matter of where they go and for how much.

There's a good chance Weigl will leave in the next few years, but we don't need to sell him until someone puts a good offer on the table. 20M pounds is a terrible offer for Weigl.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...eep-julian-weigl-with-treble-your-money-deal/

Weigl to Man City.

Almost too obvious to be a real rumor. This already started last season with him to City.

I'd want that price more than tripled before I consider it. I want about 72M pounds, which is just over what Martial was sold for, taking into account the add-ons. They could do the same initial fee and add-ons for the Martial deal and then add on 1M to each because we should want more than what Martial went for. If they want to match that price, you let him go.

20M pounds is an offer to laugh at.

Please just don't even post about it until there's something real.

You won't see 70+ million pounds that's ridiculous. Martial as overpriced as he was is a forward, that's where the big bucks are spent.

Pogba was an anomaly and clearly a dumb one.

His contract runs through 2019. Can't remember the last time Dortmund sold a key player with more than one year left on his contract (Götze's release clause aside). They also let Lewandowski's run out and didn't budge on selling Reus until they renewed his contract with 6 months left on it. If another club wants them to consider selling him before 2018, they are going to have to offer inflated price. Same with Auba's contract.

With that said, they're apparently offering him a huge wage hike to extend his contract.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
You are right, I shouldn't have posted it. If I saw the words "Weigl to Man City" I think I momentarily would've panicked until I clicked on the article.

I think his contract situation is almost a no-win situation for the club. If he doesn't sign a contract extension before the summer, there will start to be more rumors, and the way he's playing, it could start to be just about every big club in Europe, not just Man City. Even if he signs an extension, what if Man City or someone else offers crazy money? What does the contract extension really mean if someone does that? I don't think we'll be turning down big money for any player, but it has to be big money, not just his market value, it has to be way above that.

Maybe Weigl wants to stay. He could prefer playing in Germany, could prefer staying in a team with as much young talent as any team in the world, he could prefer being the best player at Dortmund than any player at Real or Barca.

The club better start loading up on more young talent, if they are going to start selling the best players.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
And what a mistake that was. Hopefully they don't make the same mistake again (though in the case of Weigl, it's in a long time).

Still don't see how it was a mistake. Bayern wasn't giving them a fair offer knowing he'd come for free a little later, and Lewandowski remained a key player. They have more than enough money.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Lots of pressure on PSG to make some moves.
If Lyon is out of the CL, I wouldn't be surprised to see them sell.
Monaco will buy some young prospects and will be pressured in doing so since Lille will be a player with money from the new owner and Luis Campos as the football director. He'll spend some dough on some young guys for sure.
Finally, OM will spend with its new owner, no doubt. How much is a big question mark though. He said 200M€ over 4 years, which is really not much by today's standards. And it's not as if OM could sell for money, they don't own anyone who would bring some big money back.

I'd be happy with a backup CB and a star forward to play alongside Cavani. What are the chances of Lyon selling Lacazette to Paris?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You don't turn away from big money and win nothing in the end. Especially when it's a rival. You make them pay as much as you can (even if it's not much).
Dortmund didn't win their league that year, not the CL.
So keeping him amounted to 0 trophy, and a big money loss (in salary for the year+no transfer fee).

Can't see where the positive was really.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'd be happy with a backup CB and a star forward to play alongside Cavani. What are the chances of Lyon selling Lacazette to Paris?
If PSG is wiling to spend huge money, they'll get him. Doubt they do however as they don't see striker as the main need. They need a backup CB however, that's for sure.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
If PSG is wiling to spend huge money, they'll get him. Doubt they do however as they don't see striker as the main need. They need a backup CB however, that's for sure.

They must really believe in Augustin/Jesé. If Cavani goes down, things could get really ugly.

Looks like a lot of PL teams are interested in Kimpembe, too.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

If PSG want to buy a striker Icardi is the one they must go after.

For Juve I think they'd use a creative midfielder. Not easy to find an available one though. I have no interest in Cesc.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

For Juve I think they'd use a creative midfielder. Not easy to find an available one though. I have no interest in Cesc.

Di Maria wouldn't be happy with that. He, Messi and other top Argentinian players hate Icardi to death.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
They must really believe in Augustin/Jesé. If Cavani goes down, things could get really ugly.

Looks like a lot of PL teams are interested in Kimpembe, too.

Clearly if Cavani is injured, they're completely screwed. But they don't want to buy someone who'll shake Cavani's confidence either :D
Most likely, they go for a good young striker who isn't going to ask to start over Cavani.

Kimpembe has been good, but his last game at Nancy was absolutely shocking. He's hardly ready to start for any big team right now. Which is not surprising since he's young and discovering the highest level.

Clearly, but I don't think they'll go that route.
They would spend that cash on Draxler more easily IMO (someone who could play different positions).

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Chelsea would be in great shape if they sold Fabregas, bring in a CB, and either add a CM or upgrade Matic, upgrade wing-back or upgrade the Willian/Pedro spot.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Chelsea would be in great shape if they sold Fabregas, bring in a CB, and either add a CM or upgrade Matic, upgrade wing-back or upgrade the Willian/Pedro spot.

So basically Chelsea would be in great shape if they upgraded 5-6/11 spots in their starting lineup :laugh: that's very true though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad