Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So its klopps fault Sahko got kicked off the American tour?
Is it also Klopps fault that Sahko decided to voice his displeasure over snapchat, when he could have easily spoken to Jurgen 1 on 1.

And to be quite frank with you, the play of Matip, Klavan and Lovren have allowed me to not even think of Sahko once.

Now gomez is fit and Lucas has looked somewhat competent at CB.

Obviously, Sakho has his share of mistakes, but nothing that warrants Klopp's behaviour.
But I've said for months now that Klopp has used Sakho to establish his authority and is bullying him. He's trying to set an example, and make it clear to the board that he's the one in charge.
That's fair to him, but certainly unfair to Sakho.

Klopp seemed pretty happy with Sakho last year.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's hard to argue with what Klopp has done considering the standings.
No, it's not hard, it just comforts Klopp into doing whatever he wants. Obviously, if his D was getting shattered every week (though they haven't been perfect defensively), he would have been under pressure to select him.
But right now, it gives him all he needs to continue to bully him and force him out.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Obviously, Sakho has his share of mistakes, but nothing that warrants Klopp's behaviour.
But I've said for months now that Klopp has used Sakho to establish his authority and is bullying him. He's trying to set an example, and make it clear to the board that he's the one in charge.

Pretty common move among managers in every profession. Doesn't seem like Klopp would do something without any cause, so Sakho should've treaded waters a little bit more cautiously.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Sakho is a good guy and honest but Klopp is not dumb he knows the club better than anybody around here and even though Sakho is more than good enough on the field its obvious he is not fitting the profile that Klopp wants from his players. It sucks for Sakho but the club is moving forward.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

If this was his end game he could've done that with lesser players... He could've easily done this with Moreno, Struddigge and maybe even Hendo. Clop doesn't strike me as the dictatorship type. He's clearly a fun loving guy. If there's an issue with Sakho it's justified...he's not Mou. Has he ostracized players at Dortmund?

No, it's not hard, it just comforts Klopp into doing whatever he wants. Obviously, if his D was getting shattered every week (though they haven't been perfect defensively), he would have been under pressure to select him.
But right now, it gives him all he needs to continue to bully him and force him out.

They sit tied for 1st. I'd say Klopp has gotten it right so far.

This narrative is pretty funny. What Beef would Klopp have with Sakho, if he didn't act like an idiot?

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007

This happens all the time.

Mourhino with Mata at Chelsea
LVG with Rooney
Rodgers and Klopp with Balo
Mancini with Balo
Guardiola with Toure
Guardiola with Zlatan

I can keep on going.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
If this was his end game he could've done that with lesser players... He could've easily done this with Moreno, Struddigge and maybe even Hendo. Clop doesn't strike me as the dictatorship type. He's clearly a fun loving guy. If there's an issue with Sakho it's justified...he's not Mou. Has he ostracized players at Dortmund?

They sit tied for 1st. I'd say Klopp has gotten it right so far.

This narrative is pretty funny. What Beef would Klopp have with Sakho, if he didn't act like an idiot?

This 100%

Sturridge pissed he didnt get minutes against west ham, looks pissed on the bench, Klopp puts him out there to lead the attack against Tottenham and scores both goals that see them through to the quarter finals of the league cup.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
There's a difference in what Evilo's suggesting and the cases of players v managers mentioned above.

Its all relativley the same, maybe not LVG with Rooney because he got canned. But each one of those guys moved or will move to other teams because of differences with there managers.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Klopp has acted like a petulant child throughout all this. But we all know than Liverpool coaches can do no wrong to Liverpool fans.

Or all German fans, even those that have been used to disliking Klopp for years, I guess. :)

When asked who is more likely to actually have been a petulant child, a coach wildly appreciated by virtually every of his players including former players (minus the odd diva like Immbolie), and some 25-year old rich kid, I'll make my educated guess.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sakho made his bed at Liverpool. Klopp's not the first manager to have issues with him either.

To be honest he was pretty meh when he played for Liverpool anyway. No harm no foul to the team. Lovren and Matip as a pairing has looked better than any pairing Sakho was a part of. Klavan has slotted in nicely as a back-up and Lucas can do the job too. Gomez being healthy along with Ilori's performances means Sakho is really unnecessary.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Its all relativley the same, maybe not LVG with Rooney because he got canned. But each one of those guys moved or will move to other teams because of differences with there managers.

If i'm not mistaken Evilo is suggesting Klopp is "bullying" Sakho in order to establish an hierarchy. Similar to what we find in prison movies. Take down the biggest guy there to establish yourself as the alpha male.

Mourhino with Mata at Chelsea
LVG with Rooney
Rodgers and Klopp with Balo
Mancini with Balo
Guardiola with Toure
Guardiola with Zlatan

Mou has a history so, I'll concede that. The rest however I disagree with. Balo is a problem child that has problems wherever he went. Not familiar with LVG and Rooney.

Pep with Toure was an issue of playing time and where he was going to play in Barca's 11.

Pep with Ibra was warranted and also an issue over where Zlatan was being deployed.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
When asked who is more likely to actually have been a petulant child, a coach wildly appreciated by virtually every of his players including former players (minus the odd diva like Immbolie), and some 25-year old rich kid, I'll make my educated guess.

Not so educated when you only consider one side of the debate here.
And you never tried to educate yourself on Sakho's behaviour.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Not so educated when you only consider one side of the debate here.
And you never tried to educate yourself on Sakho's behaviour.

What is there to educate myself on? It's not like we have multiple eye-witnesses that can attest to everything that transpired between the two.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What is there to educate myself on? It's not like we have multiple eye-witnesses that can attest to everything that transpired between the two.

Actually there have been witnesses of the American Tour incident. And Klopp's overreaction.

But when you say "educated guess" and you paint Klopp as the most likeable person ever while the player is OF COURSE a spoiled rich brat, let me tell you that's as far as "educated" as guess can be.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Actually there have been witnesses of the American Tour incident. And Klopp's overreaction.
And in which papers have those witnesses been talking? And we know Klopp's reaction was because of an isolated incident why?

But when you say "educated guess" and you paint Klopp as the most likeable person ever while the player is OF COURSE a spoiled rich brat, let me tell you that's as far as "educated" as guess can be.
Klopp isn't the most likeable person ever, but his track record as a coach who is known for strong relationships with players speaks for itself.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The tour incident isn't the problem. Klopp said Sakho would come back very soon. Then Sakho freaked out in public late one night and has sheen playing under 23 football since. No surprise he has to leave though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And in which papers have those witnesses been talking? And we know Klopp's reaction was because of an isolated incident why?

Klopp isn't the most likeable person ever, but his track record as a coach who is known for strong relationships with players speaks for itself.

Plenty of reporters have said what happenned. This is what I'm talking about when I argue about the word "educated".

Sakho's track record as a great team player and likeable player with a great character is known and speaks for itself.

Clearly, he rubbed Klopp the wrong way through :
1/ being unprofessional (lateness at airport and training)
2/ making fun of him in front of the camera

Now, that he got banned from the tour, bullyed into a forced loan move and then demoted to.. erh.. not even youth games is complete bullying since it's WAYYYYYYY too harsh for the incidents written above.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The tour incident isn't the problem. Klopp said Sakho would come back very soon. Then Sakho freaked out in public late one night and has sheen playing under 23 football since. No surprise he has to leave though.

Then again, as stupid as that was by Sakho, it clearly was an incident that came from overblown punishment.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Plenty of reporters have said what happenned. This is what I'm talking about when I argue about the word "educated".

Sakho's track record as a great team player and likeable player with a great character is known and speaks for itself.

Clearly, he rubbed Klopp the wrong way through :
1/ being unprofessional (lateness at airport and training)
2/ making fun of him in front of the camera

Now, that he got banned from the tour, bullyed into a forced loan move and then demoted to.. erh.. not even youth games is complete bullying since it's WAYYYYYYY too harsh for the incidents written above.

You dont call out your manager on social media where the whole world can see it?

would you do that to your boss?

Or would you settle it like adults, something Sahko should have done.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You dont call out your manager on social media where the whole world can see it?

would you do that to your boss?

Or would you settle it like adults, something Sahko should have done.

Haha, as if Klopp had acted like an adult here. He pushed Sakho in a corner here, and Sakho reacted exactly like he shouldn't have and exactly like Klopp hoped he would.
Except he stayed silent for 2 months, but of course, nobody will credit him for that.:help:

If my boss was to put me in a corner and forced me to quit my job (even though he loved what I brought the year before and praised me then) and bullyed me into being useless, I sure would react.

Glad to know you wouldn't.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sakho has also only been playing okay for the reserves so I think that's also a factor. Probably a bigger one than the other stuff.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Haha, as if Klopp had acted like an adult here. He pushed Sakho in a corner here, and Sakho reacted exactly like he shouldn't have and exactly like Klopp hoped he would.
Except he stayed silent for 2 months, but of course, nobody will credit him for that.:help:

If my boss was to put me in a corner and forced me to quit my job (even though he loved what I brought the year before and praised me then) and bullyed me into being useless, I sure would react.

Glad to know you wouldn't.

Glad to know you think that calling out your boss over social media is a proper thing to do. Sounds very professional.

You and I seem to have a completely different view on this whole situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad