Whoever acquires Mark Stone will win the Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
With Stone's future (seemingly) nearing an end in Ottawa let me be the first to say that whoever acquires Mark Stone will win the Stanley Cup this season (assuming he leaves Ottawa).

He is an absolute gamer who is born for playoff hockey, one of the best takeaway players of all time, solid defensively, near PPG player on one of the worst teams in the league, and a leader who wants absolutely nothing more than to win: seriously he celebrates when his team scores from the bench harder than the guy who actually scored the goal (seriously).

Please feel free to post in what will be an epic prediction thread.

Why is Stone even in play. Sens should relocate because they are about to give Duchene and Stone and they already got rid of Karlsson, Turris, Zibenajad, Lehner etc

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Whoever acquires him still won’t be Tampa Bay. They’re so much better than any other team right now.

Things can change especially in the playoffs, but I wouldn’t bet against Tampa right now, no matter what other teams do.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
iKwzZzL.gif

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Whoever acquires him still won’t be Tampa Bay. They’re so much better than any other team right now.

Things can change especially in the playoffs, but I wouldn’t bet against Tampa right now, no matter what other teams do.
presidents trophy teams never win the cup.
wasnt chicago the last one in the shortened year??

Reactions: behemolari

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth

Agree. TB are the team to beat this coming PO's. Stone will help a Jets/Preads/Flame team but I don't think they will be good enough even with a Stone type player added to their team to beat the Bolts in the SC final. That said the Bolts need to win it all this year, if they don't then it is a major failure for the organization.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
With Stone's future (seemingly) nearing an end in Ottawa let me be the first to say that whoever acquires Mark Stone will win the Stanley Cup this season (assuming he leaves Ottawa).

He is an absolute gamer who is born for playoff hockey, one of the best takeaway players of all time, solid defensively, near PPG player on one of the worst teams in the league, and a leader who wants absolutely nothing more than to win: seriously he celebrates when his team scores from the bench harder than the guy who actually scored the goal (seriously).

Please feel free to post in what will be an epic prediction thread.
I don't know who the OP is, but I love the confidence. Cheers to you.

giphy.gif

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Why is Stone even in play. Sens should relocate because they are about to give Duchene and Stone and they already got rid of Karlsson, Turris, Zibenajad, Lehner etc

That doesn't make any sense.

How is the solution to shitty ownership to move the team?

Literally has zero logic attached to it.

marinoni1983

Feb 8, 2017
He wasn't the ppg monster he was now back then tho. And subban broke his hand for one of those playoffs

Broke his hand lol.. I played golf with Mark a month after the incident and he smashed a couple drives over 300 yards, he didn't break his hand that's a lie.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Broke his hand lol.. I played golf with Mark a month after the incident and he smashed a couple drives over 300 yards, he didn't break his hand that's a lie.
Oh whoops the senators / nhl/ sportnet site said he fractured his wrist my mistake for them lying to me . Should have went golfing with him four years ago

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
I've seen better playoff warriors that Stone could only dream of being, not win the stanley cup. So no...

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Agree. TB are the team to beat this coming PO's. Stone will help a Jets/Preads/Flame team but I don't think they will be good enough even with a Stone type player added to their team to beat the Bolts in the SC final. That said the Bolts need to win it all this year, if they don't then it is a major failure for the organization.
I agree. Its cup or bust.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I think the cup winner comes from the East. If he goes to an ecf contender I can see it.

Some teams have already burned their first so not sure how likely that is.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Issue: Presidents Trophy winners "never" win the cup.
Solution: Forfeit enough games to lose the trophy, then you are guaranteed to win the cup.

Reactions: The Macho Man
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad