Whoever acquires Mark Stone will win the Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
No rule, but it’s the norm. Almost every player starts declining in late 20’s. Literally the only exception I can think of is Brad Marchant. Not saying Stone won’t improve, but I doubt his points continue too go up after the next year or two.
Age 33 is the landmark age of of irreversible decline. Before that, players usually perform at a consistent level. Those with grittier styles might wear out sooner.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
A hockey fan first. Someone who tries to stay objective on these forums unlike you and your peers.

You keep holding onto that regular season success though. Whatever helps you sleep at night :)

some success better than none :)

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
No rule, but it’s the norm. Almost every player starts declining in late 20’s. Literally the only exception I can think of is Brad Marchant. Not saying Stone won’t improve, but I doubt his points continue too go up after the next year or two.

You can't let abstract norms blind you when analyzing players. Norms don't exist in the real world, and macro trends don't mix with micro analysis, because macro trends are bell curved. You are right that the typical player peaks in their mid 20s. The typical player doesn't exist though; you need to look at Stone as an individual, and Stone is a stud.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Another overrated player from Ottawa.

Wasn't Karlsson supposed to torch the league once he got on a new team? Getting outplayed by Burns who Ottawa fans said wasn't on the same level. :laugh:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Such a fantastic player, i'm still blown away that ottawa felt that he wasn't good enough to keep at only 26.
He didn't want to stay in Ottawa and no one blames him for feeling that way given the situation. Your characterization of this trade is very flawed.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
This isn’t true. He’s in his prime. By the second half of his contract he’ll be declining. He’s a great player though, worth every penny.
I agree with you. Stone is in his prime right now. I wouldnt expect him to get better, he is already a fantastic player. Hopefully his late 20s and 30s treat him well. Tough to predict how that will go with hockey players.

Reactions: Morlu

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009
He didn't want to stay in Ottawa and no one blames him for feeling that way given the situation. Your characterization of this trade is very flawed.

I just feel that through the actions of the franchise they showed stone that they didn't seriously want to keep him, but thats me, feel free to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad