Whoever acquires Mark Stone will win the Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Stone would be the best player on Nashville or Winnipeg, and yet the way some people talk about him you'd think they'd be acquiring him to bolster their bottom 6.

Best winger in the league defensively and has put up over a PPG over the last two seasons playing mostly beside the likes of Brassard, Tkachuk and White.

Think I can safely speak for both fan bases in saying that’s definitely incorrect.

Stone has been pretty inconsistent of late. There are some games where he has been completely invisible and others where he's dominated. He'd be a great asset, but not sure he brings you the Cup..

Didn’t seem so inconsistent lighting up the Jets! :laugh:

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
A lot of people missing the point. I’m obviously not saying you could add Stone to the Oilers and they’d win the cup, I’m saying of the teams who realistically might trade for him, whoever does, will win the cup.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
With Stone's future (seemingly) nearing an end in Ottawa let me be the first to say that whoever acquires Mark Stone will win the Stanley Cup this season (assuming he leaves Ottawa).

He is an absolute gamer who is born for playoff hockey, one of the best takeaway players of all time, solid defensively, near PPG player on one of the worst teams in the league, and a leader who wants absolutely nothing more than to win: seriously he celebrates when his team scores from the bench harder than the guy who actually scored the goal (seriously).

Please feel free to post in what will be an epic prediction thread.
maybe not cup but they vault up the leaderboards. i just hope he doesnt end up in winnipeg. stone is human ice tilt.

Reactions: Sureves

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
But can he play through the pain? He has shown to be a very weak player in the past, not someone I'd be counting on in the tough games of playoffs.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Doubt it. Never been a winner outside of going undefeated with the Winnipeg Thrashers in 2007-08 and Winning gold at the World Championships.

Think Dallas should trade for him, would look good with Benn and Seguin.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I don't know how we're going to fit him under the cap, but if you think he's going to the Lightning, well...

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
How often does the team that wins the Cup make the biggest free agent acquisition?

Since 2006, here's the big acquisitions that paid off for the eventual cup winners:
-2006 Hurricanes acquired Mark Recchi, who played an important part in the win.
-2011 Bruins made a ton of acquisitions (including big ticket Kaberle), but Kelly and Peverley were more impactful than Kaberle (I'd argue Kaberle was a passenger on that team).
-2014 Kings acquired Gaborik, and he played a huge part in the win.

Vermette isn't a huge name (well except for the fact he was traded at like, every trade deadline ever :laugh: ) but he was big for us in 2015. It was a panic trade after Kanes injury but he really showed up in the finals.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
With Stone's future (seemingly) nearing an end in Ottawa let me be the first to say that whoever acquires Mark Stone will win the Stanley Cup this season (assuming he leaves Ottawa).

He is an absolute gamer who is born for playoff hockey, one of the best takeaway players of all time, solid defensively, near PPG player on one of the worst teams in the league, and a leader who wants absolutely nothing more than to win: seriously he celebrates when his team scores from the bench harder than the guy who actually scored the goal (seriously).

Please feel free to post in what will be an epic prediction thread.

Guys I found Melnyks burner account !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad