Whoever acquires Mark Stone will win the Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
How often does the team that wins the Cup make the biggest free agent acquisition?

Since 2006, here's the big acquisitions that paid off for the eventual cup winners:
-2006 Hurricanes acquired Mark Recchi, who played an important part in the win.
-2011 Bruins made a ton of acquisitions (including big ticket Kaberle), but Kelly and Peverley were more impactful than Kaberle (I'd argue Kaberle was a passenger on that team).
-2014 Kings acquired Gaborik, and he played a huge part in the win.

Hmm so every 4-5 yrs, the big catch at the trade deadline directly contributes to the Cup win. It's been 4-5 yrs since the last time in 2014.

So....whoever acquires Mark Stone will win the Stanley Cup.

Reactions: behemolari

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I like Stone but deadline acquisitions can be tough for new players to transition to new team. I wouldnt go betting that he will win the cup with his new team. He could though.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
With Stone's future (seemingly) nearing an end in Ottawa let me be the first to say that whoever acquires Mark Stone will win the Stanley Cup this season (assuming he leaves Ottawa).

He is an absolute gamer who is born for playoff hockey, one of the best takeaway players of all time, solid defensively, near PPG player on one of the worst teams in the league, and a leader who wants absolutely nothing more than to win: seriously he celebrates when his team scores from the bench harder than the guy who actually scored the goal (seriously).

Please feel free to post in what will be an epic prediction thread.
Sounds like you are trying to up that value, bruh.

To bad we aren't GMs

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
This isn't the NBA. I wouldn't even call Tampa with McDavid a lock for the cup let alone a guy like Stone.
He can't even get Ottawa out of the basement but he's a lock for the cup lol?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
If the Oilers can't get out of the bottom 3 with McDavid I doubt 1 player would ever make much of a difference. Seems like a hype up your own player before they sign an extension thread, given the timing of Ottawa offering a contract and this thread.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Stone would be the best player on Nashville or Winnipeg, and yet the way some people talk about him you'd think they'd be acquiring him to bolster their bottom 6.

Best winger in the league defensively and has put up over a PPG over the last two seasons playing mostly beside the likes of Brassard, Tkachuk and White.

Reactions: Dabruins

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
13 points in 27 career playoff games = born for playoff hockey

Classic stat watchers. He played through injury and had it been regular season he wouldnt have played. If you watched him play nightly you would understand what OP is talking about. Whoever lands him is gonna be very happy people

Reactions: Sureves

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
With Stone's future (seemingly) nearing an end in Ottawa let me be the first to say that whoever acquires Mark Stone will win the Stanley Cup this season (assuming he leaves Ottawa).

He is an absolute gamer who is born for playoff hockey, one of the best takeaway players of all time, solid defensively, near PPG player on one of the worst teams in the league, and a leader who wants absolutely nothing more than to win: seriously he celebrates when his team scores from the bench harder than the guy who actually scored the goal (seriously).

Please feel free to post in what will be an epic prediction thread.
I've read this quite a few times, but to be honest, his playoffs to date haven't been his best hockey. I'm not saying that he is or isnt born for playoff hockey, I'm just pointing that out.

Edit: I should of read the thread first, I see this has already been discussed at length

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Stone has been pretty inconsistent of late. There are some games where he has been completely invisible and others where he's dominated. He'd be a great asset, but not sure he brings you the Cup..

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Yeah but so was EK

But I do think Mark Stone will be a playoff beast over his career

EK was in a league of his own that playoff run, don't know if I've ever seen a dman completely dominate the play like he did. Seriously one of the best playoff performances ever.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
I'd love to see him on NYI. He and Panarin are the two that I want them to pursue on 7/1. Hell, I'd even trade for him today provided the price is right.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Jinx--Jinx.jpg

Jinxed.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Stone has been pretty inconsistent of late. There are some games where he has been completely invisible and others where he's dominated. He'd be a great asset, but not sure he brings you the Cup..
Idk he hasn’t been playing the entire year on a line with two rookies , would probably be more consistent if he was playing with better / more seasoned players. But who knows maybe not.

No single player can guarantee a cup but obv him or panarin would be great gets for any contender

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Of course, sound logic. Stone's proven playoff track record will no doubt guarantee the team that gets him the coveted Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad