Who will be captain if eichel is traded

• Thread starter Deleted member 331730
  • Start date

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Not even close to being ready to take that kind of role. He has yet to get his hockey game together enough to justify more than a "lets wait and see" bridge deal. Let him keep his focus on hockey. Also, hockey skill and leadership have nothing to do with each other. Making Dahlin captain would likely be going right down the Eichel road again. So far, the young player who has shown the most leadership attributes, or at least as much as you can see on TV, is Cozens, and even if he is a natural I would want to give him a couple of years of development before throwing it on his back as well.

Unless they bring back an obvious leader in an Eichel trade, then give 3 A's to your vets for the year and wait until you have built the new core before seeing who stands out for it. On the current roster that is probably Okposo, Girgs, and Skinner.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I agree with the (new) Instigators & believe polling the room of players in selecting someone regarding to who and why they should wear the C

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Didn't Adams kinda say that there wouldn't be a new captain named?

He said something along the lines of "we will see how things work out within the room."

My guess is that Adams, Granato, and crew see how things go through camp and we either get a bunch of As or someone is named Captain before the opener.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
He said something along the lines of "we will see how things work out within the room."

My guess is that Adams, Granato, and crew see how things go through camp and we either get a bunch of As or someone is named Captain before the opener.

Bold prediction haha. Wouldn't it have to be one or the other anyways? But yeah, I assume we're getting a bunch of A's. No point in slapping a C on anyone until Cozens is ready.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20210201_022258.jpg

"You tell Donny he better name Tage the new captain OR ELSE."

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
A's for Okposo, Girgensons, and either Miller or Pysyk. I'm not giving it to our best players, or even guys we hope will constitute the new "core". Let them grow without any of that pressure, let the vets get the letters for now and as they leave in FA/Trade/Buyout/etc., then the young guys can take their place. Make damn sure they are ready first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad