debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
no one
until someone proves it
even Eichel shouldn't have been Captain
his defeatist body language certainly didn't balance
out his capability to deliver decent post game interviews.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
Okposo is really the only choice right now if they go with a single C. He's a vet, is by all accounts well-liked by the staff as well as the players, and despite the fact that he's not the best player on the roster, he's been praised for years for his approach to the game both on and off the ice. No problems at all with Kyle wearing the C

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Given the disparagement of Captain Jack by players and posters alike, for my money, but more importantly the Pegula's money, the most experienced - let alone economical, effective, and efficient - choice is their current yacht captain, whoever he is. My undertanding is he wears a Sabres home white "#1" sweater with "Captain" on the name plate, and the "C" on the chest while at the helm of the "SS Hockey Heaven" steaming out of South Florida. The traditional anchor emblem on his white officers hat with navy blue brim is replaced by the buffalo and crossed-swords logo.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Bferra13

Apr 7, 2019
The answer is probably Okposo, but I'm sorry he's an albatross. Love the heart, but just go away already. I guess it doesn't matter now though that we have no more cap worries. Give it to Girgs tho.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I don't see them giving anyone the C right away. Hopefully they wont have to deal with deciding what to do with Eichel and the C.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Okposo is clearly still an NHL level player. He's not worth his contract & his health will always be a worry - but he's not ECHL level which he's often made out to be.

The only thing keeping him out of the lineup will be injury.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Okposo is really the only choice right now if they go with a single C. He's a vet, is by all accounts well-liked by the staff as well as the players, and despite the fact that he's not the best player on the roster, he's been praised for years for his approach to the game both on and off the ice. No problems at all with Kyle wearing the C

See Rivet, Craig

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
Girgs. He seems like a good on ice influence for the younger guys. High motor, No fear, Lunch pail, Hard hat type of guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->