Who will be captain if eichel is traded

• Thread starter Deleted member 331730
  • Start date

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Okposo, ainec. Skinner would be a sneaky alternate one but I also believe in having a dman wear a letter to (Dahlin). Miller shouldn't get a letter imo.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
does the team have to assign letters if not I wouldn't even give an A this season

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The best captains in the history of the Sabres haven't been the most skilled guys on the team.

Throwing the C on a young, talented player is not the right move, IMO. With Okposo having two years left on his current deal, it gives the younger Sabres time to grow without having the pressure that comes with being the captain if they make Okposo the captain.

Then we can look at this question again in a couple of years.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Matt Cohen: Following an Eichel trade, how do you see the Sabres handling the vacant captaincy?
Lysowski:
My best guess is the captaincy will be vacant for one season, and Granato will challenge one of the young players – specifically Dahlin, Cozens and Mittelstadt – to earn the responsibility in 2022-23. Meanwhile, the Sabres can have three alternate captains, perhaps Okposo, Skinner and Dahlin.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So far, Adams is doing a great job. No reason to change it

giphy.gif

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Matt Cohen: Following an Eichel trade, how do you see the Sabres handling the vacant captaincy?
Lysowski:
My best guess is the captaincy will be vacant for one season, and Granato will challenge one of the young players – specifically Dahlin, Cozens and Mittelstadt – to earn the responsibility in 2022-23. Meanwhile, the Sabres can have three alternate captains, perhaps Okposo, Skinner and Dahlin.

Yeah. I can't see them naming the captain of the next 10 seasons this year. I suppose they could slap the C on a soon-departihg vet like Okposo but it seems pointless. Just have three A's. We know the drill.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Sabres mailbag: What's going on with Jack Eichel, and who could have a letter on their sweater

If Eichel is traded before training camp, what do you expect the Sabres to do with the C and A’s this season? — James W.

There shouldn’t be a captain. Except for Kyle Okposo, who is a buyout candidate after the season, no one else is ready. Stitching a C on the jersey doesn’t create a leader, so the Sabres should wait until someone leads before naming him captain. (And, no, that’s not a shot at Eichel. It’s just a general statement.)

As for the alternates, I can see Okposo and Zemgus Girgensons wearing A’s with Dahlin, Cozens and Casey Mittelstadt as possibilities.

Reactions: JesterCheese

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Yeah. I can't see them naming the captain of the next 10 seasons this year. I suppose they could slap the C on a soon-departihg vet like Okposo but it seems pointless. Just have three A's. We know the drill.

Zemgus and Okposo seem like no-brainers to wear permanent As. Then maybe rotate the 3rd A around for a bit and see if anyone really steps up when wearing it. Strange as it sounds, I could see Skinner upping his game with a letter............I know his contract is ass, but his work-ethic and on-ice effort have rarely ever been questioned.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Zemgus and Okposo seem like no-brainers to wear permanent As. Then maybe rotate the 3rd A around for a bit and see if anyone really steps up when wearing it. Strange as it sounds, I could see Skinner upping his game with a letter............I know his contract is ass, but his work-ethic and on-ice effort have rarely ever been questioned.
Didn't Ralph and Rod both have issues with him. Ralph might have been a bad coach but I'm not sure skinner is known as super coachable.

That said, when a coach respects a players strengths the player might be more willing to respond to the coach's requests. And a leadership position could help push him if he takes it seriously

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Didn't Ralph and Rod both have issues with him. Ralph might have been a bad coach but I'm not sure skinner is known as super coachable.

That said, when a coach respects a players strengths the player might be more willing to respond to the coach's requests. And a leadership position could help push him if he takes it seriously

I get the feeling that Skinner doing what coaches want is a much bigger issue than his general hustle and effort in games. It seems like he plays hard, but he's unwilling to play within a system that asks him to do things that he does not like.

That is why he was oil and water with Ralph and Rod.

Reactions: Zman5778

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

Oddly enough, Ralph was instrumental in getting Skinner and Hall to sign here.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I don't see any player that currently deserves a C or A...don't make anyone captain until one arises or you acquire one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad