cgc83

30-HELENS-AGREE
Jul 8, 2018
upload_2021-9-25_15-7-3.jpeg

Hello I am Buffalos new Captain… no F*ck You I am Buffalos new Captain

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
There won't be a new captain. It's so obvious that Cozens in his interviews is up to the part but his main focus should be being an impactful player in this league this year. I trust Donny that he recognizes this. Give Okposo an A, Girgensons an A, and then rotate the final A weekly. See who steps up.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Eventually Cozens will be the Captain and undisputed leader of this team. It may take a few years for him to wear the C but make no mistake about it, the kid shows more potential as far as being a leader than anyone since Michael Peca.

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
My dark horse candidate is Jeff Skinner. If he ever wants to be known as more than a selfish one-dimensional player this is his chance. He has the ability to carry this team if he has the desire. I hope Granato has been talking to him.

dang111

Oct 20, 2017
Maybe Pysyk could get an A? Guy willing came back to play here after all and is a vet. No clue if he’s a leader though.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Who would you bet on in a fight?

The Rag's alternates or the Sabres' alternates?

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
What it could be is, in the battle for captain between KO and Zemgus it was...neck and neck. And just to be safe, two healthy necks is what they went with.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I don't think they saw a 3rd player worthy of a letter.

They probably don't want to trade one of their alternates at the deadline, and no other player under contract past this year is worthy/ready.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Rulebook says:
Either one Captain and no more than two Alternate Captains, or no
Captain and no more than three Alternate Captains are permitted (see 6.2)

"Why pay a seamstress for three A's when two will do?"

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
It doesn't make sense to me to announce the 2 A's (deserved, no issues with either Z or Ok) and then to make the third choice TBD.

This feels like a pre-emptive announcement before the unveiling of the new Captain.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Ygo

Oct 19, 2015

This was predictable, but, why strip Eichel of the 'C' publicly? He is never playing for you again and you are not giving anyone even an interim 'C'... just perplexing public relations. Players around the league are already weighing in on how you have treated Eichel.

I guess winning cures everything but this org cannot even get out of its own way. Mind you, I think this is really small in the grand scheme of things... just another grain to the add to the tons.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I wonder if the trade going down changes things at all.

Given everything I've seen and read, I would give Okposo the C for the rest of this season and next season.

There were reports that the younger guys were hanging out at Mitts' place. If he is the social chair for the younger guys, I would give him an A.

And then re-evaluate things after Okposo's deal expires ahead of the 2023-24 season. If things go really well, maybe it's Co-Caps 2.0 with Cozens and Krebs...

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I wonder if the trade going down changes things at all.

Given everything I've seen and read, I would give Okposo the C for the rest of this season and next season.

There were reports that the younger guys were hanging out at Mitts' place. If he is the social chair for the younger guys, I would give him an A.

And then re-evaluate things after Okposo's deal expires ahead of the 2023-24 season. If things go really well, maybe it's Co-Caps 2.0 with Cozens and Krebs...
Another option would be Tuch

Reactions: MeenOlViks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad