Who will be captain if eichel is traded

• Thread starter Deleted member 331730
  • Start date

MeenOlViks

May 25, 2015
Given his injury, him being new to the team, and I don't know that he has ever really worn a letter at any level over the recent past, I'm not sure he's that guy.

:dunno:
I thought he had a letter at BC, but upon further review I think your correct. Adams had a glowing review of him yesterday mentioning his leadership abilities and intangibles. Instant thought was, Adams is thinking C...

member 334057

I thought he had a letter at BC, but upon further review I think your correct. Adams had a glowing review of him yesterday mentioning his leadership abilities and intangibles. Instant thought was, Adams is thinking C...
As much as I'd like him to be that guy, I'd hope they would see how things go in the locker room. See who is stepping up and acting like a leader, who are the young guys looking up to etc. Maybe Tuch ends up being that guy, but if he doesn't then don't force it.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Tuch is going to be the poster boy for guys who "want to be here", even more especially since he was a piece in the Eichel deal. I can see him at least getting an "A".

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I was going off of Tuch's Elite Prospects page. They are pretty good with the letters, usually.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
As much as I'd like him to be that guy, I'd hope they would see how things go in the locker room. See who is stepping up and acting like a leader, who are the young guys looking up to etc. Maybe Tuch ends up being that guy, but if he doesn't then don't force it.

Definitely put him in the mix for the captain after Okposo.

But right now is too soon for me.

Reactions: MeenOlViks

MeenOlViks

May 25, 2015
Definitely put him in the mix for the captain after Okposo.

But right now is too soon for me.
I prefer Power or Krebs to step up and take the C by unanimous decision. We're probably a few years out. I think Buffalo goes full Craig Rivet and gives Tuch the C next year. Elder statesman of the young core, local guy/poster boy as others have said.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I prefer Power or Krebs to step up and take the C by unanimous decision. We're probably a few years out. I think Buffalo goes full Craig Rivet and gives Tuch the C next year. Elder statesman of the young core, local guy/poster boy as others have said.

The last time Power wore a letter was his last Midget AAA season.

I think the Sabres need to get away from giving really young guys the C. Back in the day, Mark Messier was like 9 or 10 years into his career before he got the C, for instance.

MeenOlViks

May 25, 2015
Okposo is one Dahlin away from hitting IR. Love his game this year but I worry about him taking a C and feeling the pressure to stand up for the boys once things get chippy.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto

Full Craig Rivet would be naming Tuch captain today.

I like the plan of letting Tuch finish the season, then if the shoe fits... Great.

Z is a dark horse.

Reactions: michaelsaas

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Gus and Okie will remain co-captains next year.

Cozens right now is in Mitts territory...thrown into NHL too early. But if it starts clicking and he can handle a top-9 center adequately next year, he may be the next captain.

Unless Krebs outperforms him next season. Then Krebs.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
I’d love for Tuch to take on the C role (if he does take on that role in the room of course). Your C doesn’t need to be a talented 21 year old, and it isn’t like Tuch is old himself (25).

My real concern isn’t his personality or attitude, but his injury history. Kinda stinks if your captain is only on the ice part time.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Elder statesman?

Tuch is 25yo.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
…“Of the young core” yes I would consider him a part of the young core.

It all depends on who’s house he hangs out at: Okposo’s house or Mitts’ house.

If he hangs out at Okposo’s house, he is not a part of the young core.

I have no problem with Tuch being the captain after they let Okposo run things this year and next year if he’s the guy that shows he’s ready. I just think right now is too soon. He isn’t healthy and hasn’t played a single game for the Sabres.

MeenOlViks

May 25, 2015

I have no problem with Tuch being the captain after they let Okposo run things this year and next year if he’s the guy that shows he’s ready. I just think right now is too soon. He isn’t healthy and hasn’t played a single game for the Sabres.

You seem very argumentative this morning. Is everything ok?

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee

I think it's hard to justify giving it to Tuch, when he won't even play a minute for Buffalo until at least January 1st. He's coming off a gruesome shoulder injury. He'll have to earn his place on the team. I think the sensible thing is to make him a third "A". If you name a captain the call is either Girgensons or Okposo. Both are here at least into next season. It's hard to nominalize or give it to anyone else. I'd love to nominate a player like Asplund in the near future for a possible "A" as well.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I think it's hard to justify giving it to Tuch, when he won't even play a minute for Buffalo until at least January 1st. He's coming off a gruesome shoulder injury. He'll have to earn his place on the team. I think the sensible thing is to make him a third "A". If you name a captain the call is either Girgensons or Okposo. Both are here at least into next season. It's hard to nominalize or give it to anyone else. I'd love to nominate a player like Asplund in the near future for a possible "A" as well.
Girgs is an UFA after this season. No one has said give Tuch the C now, play out the year then evaluate the situation but it's probably better giving the 25yo the C vice a 21yo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad