Who will be captain if eichel is traded

• Thread starter Deleted member 331730
  • Start date

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
They should strip Jack of the C and give it to someone else before trading him. Just to make him squirm a little.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
images

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Has anyone on the team won a cup? If not, sign anyone that has and give it to him.

A vet like Okposo or Girgenosns is fine, but if the whole idea is we're starting over maybe an outside hire sends a better message?

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Has anyone on the team won a cup? If not, sign anyone that has and give it to him.

A vet like Okposo or Girgenosns is fine, but if the whole idea is we're starting over maybe an outside hire sends a better message?

I think it’s particularly rare and difficult for an outside player to come in and immediately fulfill that role in an effective, meaningful way.

And on these boards it’s an extra frustrating discussion to have, when so many think that players over 25 are worthless. You’d think after watching players like Kane and Risto—great physical athletes with rocks for brains—fail to really succeed on that alone, some would start to recognize the other important qualities in hockey players such as intelligence and experience.

So anyway, to your point, if the organization could acquire an outside veteran to come be a leader, it’s going to be tricky. But it would be a worthwhile pursuit.

Reactions: brian_griffin

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
Who does jack dis like the most? Have a public ceremony where jack hands him the C

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018

In his current form when you look at interviews and other media pieces. I'm talking personality wise, certainly not playstyle. He's still new to NA and very young so I'm sure he'll grow into a stronger role on that front in the future but doesn't initially strike me as that guy. If he does I would expect it to be a more 'follow my lead' over vocal inspiration. All subjective speculation of course since nobody here is in the room, but then again that's what this thread is all about anyways, I guess.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya

No cup winners but we've got Stanley Cup finalist Cody Eakin

Reactions: Husko

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
If Dahlin signs for 8 years give it to him. If not give it to Okposo or Girgensons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->