Where would kadri fit in your prospect pool?

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Overrated in what way? If anything, this thread proves he's underrated. It doesn't really matter what anyone on HFBoards says, because 40% of the posters have some irrational vendetta against the Leafs organization and are unwilling to accept that they have a good player and/or prospect. Most Leafs fans have said they will be happy if he becomes a 70 point player. That being said, he has put up better stats than most of the players mentioned in this thread and he's a top-10 pick (which does matter).

can of worms: opened.

yes, top 10 picks "matter"

Trunz05

Dec 2, 2010
Still have to get to the playoffs for things to matter. I worry that they're pushing him too far too soon. He really needs to build some confidence in the A. Kind of like Bobby Ryans situation.

They aren't pushing him too far too soon, he's too good for the O this year you have to see that. However he's not yet good enough to be playing full time in the NHL that's why he's in the ahl honing his skills, particularily defense, and building confidence so next season he can make the team.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
What does the Leafs making a playoff run have to do with Kadri's playoff performance in the OHL last season?

That he needs to establish himself a bit more consistently during the regular season, the same knock I have against Panik?

Both kids have moments where they can look like world beaters. While Kadri doesn't have Paniks speed, he is much more creative with the puck especially at low speed, and he really needs to work on being creative again and understanding his size. His defensive game has improved quite a bit but would you think he needs to play in Toronto next year, or the AHL another year?

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
They aren't pushing him too far too soon, he's too good for the O this year you have to see that. However he's not yet good enough to be playing full time in the NHL that's why he's in the ahl honing his skills, particularily defense, and building confidence so next season he can make the team.

Which is what i'm saying, and from the looks of it he could even use one more year to be on the safe side as Toronto doesn't have a big center to keep the spotlight and pressure off him.

rangersfan111

May 6, 2010
hed be #1 on:
Islanders
Penguins
Rangers
Senators
Thrashers
Sabres
Flames
Blackhawks
Flyers
Stars
Sharks
Canadiens
Predators
Devils

#2 on:
Coyotes (OEL)
Red Wings (smith)
Avalanche (Shattenkirk)
Bruins (Seguin)
Ducks (excluding Fowler)
Hurricanes (Skinner)
Blue Jackets (Filatov)
Panthers (Gudbranson)
Wild (Granlund)
Canucks (Hodgson)
Blues (Pietrangelo)
Lightning (Connolly)

#3 on:
Capitals (Kuznetsov, and Carlson)
Kings (Schenn, Bernier)

#4 on:
Oilers

alexthekidd

Nov 18, 2008
London
Disagree that he'd be a clear cut #1 on Washington, despite the graduations of Carlson, Alzner, Varlamov and Neuvirth.

Washington's top two prospects are currently Marcus Johansson and Evgeny Kuznetsov. I have a hard time ranking him over either of those guys. Kuznetsov is currently one of the top prospects in the sport and Johansson has proven himself to be an effective 2-way presence for Washington. Kadri probably has a higher offensive ceiling that Johansson however.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hard to tell. Probably shared third for the Avs with Hishon.

1. Shattenkirk
2. Elliot
3-4 Hishon and Kadri
5. Barrie

It's so hard to tell with forwards that really need to bulk up. Until they do you just don't know how they will be able to handle the NHL game. It's possible that both Hishon and Kadri are above Elliot too. He too needs to bulk up a bit.

In the end, it's just wild speculation.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Nigel Cadbury? #1.

Glad to have him in the system. Needs to get stronger though. Wouldn't surprise me to see him spend another year in the AHL next year. This summer is pretty big for him.

alexthekidd

Nov 18, 2008
London
hed be #1 on:
Islanders
Penguins
Rangers
Senators
Thrashers
Sabres
Flames
Blackhawks
Flyers
Stars
Sharks
Canadiens
Predators
Devils

#2 on:
Coyotes (OEL)
Red Wings (Smith)
Avalanche (Shattenkirk)
Bruins (Seguin)
Ducks (excluding Fowler)
Hurricanes (Skinner)
Blue Jackets (Filatov)
Panthers (Gudbranson)
Wild (Granlund)
Canucks (Hodgson)
Blues (Pietrangelo)
Lightning (Connolly)

#3 on:
Kings (Schenn, Bernier)

#4 on:
Oilers

I think a number of teams will have issue with your list. I bolded the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Italicised others who Kadri gives a run for their money.

Carlson's technically no longer a prospect, but he's arguably still #2/#3 on Washington depending if you prefer Marcus Johansson or Kadri.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Nigel Cadbury? #1.

Glad to have him in the system. Needs to get stronger though. Wouldn't surprise me to see him spend another year in the AHL next year. This summer is pretty big for him.

hehehe, that caller deserves to feel like an idiot for the rest of his life. What a maroon! :facepalm: :laugh: (leaf fans know what I'm talking about)

Trunz05

Dec 2, 2010
hed be #1 on:
Islanders
Penguins
Rangers
Senators
Thrashers
Sabres
Flames
Blackhawks
Flyers
Stars
Sharks
Canadiens
Predators
Devils

#2 on:
Coyotes (OEL)
Red Wings (smith)
Avalanche (Shattenkirk)
Bruins (Seguin)
Ducks (excluding Fowler)
Hurricanes (Skinner)
Blue Jackets (Filatov)
Panthers (Gudbranson)
Wild (Granlund)
Canucks (Hodgson)
Blues (Pietrangelo)
Lightning (Connolly)

#3 on:
Kings (Schenn, Bernier)

#4 on:
Oilers

With the senators it comes down to personal opionion between cowen/rundblad vs kadri
on the isles he 2 under just nino and only barely
on the preds he's 3 or tied for 2 ( I'm excluding Wilson)
in my opinion kadri>hodgson but that's only an opinion
and on the oil hall is clear cut #1 but I don't like MPS ( never did ) and I think he could definetely battle eberle for #2
keep in mind this is just my opinion

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
LA has:

Schenn
Voynov
Loktionov(starting to make a name for himself in the NHL)
Forbort
Moller
Toffoli
Kozun
and more

Hard to say with Kadri, to me he his Riberio v 2.0

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
#2 on:
Coyotes (OEL)
Red Wings (smith)
Avalanche (Shattenkirk)
Bruins (Seguin)
Ducks (excluding Fowler)
Hurricanes (Skinner)
Blue Jackets (Filatov)
Panthers (Gudbranson)
Wild (Granlund)
Canucks (Hodgson)
Blues (Pietrangelo)
Lightning (Connolly)

#3 on the Avs.

Hishon > Kadri

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I'd rather not get into a debate with you over it, because Kadri is better than every prospect on your team except for Connolly, and it's not a debate in my mind. He and Kadri are around equal in my eyes. Comparing Kadri to Panik and Ashton is like comparing D'Amigo and McKegg to Connolly.

So it is fine to say Connolly is better than Kadri, but saying Marincin is better than him isn't allowed?

Marincin is having a much better year than Connolly... infact as a defenceman the kid has only six less points than Connolly in only a couple more games. I mean, I know it is only one year, but the upside on Marincin is incredible.

rangersfan111

May 6, 2010
I think a number of teams will have issue with your list. I bolded the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Italicised others who Kadri gives a run for their money.

Carlson's technically no longer a prospect, but he's arguably still #2/#3 on Washington depending if you prefer Marcus Johansson or Kadri.

no way johansson is better then kadri ... blum is good but i would rather have kadri... alot of teams don't need a goalie (like the rangers ) so i would rather have kadri over campbell...everyone is going to have issues with my list because everyone overrates their prospects... im a rangers fan and i will be bashed because i said kadri is better then kreider ... fact is kadri is a stud and was taken 7th overall for a reason ... niederrieter is good dont get me wrong i just think kadri is much more skilled and better defensively

Joseppi

Oct 12, 2008
Kepler-22b
So it is fine to say Connolly is better than Kadri, but saying Marincin is better than him isn't allowed?

Marincin is having a much better year than Connolly... infact as a defenceman the kid has only six less points than Connolly in only a couple more games.

They were drafted 40 picks apart. Didn't you know that was the only determining factor?

Must have missed the memo :sarcasm:

Trunz05

Dec 2, 2010
don't feel like editing scratch the isles part of my last post I take kadri over niño

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
don't feel like editing scratch the isles part of my last post I take kadri over niño

I think Kadri, realizing all his potential, will be a much more offensively dynamic player while Nino can be a 25ish goal guy... imagine a more nimble Ryan Malone or Ryan Clowe.

Kadri does something a lot of guys don't do too well that I think a lot of people don't realize. Everyone focuses on a guy making plays at high speed and that is fantastic and all, but Kadri can slow the game down a bit around him, complete these plays at a slower than top speed and do it with a control that most guys will never realize. That is his biggest asset and I hope he holds onto it.

alexthekidd

Nov 18, 2008
London
no way johansson is better then kadri ... blum is good but i would rather have kadri... alot of teams don't need a goalie (like the rangers ) so i would rather have kadri over campbell...everyone is going to have issues with my list because everyone overrates their prospects... im a rangers fan and i will be bashed because i said kadri is better then kreider ... fact is kadri is a stud and was taken 7th overall for a reason ... niederrieter is good dont get me wrong i just think kadri is much more skilled and better defensively

Disagree with that, especially if you're considering team needs as you are.

KristoLeblanc*

On potential alone.

He would be Habs 1st prospect.

When considering everything, I think its close with Leblanc. Kadri is better offensively for sure tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad