Where would kadri fit in your prospect pool?

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
He's clearly better than Marincin and Pitlick, both should not be ranked 8.0C.

Probably better than Petry and I'd rank him above MPS. So that would mean he's 3rd (if Hall and Eberle are still prospects)

I'd like to point out that both Pitlick and Marincin have dominated the Dub this year. Marincin is only six points behind Brett Connoly as a HUGE 6'4 defenceman, and Pitlick is a kid with a scary release who is playing really well with the Medicine Hat Tigers.

Just saying, I don't particularily disagree with the ranking for either of them. I feel like you've never seen either of them play, they are both physical impact players.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I'd like to point out that both Pitlick and Marincin have dominated the Dub this year. Marincin is only six points behind Brett Connoly as a HUGE 6'4 defenceman, and Pitlick is a kid with a scary release who is playing really well with the Medicine Hat Tigers.

Just saying, I don't particularily disagree with the ranking for either of them. I feel like you've never seen either of them play, they are both physical impact players.

Kadri is about PPG right now in the AHL though, which is a pretty big accomplishment for a 20 year old. I can understand Marincin being about 1 place behind him, but Pitlick? Not even close.

Kadri is very underrated around these boards. 27 points in 28 games in the AHL? He's only 20..

RedwingsnCudi13

Aug 25, 2010
Either 2nd or 3rd for the Wings

1- Smith
2-Tatar/Kadri
3-Tatar/Kadri
4-Mursak/Jarnkrok/Pulkinnen/Nyquist
etc.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Kadri is about PPG right now in the AHL though, which is a pretty big accomplishment for a 20 year old. I can understand Marincin being about 1 place behind him, but Pitlick? Not even close.

Kadri is very underrated around these boards. 27 points in 28 games in the AHL? He's only 20..

8.0c only specifies him as a first line player on your average NHL hockey club. I'd argue there are two types of top line players: Point scorers and physical guys than can carry offensive hockey at an above average rate.

Even though Kadri shows an off and on gritty game, I'd say he is more in the point scorer's category with guys like Hemsky, Cammaleri, Kessel, Eriksson, Sellanne. Pitlick on the otherhand fits into the latter category. He has a good offensive mind, and can get his shot off quickly, but I think he excels best when he is physically into the game.... I'd say he is more of a Kunitz, Ladd, Franzen kind of guy.

Will Pitlick be a PPG guy? I doubt it... But can he score ~60 while bringing a consistent physical presence? I don't think it is much of a stretch.

JSilvius*

Well he's better/more valuable than all of the names listed in this thread save 4 or 5, so I assume he would be a number 1 prospect on a lot of teams.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Curious to know as to how many people in this thread have actually watched Kadri play in the minors as oppose to watching 20 sec YouTube snippets every once in a while?

My guess is that most people here fall in the latter.

bobbyflex

Feb 26, 2010
Toronto, ON
this thread = no respect for kadri

Chris Tanev? Come on.

Marincin, Pitlick? BS

I can agree with possibly Rundblad and Nino, but some of these other names should'nt even be uttered in the same sentence as Kadri.

what did you expect with this thread? this is HF, where all the leaf-haters come out to play

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
If Hall, Eberle and Paajarvi count he's 4th.
If not, he's 1st with Omark, Petry, Marinincin and Pitlick behind him.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
Curious to know as to how many people in this thread have actually watched Kadri play in the minors as oppose to watching 20 sec YouTube snippets every once in a while?

My guess is that most people here fall in the latter.

I'm guessing you have... Although it's pointless unless you've watched every prospect talked about in this thread as well.

rigger

Aug 18, 2004
Jessica Alba's Dream
I don't think he'll be any more than a average second line player, just my opinion but I've never been a fan of his.

Having said that, 4 on Edm, maybe 5. (Including Hall, Pajaarvi, Eberle)

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
and this is the guy voted most overrated prospect?

just below a PPG AHL rookie at the age of 20, with huge offensive upside who is praised by his coach for his worth ethic is rated 5-6th on some lists?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Pitlick, barely above a PPG, isn't dominating the WHL. Marincin is having an awsome year but compare him to Patrick Wiercioch who is the same size and had a PPG in the NCAA (much harder to do than in the WHL) who is rated 7.5C. His stats the year after were worse but still great as he was playing injured. Both are 7.5Cs at best. The Oilers list is terribly done.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Pitlick, barely above a PPG, isn't dominating the WHL. Marincin is having an awsome year but compare him to Patrick Wiercioch who is the same size and had a PPG in the NCAA (much harder to do than in the WHL) who is rated 7.5C. His stats the year after were worse but still great as he was playing injured. Both are 7.5Cs at best. The Oilers list is terribly done.

So no... you havn't seen either guy play.

Vladimir Tarasenko*

lol @ people saying tanev, marincin, pitlick, etc. etc. :facepalm:

this is the most overrated prospects folks, voted by HF....

??

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
lol @ people saying tanev, marincin, pitlick, etc. etc. :facepalm:

this is the most overrated prospects folks, voted by HF....

??

Great reading comprehension. I never said that they are/were ahead of Kadri, I said Kadri would be fighting with them for the #4 spot on the Oilers depth chart behind Hall, Eberle, and Paajarvi.

:shakehead

Vladimir Tarasenko*

Great reading comprehension. I never said that they are/were ahead of Kadri, I said Kadri would be fighting with them for the #4 spot on the Oilers depth chart behind Hall, Eberle, and Paajarvi.

:shakehead

No, he wouldn't be "fighting" with them. He is well ahead of them. And I bet you 30 of 30 NHL GM's would take Kadri over most of these guys being mentioned in this thread:help:

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
I'm guessing you have... Although it's pointless unless you've watched every prospect talked about in this thread as well.

I probably have seen more of Kadri this season than any non-Leaf fan here, but I also don't make dumb threads where I talk about a player that I'm hardly familiar with, pass it off as an honest assessment and then compare the above player's game to my favorite prospect.

It seems that this is the general theme of this thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad