Where would kadri fit in your prospect pool?

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Wow, a lot of people up in arms over this.

It is clear to me now that Kadri is anything but overrated on these boards.

Kudos to people who actually put thought into it though.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
This is just disgusting. I can't believe the way people dislike this kid.

Lol, nice username :sarasm: i agree to an extent. I met Nazem and kid has talent.

I'd say, having checked the team pages on HF, he'd be #1 on Calgary, Minnesota, Vancouver, San Jose, Buffalo, Ottawa, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Washington.

On most other teams he'd be 2-3. The one team he'd be 4-5 on? Nashville.

Disagree.

Rundblad+Cowen+Lehner over him.

Lehner is the real deal. Hes played amazing for Ottawa.

bzer

Jan 31, 2009
Disagree with that, especially if you're considering team needs as you are.

As a Leafs fan, I agree with this.

Just by looking at the WJC performance, Johansen has the upper hand on Kadri. Gives Johansen another 2 years and the difference may be clearer.

Trunz05

Dec 2, 2010
Lol, nice username :sarasm: i agree to an extent. I met Nazem and kid has talent.

Disagree.

Rundblad+Cowen+Lehner over him.

Lehner is the real deal. Hes played amazing for Ottawa.

When it cones to the sens it's simply opinion rundblad/cowen vs kadri
however if you put lehner over kadri I put Reimer over all of them

NeilYoung

May 7, 2009
I hate Kadri but...
Atlanta-Burmistrov and him are close so 1 or 2
Anaheim- 1 if Fowler counts two
Boston- first-Colbournes close though
Buffalo Kadri 1
Calgary Kadri 1 or maybe Erixon
Carolina- Skinner then Kadri
Chicago Kadri 1
Colorado Shatty Kadri third or second
Columbus Johansson Moore maybe Filatov
Dallas Kadri 1
Detroit Kadri or Smith
Edmonton behind Hall Eberle Paajarvi
Florida- Gudbranson thne Kadri
kings Right after Schenn
Minny Kadri first
Montreal Subban, Kadri Leblanks close
Nashville Ellis then Kadri
New Jersey Kadri first
NYI- After nino
Rangers kreider and him are close
Ottawa Rundblad then Kadri
Philly Kadri First
phoenix OEL then Kadri Gormleys close
pittsburgh First
san jose First Couture first if he counts
stlouis- After Tarasenko Pietro Schwartz
Tampa- Kadri first
Vancouver -Hodgson Schroeder Kadri all close
Washington- After Kuznetsov and Carlson Johanssons a toss up

I dislike Kadri as much as most on here but how much hes getting underrated in this thread is unbelievable some of the prospects being tossed ahead of him here is just mind boggling

Trunz05

Dec 2, 2010
I hate Kadri but...
Buffalo Kadri 1
Chicago Kadri 1
Dallas Kadri 1
Detroit Kadri or Smith
kings Right after Schenn
Minny Kadri first
New Jersey Kadri first
NYI- After nino
Philly Kadri First
pittsburgh First
Tampa- Kadri first

I dislike Kadri as much as most on here but how much hes getting underrated in this thread is unbelievable some of the prospects being tossed ahead of him here is just mind boggling

Pretty good list the only change I make is Blum and Josi over Kadri but Kadri over Ellis. Just don't think Ellis will cut in the big league, but he's in the best possible organization for developing dmen sooooooo.....

Going5Hole

Sep 11, 2008
I would NEVER trade Schenn, Bernier, Loktionov straight up for Kadri... so he is at least 4th in ours. After that, there can be discussions, because I would hesitate to trade him for Jones/Forbort/Clifford.

I hate Kadri but...
Buffalo Kadri 1
Chicago Kadri 1
Dallas Kadri 1
Detroit Kadri or Smith
kings Right after Schenn
Minny Kadri first
New Jersey Kadri first
NYI- After nino
Philly Kadri First
pittsburgh First
Tampa- Kadri first

Last edited:

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
lol @ people saying tanev, marincin, pitlick, etc. etc. :facepalm:

this is the most overrated prospects folks, voted by HF....

??

I don't know about the rest of the guys, but I will say Tanev's stock has greatly risen this year amongst Canuck fans. He got the call up to the NHL as a depth defender, and he's really looked great so far, he reminds me of a younger Alex Edler. Now with all the injuries in our top 4, he's playing top 4 minutes and hasn't skipped a beat.

Personally, I don't know what his ceiling is. But he seems very sound positionally, calm with the puck, and has an excellent break-out pass. For a young defender, those are exceptional qualities.

Hodgson
Schroeder
Tanev
Rodin
Shirokov

Kadri would fit in right around Tanev, either above or below, given how he's been playing in the NHL as of late.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Travis Hamonic is arguably the number 1 prospect for the Islanders. Kadri would be 3, behind Nino or Hamonic whichever one you decide to slot 1st.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Great reading comprehension. I never said that they are/were ahead of Kadri, I said Kadri would be fighting with them for the #4 spot on the Oilers depth chart behind Hall, Eberle, and Paajarvi.

:shakehead

You're way off on this imo.... I see Kadri as the clear #4 behind the big 3. He's scoring at a ppg clip in the AHL while Pitlick and Marincin are playing well in junior and they don't have the pedigree that KAdri has so i'll reserve judgment on them until they prove more. I put him above Petry too as far as his high end potential is concerned.

However, i do have a feeling that if Marincin keeps developing at the pace that he is that he could surpass Kadri over the next couple of years but not at the moment.
Kadri is becoming underrated on these boards.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I dont know...
I just watched him the last couple of nights and he didnt really impress me
has has decent speed and decent hands but is super soft
a stiff breeze knocks him over... he needs to build up strength big time if he wants to make it and stay in the NHL
he is getting mad handled in the AHL

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I always thought Toronto fans were delusional but I think Canuck fans take the cake

Some facts

Kadri is nearly a ppg player in the AHL right now

Both Hodgson and Schroeder are no where near that pace. Thus making Kadri superior to his peer in Schroeder and being 1 year younger then Hodgson.

But in Nuck land they rate higher then Kadri? HOW.
I haven't read much of this thread but I find it hard to believe they would rank Kadri behind either of them.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I don't get how people think that Kadri wouldn't be a #1 prospect on most teams. Isn't he ranked in the top 15 prospects in hockey? How is it that he'd be so far back on every team? Does every team have a group of top 15 prospects?

Weird that he's so "overrated", seems like he's underrated to me.

NeverGoingToWin

Jul 24, 2004
I have huge doubts about Kadri. He is weak and not fast enough in my opinion to be a top line player in the NHL. I hope I am wrong though and he plays better after he gets his first goal in the NHL.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
I find it hard to believe cowen is better than kadri, last 2 wjc cowen plays he is just like komisarek, so scared about turnovers and bad plays. He is just awful imo. Kadri was a top 6 forward with the team playing with Hall and I remember correctly cowen was barley playing

kitchen44

Mar 27, 2010
I'd say, having checked the team pages on HF, he'd be #1 on Calgary, Minnesota, Vancouver, San Jose, Buffalo, Ottawa, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Washington.

On most other teams he'd be 2-3. The one team he'd be 4-5 on? Nashville.

:help: and what about the oilers? are you trying to say that he is better then ebs and mps :laugh: ? he is no were close to them I personly would possibly have him 5 just because of the bust factor on him and the fact that I dont think he will pan out.

I dont understand how people can say that he is better than chl prospects because he is in the ahl and then say that he is better than guys like mps, who are doing just as well in the nhl.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I find it hard to believe cowen is better than kadri, last 2 wjc cowen plays he is just like komisarek, so scared about turnovers and bad plays. He is just awful imo. Kadri was a top 6 forward with the team playing with Hall and I remember correctly cowen was barley playing

Cowen was 18 and playing while rehabbing from knee surgery, Kadri was 19.

I like Kadri's prospect as a 1B type center...but only if he's willing to work relentlessly on improving his quickness and strength. I'm not convinced of his character at all. I project him to be a 2nd line center.

I'd put him anywhere from 2 or 3 on Ottawa's list. Rundblad's 20 6'2 200 and trailing only 2 teammates in SEL scoring right now, he's not a sure thing, but I'd put him ahead of Kadri.Skelleftea's coach and our head scout think Rundblad should be in the NHL right now. Cowen = Kadri as far as prospect goes...Cowen's WHL season has been impressive though, and his production continues to improve.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
:help: and what about the oilers? are you trying to say that he is better then ebs and mps :laugh: ? he is no were close to them I personly would possibly have him 5 just because of the bust factor on him and the fact that I dont think he will pan out.

I dont understand how people can say that he is better than chl prospects because he is in the ahl and then say that he is better than guys like mps, who are doing just as well in the nhl.

Kadri's close to MPS. Not close to Eberle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad