Where would kadri fit in your prospect pool?

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Fighting for #4 with Petry, Marincin, and Pitlick... according to HF. All four are rated at 8.0C.

Manny*

Senators:

He'd be our best forward prospect. Overall, though, I would put Cowen and Rundblad ahead of him and Lehner just behind him. Third best.

Not sure what other Sens fans would say, but that's just my opinion based on what I've seen from him.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
If we still count Subban as a rookie, he'd be second - maybe tied with Eller, but don't think so) imo for the Habs. Without Subban (And Eller), he'd be first. Some could make an argument for Leblanc, but I don't think Leblanc as a upside as high as Kadri.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
#3 likely. #1 forward prospect though.
(sens)

edit: apparently i agree with manny.

Vladimir Tarasenko*

I have a hard time believing Cowen is better then Kadri.

Even Ottawa's GM would prefer Kadri

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Sens fan here. Kadri for me seems to be a Boom/Bust prospect. If he can make the necessary adjustments then he is a first line player... but...

Cowen is going to be in the NHL, maybe as a top pairing Dman like Phillips, but maybe just a top 4 guy. Rundblad is a defensive version of Kadri, big upside, but potential to bust, except I think he can still contribute in the bottom pairing ala Bergeron.

Since I can't really make a better comment than that, they are all very close, and I like them all.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Prolly 2nd behind Nino (as far as forwards go). That said, I wouldn't give up anything good for him.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I liked Cowen ALOT pre-draft. And i dont think its just my leaf goggles (hating the sens) But he really hasn't impressed me. Prior to the draft i was hoping for Cowen and drooling over the possibility of Schenn-Cowen future. Not that Kadri has completely impressed us all either, but he is above Cowen. IMO Lehner (great future ahead for this kid) is Ottawas top prospect, who should be battling Nazem for the 'top prospect' honors.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Somewhere around Joe Colborne. If Seguin doesn't count, that makes him 1 or 2. If Seguin does count, then 2 or 3.

Actually without hijacking the thread... wonder if people would rate him ahead of or behind Colborne. I'd say Kadri has the slight edge as of now, but potential-wise, I think it's pretty close and could go either way.

rick3652

Aug 18, 2009
Toronto
I liked Cowen ALOT pre-draft. And i dont think its just my leaf goggles (hating the sens) But he really hasn't impressed me. Prior to the draft i was hoping for Cowen and drooling over the possibility of Schenn-Cowen future. Not that Kadri has completely impressed us all either, but he is above Cowen. IMO Lehner (great future ahead for this kid) is Ottawas top prospect, who should be battling Nazem for the 'top prospect' honors.

last on all teams until he learns to pass and to play in all 3 zones.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
last on all teams until he learns to pass and to play in all 3 zones.

awww alright.

itrolls.jpg

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Somewhere around Joe Colborne. If Seguin doesn't count, that makes him 1 or 2. If Seguin does count, then 2 or 3.

Actually without hijacking the thread... wonder if people would rate him ahead of or behind Colborne. I'd say Kadri has the slight edge as of now, but potential-wise, I think it's pretty close and could go either way.

Yeah I think either is fine. They're both really close.

irishtemper

Jun 9, 2008
More than likely the best forward prospect right ahead of Mursak/Jarnkrok/Pulkkinen but behind Brendan Smith

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Fighting for #4 with Petry, Marincin, and Pitlick... according to HF. All four are rated at 8.0C.

He's clearly better than Marincin and Pitlick, both should not be ranked 8.0C.

Probably better than Petry and I'd rank him above MPS. So that would mean he's 3rd (if Hall and Eberle are still prospects)

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Prolly 2nd behind Nino (as far as forwards go). That said, I wouldn't give up anything good for him.

He would be behind Nino for sure, and there is not a chance I would trade Hamonic for him either, so that puts him at #3. He would probably be ahead of DeHann and Poulin, but both of them fill needs much more than Kadri would.

mcphllp

Dion @ 6.5=Discount
Dec 27, 2008
this thread = no respect for kadri

Chris Tanev? Come on.

Marincin, Pitlick? BS

I can agree with possibly Rundblad and Nino, but some of these other names should'nt even be uttered in the same sentence as Kadri.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->