Where would kadri fit in your prospect pool?

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Kind of hard to compare a forward and goaltender.

Markstrom struggled at first in the AHL. Mix of different game style, and a godawful defense made his adjustment to NA ice longer than expected. His play improved a lot after the first month or two in the AHL. His overall GAA and Save percentage will be ok, but the nice thing is that he showed improvement as the season went on.

Kadri has played very well in the AHL this year and IMO it comes down to team preference and a flip of a coin to say who is better between the two.

forty47seven

May 2, 2009
Behind the big three we have Omark (was over ppg in the Ahl) and is playing better in the NHL than Kadri did. People overrate how important where they got drafted is.

People need an education on Marincin he is an amazing prospect! He made a huge leap this year.

I'm not going to pretend like I know a lot about Kadri, but I do know that Leafs fans criminally over rate there players. Going by stats alone Kadri = Omark.

Omark is 4 years older than Kadri... :help:

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
lol @ Oilers fans putting Kadri at #3 or 4 on their prospect list, get real.

at worst he'd be #2, the guy has potential to be a very very good 2nd line centre in the NHL. Matter of fact I think I'd prefer Kadri at 21 years of age as the Oilers 2nd line centre over a diminutive 24 year old Sam Gagner. I think Kadri will offer more, I like his size and his feistiness better.

And technically (I think anyways) Hall and Eberle are still considered prospects but I wouldn't even count them. So on the Oilers list I'd have Kadri like this:

Petry/Kadri
Lander
Marincin

the rest

Akonite

Mar 9, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta

at worst he'd be #2, the guy has potential to be a very very good 2nd line centre in the NHL. Matter of fact I think I'd prefer Kadri at 21 years of age as the Oilers 2nd line centre over a diminutive 24 year old Sam Gagner. I think Kadri will offer more, I like his size and his feistiness better.

And technically (I think anyways) Hall and Eberle are still considered prospects but I wouldn't even count them. So on the Oilers list I'd have Kadri like this:

Petry/Kadri
Lander
Marincin

the rest

If you don't count Hall, Eberle, and Paajarvi yes he'd probably be our best prospect. I'll count the trio as prospects until the season ends personally though.

For the record, Kadri is 3 cm taller than Gagner. They USE their size differently, but size itself does not set them apart.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
He's tied for 1,2, and 3.

Has to battle it out with Tarasenko and Schwartz. I say he's #2 after Tarasenko. Schwartz has a REALLY good chance of being a 70 point guy along side VT, but likely won't make it that far.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Hall
Eberle
Paajarvi
Kadri
Marincin

The "Big Three" are still considered prospects according to HF but if they don't then Kadri would be our best prospect but Marincin isn't very far behind.

zackisonfire

I would put him as Detroit's second best prospect behind Brendan Smith for a few of reasons. With that being said, there would be an enormous gap between him and the next prospect in Detroit's system.

victor

Sep 6, 2003
Against 7th overall picks:
Jeff Skinner C
Nazem Kadri C
Colin Wilson C
Jakub Voracek R
Kyle Okposo R
Jack Skille R
Rostislav Olesz C
Ryan Suter D
Joffrey Lupul F
Mike Komisarek D
Lars Jonsson D
Kris Beech C
Manny Malhotra C
Paul Mara D
Erik Rasmussen C

Personally, this list should be a wakeup call. Kadri's following in a long line of 7th overall draft picks. Skinners likely the best of the list. Who's second?

Akonite

Mar 9, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Jeff Skinner C
Nazem Kadri C
Colin Wilson C
Jakub Voracek R
Kyle Okposo R
Jack Skille R
Rostislav Olesz C
Ryan Suter D
Joffrey Lupul F
Mike Komisarek D
Lars Jonsson D
Kris Beech C
Manny Malhotra C
Paul Mara D
Erik Rasmussen C

Personally, this list should be a wakeup call. Kadri's following in a long line of 7th overall draft picks. Skinners likely the best of the list. Who's second?

Ryan Suter is the best on that list IMO.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
First.

Pacioretty, Eller and Subban aren't rookies anymore. ( rookie season, but I don't consider them prospects anymore)

Leblanc, Avitsin, Tinordi, etc aren't better than he is.
I'd go with the Habs' draft day list; Leblanc still a shade ahead of Kadri. Obviously Kadri has the edge in pure skill and flash. But I like Leblanc's chances of adjusting to a pro game better. I think it's fair game for one to trade off that vs. offensive upside and go with either one of them. Particularly given that Leblanc doesn't really have the build to make the most of his pro style of play.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Jeff Skinner C
Nazem Kadri C
Colin Wilson C
Jakub Voracek R
Kyle Okposo R
Jack Skille R
Rostislav Olesz C
Ryan Suter D
Joffrey Lupul F
Mike Komisarek D
Lars Jonsson D
Kris Beech C
Manny Malhotra C
Paul Mara D
Erik Rasmussen C

Suter
Skinner
Okposo
Wilson
Voracek

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
If Toronto had left him in the minors, he could be very good, he does need some seasoning.. he seems to look intimidated by the players he plays against, shy's away from contact. makes him a hard sell. I want him to do good, byt the pressure of playing in Toronto might get to him.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
this thread = no respect for kadri

Chris Tanev? Come on.

Marincin, Pitlick? BS

I can agree with possibly Rundblad and Nino, but some of these other names should'nt even be uttered in the same sentence as Kadri.

Feelings are not facts. Desjardins nhl equivelent curve is based on junior move to NHL performance.

Kadri numbers this year fit the curve. he was 1.66 ppg @19 in the CHL. That suggests he is a 55-60P player at age 23.

Edmonton prospects: in the brackets says wether Kadri is a better prospect.

1. Hall 1.85PPG @ 18 (no) projects to ppg @ 23
2. Eberle 1.85 @ 19 (no) 65-70p @ 23
3. MPS .5 ppg @ 18 in SEL (no) 65-70p @23
4. Marincin 6'4" 1 of 3 18yr ppg 6'+ Dman in the CHL (no) 45P dman
5. Petry 6'3' our most complete d prospect (no)
6. Pitlik 6'2" 1.25 ppg @19 (yes)
7. Hamilton 6'3" 1.45 ppg @ 19 two way winger 50-55p (no)
8. Dubnyk 6'6" .911 save% goalie with half games being .920 Save % (no)
9. Omark 5'10" ppg in SEL u22; 20G at 22 in KHL. Rare results 45-60p(yes)
10. Plante (yes)
11. Lander 6'0" .55ppgSEL @19 50-55p two way center pk (no)
12. Martindale 6' 3" 1.45ppg CHL @19 two way C 50-55P (yes)
13. Roy (yes)
14 Hartikainen 6'2" .63ppg Sm-ligga @19 20g 20A (yes)
15 Blain 6'2" 1 of 3 18yr ppg 6'+ Dman in the CHL (no) 45P dman

For me the prospectlist would be:
1. Hall
2. Eberle
3. MP
4. Dubnyk
5. Petry
6. Marincin
7. Lander
8. Hamilton
9. Blain
10. Kadri
11. Omark
12. Martindale
13. Hartikainen
14. Pitlik

What is worse is we have enough smurfs so larger two way players like Martindale, Hartikainen, pitlik prpbably get i n over him due to poor two way play.

Kadri is Robbie Schremp for us.

Last edited:

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
Thanks Oilerbear this is gonna be fun.:laugh:

Give me facts boys. here is one!

Eberle in AHL 1.27ppg @19

Kadri .97ppg @20 eberle produced @ 1.3 times better than kadri.

Eberle projects at 65-70p 70P/1.3= 54p Kadris AHL numbers say 55p season.

55pts ranks you top 25 for each wing position and top 30 for center in nhl.

60 pts ranks you top 20 for wings and top25 for centers. 30 teams in league that makes you 1st line material when in the top 30.

To get a 55 to 60 point first line potential player by age 23 at the 7th pick is pretty good.

Problem is for our prospects.
Hall,
Eberle
MPS, all three better offensively,

Petry is our most complete d prospect. that ranks him ahead.

Marincin
Blain both 6'2"+ ppg Dmen @ 18; Brandon Gormely is the other. we have two potential top 15 point dmen.

Dubnyk .(20 Save % last ten last year. 920 first ten this year current .911 save% ranks top 25 in nhl. he is .5g/GM better than khabibulin.

Hamilton
Lander project to 5 pt/season less but far superior two way games.

In fact I would expect a line of Hamilton-Lander-Martindale on the team 2 years from now.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
If Hall/MPS/Eberle still count as prospects than Kadri would be 4th. If not, than he'd be 1st. He'd be the only prospect (other than the big three) who has such a high offensive potential.

The Oilers have a bunch of good depth afterwards but mostly 2nd/3rd line guys.

I think Kadri has the potential to be the top liner. I don't see that out of Pitlick/Hamilton/Omark ect.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004

Petry/Kadri
Lander
Marincin

the rest

Gagner is 21, not 24. It's a one year difference.
Listing Petry above Marincin? Strongly disagree.

Having said that, I'd love it if the Oilers traded Petry, Lander, or Pitlick for Kadri. Marincin I'd have to think about.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Those who put Kadri higher than Minnesota's Granlund are insane. If they were both 20 it would be close, but Granlund is two years younger and scoring at the same pace in a better league than Kadri, it really isn't even close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad