Where would kadri fit in your prospect pool?

Zrinski

Oct 10, 2010
:help: and what about the oilers? are you trying to say that he is better then ebs and mps :laugh: ? he is no were close to them I personly would possibly have him 5 just because of the bust factor on him and the fact that I dont think he will pan out.

I dont understand how people can say that he is better than chl prospects because he is in the ahl and then say that he is better than guys like mps, who are doing just as well in the nhl.

Obviously Kadri is no Eberle. Read the last several posts regarding Edmonton, people aren't counting Eberle/Hall/MPS as prospects because they're in the NHL.

GotKush*

I always thought Toronto fans were delusional but I think Canuck fans take the cake

Some facts

Kadri is nearly a ppg player in the AHL right now

Both Hodgson and Schroeder are no where near that pace. Thus making Kadri superior to his peer in Schroeder and being 1 year younger then Hodgson.

But in Nuck land they rate higher then Kadri? HOW.

He would most definatly be number 3 on the Canucks depth chart. No doubt in my mind that he would be ahead of Shroeder, but there is more to hockey then just stats. Hodgson was coming off pretty much a lost year in development, and sustained a flukey but serious injury during the season. He played great when he got his legs and he played great for the Canucks when they called him up.

I think if you ask any Canuck fan or anyone who's watched their past 15 games it would be pretty easy to see why Canuck fan's are raving about Chris Tanev. He's got all the qualities of being an excellent defenseman in this league, and is pretty much protypical Gillis type dman. His stride is amazing, he's good positonally, his first pass is top notch, and as it's already been said in this thread, he reminds alot of people of a young Alex Edler. Now if Tanev has already looked like he belongs at this level, and looks like he has potential to develop into a top pairing, puck moving RH Dman, what has Kadri done to prove he will be more of an impact at the NHL level?

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Assuming Pietrangelo is no longer counted as a prospect, I'd put Kadri 3rd on the Blues list behind Tarasenko and Schwartz but a little ahead of Allen and Cole.

0123456789*

this thread = no respect for kadri

Chris Tanev? Come on.

Marincin, Pitlick? BS

I can agree with possibly Rundblad and Nino, but some of these other names should'nt even be uttered in the same sentence as Kadri.

I would say Tanev is the top prospect on the Canucks even ahead of Hodgson. Assuming Schneider no longer counts.

Marincin is also a great prospect who I would put ahead of Kadri, Pitlick I would put at the same level for now.

On top of that imn not overly high on Kadri, as someone else said a boom or bust prospect and im seeing closer to bust. He is missing that drive and vision imo, but he is young and the talent is there.

0123456789*

No, he wouldn't be "fighting" with them. He is well ahead of them. And I bet you 30 of 30 NHL GM's would take Kadri over most of these guys being mentioned in this thread:help:

Lets agree to disagree. He would not be ahead of them imo, and im not being a homer or hating on Kadri as there are Leaf prospects I value higher then him. Just saying it how it is imo and based on what I have seen of the mentioned players, and yes I have watched Kadri play enough to form a personal opinion.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Anaheim: 1st, Etem, Holland, Schultz, and Palmieri are just behind him
Atlanta: 1st, no one would challenge him
Boston: 1st or 2nd, Colbourne would challenge him but i think Kadri has more upside
Buffalo: 1st or 2nd, Kassian would challenge him but i thinl Kadri has more upside
Calgary: 1st, no one would challenge him
Carolina: 1A, Boychuk is right there with him
Chicago: 1st, no one would challenge him
Colorado: 1st or 2nd, the have a lot of darkhorses, Elliot, Pickard, Hishon
Columbus: 3rd, behind Johansen and Filatov
Dallas: 1st or 2nd, Campbell would challenge him
Detroit: 1st or 2nd, Kassian would challenge him but i thinl Kadri has more upside
Edmonton: 1st, no one would challenge him
Florida: 3rd, Behind Gudbransson and Markstrom
Los Angeles: 2nd, behind Schenn
Minnesota: 1st or 2nd, Colbourne would challenge him but i think Kadri has more upside
Montreal: 1st, no one would challenge him
Nashville: 1st or 2nd, Blum would challenge him
New Jersey: 1st, no one would challenge him
New York(R): 1st or 2nd, I think Kadri is better than Kreider
New York (I): 2nd, behind Niederreiter
Ottawa: 1st, Cowen and Runblad are just behind
Philadelphia: 1st, no one would challenge him
Phoenix: 1st, no one would challenge him
Pittsburgh: 1st, no one would challenge him
San Jose: 1st, no one would challenge him
St. Louis: 1st or 2nd, Tarasenko is there too
Tampa Bay: 1st or 2nd, Connolly would challenge him
Vancouver: 1st, only thing holding Hodgson back is his injuries
Washington: 1st, no one would challenge him

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
For the Avs,

Shattenkirk

then probably a dog fight between Kadri and Hishon for 2nd. Followed by Barrie, Elliot and Pickard.

0123456789*

He would most definatly be number 3 on the Canucks depth chart. No doubt in my mind that he would be ahead of Shroeder, but there is more to hockey then just stats. Hodgson was coming off pretty much a lost year in development, and sustained a flukey but serious injury during the season. He played great when he got his legs and he played great for the Canucks when they called him up.

I think if you ask any Canuck fan or anyone who's watched their past 15 games it would be pretty easy to see why Canuck fan's are raving about Chris Tanev. He's got all the qualities of being an excellent defenseman in this league, and is pretty much protypical Gillis type dman. His stride is amazing, he's good positonally, his first pass is top notch, and as it's already been said in this thread, he reminds alot of people of a young Alex Edler. Now if Tanev has already looked like he belongs at this level, and looks like he has potential to develop into a top pairing, puck moving RH Dman, what has Kadri done to prove he will be more of an impact at the NHL level?

Well said. Tanev will be a top pairing dman in this league, not many players I can guarantee that about(barring significant injuries) but he is one of them. No idea how he was missed and it shows scouting is still far from perfect. Hodgson I would consider the second top prospect and on the team and ahead of Kadri, he had some serious set backs but he brings more to the game and is looking very good. Kadri has all the tools to be a great player in the league but for me I see a few weakness that imo will ultimately hold him back. But he is still a top prospect and one of the top prospects in the league, just saying why I would rate him bellow many others who I think have shown more of a NHL game/future.

As far as the Canucks go there is no way I would put Shroeder near Kadri, Shroeder I see very much like Kadri but with much less size.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I don't know about the rest of the guys, but I will say Tanev's stock has greatly risen this year amongst Canuck fans. He got the call up to the NHL as a depth defender, and he's really looked great so far, he reminds me of a younger Alex Edler. Now with all the injuries in our top 4, he's playing top 4 minutes and hasn't skipped a beat.

Personally, I don't know what his ceiling is. But he seems very sound positionally, calm with the puck, and has an excellent break-out pass. For a young defender, those are exceptional qualities.

Hodgson
Schroeder
Tanev
Rodin
Shirokov

Kadri would fit in right around Tanev, either above or below, given how he's been playing in the NHL as of late.

How you put him in front of Schroeder is beyond me. He challenges Hodgson for first spot. I can't comment on Tanev though as I haven't seen him much.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
I don't count Paajarvi, Hall, and Eberle as prospects anymore. IMO, Kadri would be #1 on the Oilers. I don't think Marincin is too far behind though, the kid's upside is downright scary.

Vladimir Tarasenko*

a few things that baffle me...

Schroeder over Kadri..just what the heck has Schroeder done to make him a better prospect then Kadri? :facepalm:

Eller over Kadri.. He has a 3 goals in 53 games this season..8 points total...Kadri had 6 points in his first 20 games. And is a PPG in the AHL...

HF has really hit a new low with this thread :facepalm:

Wow.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
This thread is hilarious.

Kadri is one of the best prospects in the world.

If you are listing more than one of your prospects ahead of him, you are kidding yourself.

For most, even if you're listing ONE of your prospects ahead of him, you're kidding yourself.

NGARV

Feb 1, 2010
Edmonton
Behind the big three we have Omark (was over ppg in the Ahl) and is playing better in the NHL than Kadri did. People overrate how important where they got drafted is.

People need an education on Marincin he is an amazing prospect! He made a huge leap this year.

I'm not going to pretend like I know a lot about Kadri, but I do know that Leafs fans criminally over rate there players. Going by stats alone Kadri = Omark.

CzechPanther

Jun 20, 2010
Arizona

If you are listing more than one of your prospects ahead of him, you are kidding yourself.

For most, even if you're listing ONE of your prospects ahead of him, you're kidding yourself.

Not to say Kadri isn't a great prospect, but I was going by HF's rankings.

Markstrom is ranked #2, Gudbranson is ranked #13 and Kadri is #17.

He'd be the #3 prospect in the Panther's system.

Analyzer*

First.

Pacioretty, Eller and Subban aren't rookies anymore. ( rookie season, but I don't consider them prospects anymore)

Leblanc, Avitsin, Tinordi, etc aren't better than he is.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
fair enough, but just remember that Kadri is having a much better first pro year than Markstrom is, and he's almost a year younger.

Akonite

Mar 9, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Behind the big three we have Omark (was over ppg in the Ahl) and is playing better in the NHL than Kadri did. People overrate how important where they got drafted is.

People need an education on Marincin he is an amazing prospect! He made a huge leap this year.

I'm not going to pretend like I know a lot about Kadri, but I do know that Leafs fans criminally over rate there players. Going by stats alone Kadri = Omark.

Kadri is a very good prospect but he gets overrated by Leaf fans and underrated by other fans at the same time.

If we're comparing prospects as prospects I'd leave what they've done at the NHL level as an after thought since this is IMO about potential on an even playing field.

I'd rate Hall and Eberle above him as prospects, and I think he's around the same level as MPS in terms of my own expectations of them.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002

I really don't think so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad