Where would kadri fit in your prospect pool?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
So no... you havn't seen either guy play.

I've seen Marincin play 3 times in Prince George this season, and once in the WJC
I've seen Pitlick play 4 times in Medicine Hat this season

I don't think either is worthy of a 8.0C rating.

SMoneyMonkey

Dec 7, 2009
LA/MTL
I'd say behind Schenn and maybe Forbort. Tied with Loktionov and Clifford...

It's really hard to say considering they're all such different players. Schenn is a head above, not much but still. Forbort is a D though, so it's hard to compare. Lokti and Kadri are tied and about the same. Clifford is a completely different player but has cracked pros, fights very well and is much more physical.

That said, as far as skill goes Kadri is ahead of Clifford.

So tied 3rd overall, 2nd offensively.

That said, Kadri hasn't been overhyped for the past few months. No matter how "cool" and "in" it is to call him that.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I've seen Marincin play 3 times in Prince George this season, and once in the WJC
I've seen Pitlick play 4 times in Medicine Hat this season

I don't think either is worthy of a 8.0C rating.

Eh, whatever. Perhaps I am underrating Kadri, perhaps I am overrating my guys... but I really don't think the gap is that big. It is like the Gap between Hemsky and Penner, sure Hemsky is the better player in most peoples mind, but it isn't like a run away kind of thing.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what my opinion or yours is, we'll see what happens. If I am wrong, I am wrong.

;)

Even if all of you guys have seen all of these guys play a good twenty games this year, I don't think it is possible to give such cut and dry assessments with such certainty. I love how everyone is an expert, and how a guy who is drafted at 7 is automatically always better than a guy drafted at 45.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
on the other hand, i cant believe leafs fans overhype this guy.....remember juri tlusty? yep, im sure you do.

Remember Ari Ahonen?...

See what I did there?

And as for Tlusty, his development was rushed because of our idiot GM at the time calling him up from the O when he had no business being up in the first place, and had him ride pine for the duration of his call-up. Kadri is hardly a similar case here where he's averaging a point per game in the AHL and is gradually tightening up his defensive game as well. I'm not worried.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I'd say, having checked the team pages on HF, he'd be #1 on Calgary, Minnesota, Vancouver, San Jose, Buffalo, Ottawa, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Washington.

On most other teams he'd be 2-3. The one team he'd be 4-5 on? Nashville.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I can understand being behind Connolly, but (I assume) you're saying he's also behind Ashton and Panik? IMO that's pretty debatable, but it's your opinion.

You could put up arguments as to how he could be ahed of Ashton because of Ashtons slow start, but Kadri didn't have the best of start either. You could say he could be higher than Panik because of Panik not picking up pace until his trade, but Panik already plays an NHL style game, plays far bigger and far more physical than Kadri and while he struggles with consistency, he has been far more dynamic on many nights.

Kadri kind of disappointed me to this point this year. I really wanted to see him grab the A by the throat and be great and hes been good.

For reference:
Ashton
With Tri-City: 15 GP, 8-15-23, +1, 30 PIM
With Regina: 29 GP, 16-11-27, -12, 44 PIM
Season Totals: 44 GP, 24-26-50, -11, 70 PIM
Panik
With Guelph: 22 GP, 12-12-24, -6, 34 PIM
With Belleville: 27 GP, 14-17-31, E, 33 PIM
Season totals: 49 GP, 26-29-55, -6, 67 PIM

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Remember Ari Ahonen?...

See what I did there?

And as for Tlusty, his development was rushed because of our idiot GM at the time calling him up from the O when he had no business being up in the first place, and had him ride pine for the duration of his call-up. Kadri is hardly a similar case here where he's averaging a point per game in the AHL and is gradually tightening up his defensive game as well. I'm not worried.

oh i remember ahonen. thing is, when you got a player like brodeur ari fled back home in frustration.

for me to say kadri is ECHL on a devils depth is not far fetched. is he a player that is a project or someone who will step right in and fill a role. devils have many of these already. i just dont see kadri taking a spot from one of tedenby, palmieri, zharkov....ete, etc...

hes just a player that doesnt sit well in the devils depth chart at the moment. picture it this way........would lou trade for him? chances = 0%

............and yes tlusty is the next best thing in carolina. :laugh:

Last edited:

JSilvius*

:laugh: Thats a great post. Next time just tell us all we're "stuipdfaces" and it'll be just as solid an argument.

I'd rather not get into a debate with you over it, because Kadri is better than every prospect on your team except for Connolly, and it's not a debate in my mind. He and Kadri are around equal in my eyes. Comparing Kadri to Panik and Ashton is like comparing D'Amigo and McKegg to Connolly.

Trunz05

Dec 2, 2010
on the other hand, i cant believe leafs fans overhype this guy.....remember juri tlusty? yep, im sure you do.

Darkhorse said almost exactly what I was going to say. But seriously PPG pace in the AHL-a mens professional hockey league- and people are actually still rating him below prospects still in junior!! That's simply wrong.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I'd say, having checked the team pages on HF, he'd be #1 on Calgary, Minnesota, Vancouver, San Jose, Buffalo, Ottawa, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Washington.

On most other teams he'd be 2-3. The one team he'd be 4-5 on? Nashville.

I don't know. He'd be behind Wilson at forwards and Overall would be right around Ellis,Blum,Josi's rankings.

Yeah he is overhyped but so is every bluechip prospect that plays for a team that has a large fanbase. He's still a bluechip prospect though.

Trunz05

Dec 2, 2010
You could put up arguments as to how he could be ahed of Ashton because of Ashtons slow start, but Kadri didn't have the best of start either. You could say he could be higher than Panik because of Panik not picking up pace until his trade, but Panik already plays an NHL style game, plays far bigger and far more physical than Kadri and while he struggles with consistency, he has been far more dynamic on many nights.

Kadri kind of disappointed me to this point this year. I really wanted to see him grab the A by the throat and be great and hes been good.

For reference:
Ashton
Panik
Go look up Kadri's numbers in the O last season and then just for fun check his playoff totals.

JSilvius*

Why? Because Kadri is vastly overrated? Or some people don't want to face that the Leafs prospect pool isn't as good as some think it is?

Overrated in what way? If anything, this thread proves he's underrated. It doesn't really matter what anyone on HFBoards says, because 40% of the posters have some irrational vendetta against the Leafs organization and are unwilling to accept that they have a good player and/or prospect. Most Leafs fans have said they will be happy if he becomes a 70 point player. That being said, he has put up better stats than most of the players mentioned in this thread and he's a top-10 pick (which does matter).

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I'd rather not get into a debate with you over it, because Kadri is better than every prospect on your team except for Connolly, and it's not a debate in my mind. He and Kadri are around equal in my eyes. Comparing Kadri to Panik and Ashton is like comparing D'Amigo and McKegg to Connolly.

Great, well I couldn't really give a **** whats in your mind. Kid is talented and will be great but his rush into the NHL and the AHL have stifled some of the pre-draft creativity that i've seen out of the kid and he doesn't exert himself as physically as he could because he is with much, much bigger competition in the A. For that, i'll take how Tampa is handling Connolly/Ashton/Panik now. I worry that Burke pushes him for a FT role with the Leafs next year and I don't think he should.

Trunz05

Dec 2, 2010
I don't know. He'd be behind Wilson at forwards and Overall would be right around Ellis,Blum,Josi's rankings.

Yeah he is overhyped but so is every bluechip prospect that plays for a team that has a large fanbase. He's still a bluechip prospect though.

Agreed, I think Wilson over Kadri but kadri compared to the others you mentioned is about right. However I think they're all up on Ellis. Just my opinion.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Go look up Kadri's numbers in the O last season and then just for fun check his playoff totals.

Still have to get to the playoffs for things to matter. I worry that they're pushing him too far too soon. He really needs to build some confidence in the A. Kind of like Bobby Ryans situation.

JSilvius*

For reference:
Ashton
Panik

Kadri and Ashton were drafted in the same year, yet Ashton is playing in the WHL again and Kadri is in the AHL. Kadri's OHL numbers were better last season than Ashton's are this season. The exact same could be said for Panic. We're two years removed from the draft. Kadri was a top 10 pick, Ashton was a late first, and Panik was a late second rounder. Forgive me for trusting the opinions of general managers in the NHL over the opinions of random HFBoards posters who don't like the Maple Leafs.

JSilvius*

Great, well I couldn't really give a **** whats in your mind. Kid is talented and will be great but his rush into the NHL and the AHL have stifled some of the pre-draft creativity that i've seen out of the kid and he doesn't exert himself as physically as he could because he is with much, much bigger competition in the A. For that, i'll take how Tampa is handling Connolly/Ashton/Panik now. I worry that Burke pushes him for a FT role with the Leafs next year and I don't think he should.

That's great, I don't give a **** what's on your mind either. I'd rather have Kadri than any of them.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Kadri and Ashton were drafted in the same year, yet Ashton is playing in the WHL again and Kadri is in the AHL. Kadri's OHL numbers were better last season than Ashton's are this season. The exact same could be said for Panic. We're two years removed from the draft. Kadri was a top 10 pick, Ashton was a late first, and Panik was a late second rounder. Forgive me for trusting the opinions of general managers in the NHL over the opinions of random HFBoards posters who don't like the Maple Leafs.

Oh we're going to play the "what number were you drafted at" game?

Hugh Jessiman.

JSilvius*

Still have to get to the playoffs for things to matter. I worry that they're pushing him too far too soon. He really needs to build some confidence in the A. Kind of like Bobby Ryans situation.

What does the Leafs making a playoff run have to do with Kadri's playoff performance in the OHL last season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->