Where would kadri fit in your prospect pool?

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
this thread = no respect for kadri

Chris Tanev? Come on.

Marincin, Pitlick? BS

I can agree with possibly Rundblad and Nino, but some of these other names should'nt even be uttered in the same sentence as Kadri.

Kadri has potential for sure but lets face it, he cant stick in the NHL on an average/poor team

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Thought this looked cool so I tried myself:

Ryan Suter D
Jeff Skinner C
Jakub Voracek R
Kyle Okposo R
Nazem Kadri C
Colin Wilson C
Jack Skille R
Joffrey Lupul F
Mike Komisarek D
Rostislav Olesz C

That was hard to do, because I think that while he is close to Okposo and Wilson (very close imo), I put Okposo above because I think at worst he will be a 60 pt guy whereas that would be pretty awesome if Kadri reached that. I think Kadri has higher upside, just you know what you get with Okposo.

As for in the prospect pool, for the Sens I am also very undecided. I think its basically a 3-way tie between him, Rundblad, and Cowen. I think he can be really good, he's the kinda guy you'd just LOVE to get in your prospect pool. I personally haven't seen enough of any of these 3, especially Cowen, to comment on who is better, but right now I'd say they're all pretty close. Kadri could be anywhere from 1-3, but I'd project that in the future he will be either #1 or #2 in comparison to the rest of the Sens prospect pool.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Give me facts boys. here is one!

Eberle in AHL 1.27ppg @19

Kadri .97ppg @20 eberle produced @ 1.3 times better than kadri.

Eberle projects at 65-70p 70P/1.3= 54p Kadris AHL numbers say 55p season.

55pts ranks you top 25 for each wing position and top 30 for center in nhl.

60 pts ranks you top 20 for wings and top25 for centers. 30 teams in league that makes you 1st line material when in the top 30.

To get a 55 to 60 point first line potential player by age 23 at the 7th pick is pretty good.

Problem is for our prospects.
Hall,
Eberle
MPS, all three better offensively,

Petry is our most complete d prospect. that ranks him ahead.

Marincin
Blain both 6'2"+ ppg Dmen @ 18; Brandon Gormely is the other. we have two potential top 15 point dmen.

Dubnyk .(20 Save % last ten last year. 920 first ten this year current .911 save% ranks top 25 in nhl. he is .5g/GM better than khabibulin.

Hamilton
Lander project to 5 pt/season less but far superior two way games.

In fact I would expect a line of Hamilton-Lander-Martindale on the team 2 years from now.

Stats are for losers, watch the dam game.

NGARV

Feb 1, 2010
Edmonton
Omark is 4 years older than Kadri... :help:

Well, then shouldn't you being giving Marincin an advantage because he is only 19.
umad.jpg

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Ugh. Shut up fellow Oilers fans. You're making us look bad.

He'd be fourth, if we're including Hall, Eberle and Paajarvi as prospects.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Kadri has potential for sure but lets face it, he cant stick in the NHL on an average/poor team

Toronto projects to 79 points. Montreal last year finished with 88 points. The difference is 4 wins and an OT loss. 3 conference spots, and Toronto is heating up.

By your logic, either that gap is big enough to erase the average/poor team monicker (I'd suggest 88 points was an average team) or PK Subban couldn't "stick" with the Canadiens, and could be put down by the same logic.

Which is, of course, nonsense.

I mean, come on. Kadri is 20. He's not even two years removed from his draft. There should be no expectation that he'd be ready for the NHL, anymore than there was expectation that PK Subban should be ready right out of Junior.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad