What's your 2022 Olympic Squad Look Like With NHLers?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
[QUOTE = "Czechboy, post: 168954637, člen: 301685"] Samsonov by byl můj odhad pro třetího brankáře. Všichni jsou však dobří. Rusko právě teď vytváří brankáře s lehkostí. Shestorikov (sp?) By mohl být do té doby NHLer na plný úvazek. Také Georgiev. Vy chlapci byste mohli mít příští olympiádu spor o brankáře, protože budete mít příliš mnoho dobrých. [/ QUOTE]
Sorry, but Georgiev is Bulgarien.
You're right but he did play for Russia at the last World Championships and the Juniors.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/262640/alexandar-georgiyev

SportsFan94

Jan 11, 2017
Cambridge, Ontario.
Is there a potential NHL goalie in the pipeline for Switzerland?
What about future NHL Dmen?

I think the Swiss team would be a nightmare to play.

Oh yeah they would be a nightmare to play. The style they play, and the game breakers they have now on offense, as well as Josi on the back end, would not be a fun team to go up against. They would probably give Canada all they could handle.

Valentin Nussbaumer is another potential NHL forward looming. Defensemen Nico Gross and David Aebischer (not the goalie lol) looks like they could become NHLers. Also keep an eye on Noah Delemont in this years draft, he could go in the 2nd/3rd round.

Senn is still only 23 so he could still become a NHL backup. Other then that, MAYBE Van Pottelberge? he's 22.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sorry, but Georgiev is Bulgarien.

He's Russian, as well. He has one Bulgarian parent, one Russian parent. He lived almost his whole life in Russia prior to moving to Finland for hockey. He identifies as Russian.

I understand its considered an interesting fact that he's part Bulgarian because Bulgaria doesn't have many good hockey players historically, but I don't know why people try to claim the guy doesn't belong to Russia because of it. If he didn't feel Russian, he wouldn't have played for Russia now at the WJC and WC.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Oh yeah they would be a nightmare to play. The style they play, and the game breakers they have now on offense, as well as Josi on the back end, would not be a fun team to go up against. They would probably give Canada all they could handle.

Valentin Nussbaumer is another potential NHL forward looming. Defensemen Nico Gross and David Aebischer (not the goalie lol) looks like they could become NHLers. Also keep an eye on Noah Delemont in this years draft, he could go in the 2nd/3rd round.

Senn is still only 23 so he could still become a NHL backup. Other then that, MAYBE Van Pottelberge? he's 22.
Thanks. I've noted that the Swiss have been developing an elite guy every year. They used to have 3 (?) NHL goalies at one point... hope they get an NHL tender soon! Another Josi wouldn't hurt either.. dude is amazing.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Necas - Hertl - Pastrnak
Palat - Krejci - Vrana
Voracek - Chytil - Zadina
Kase - Faksa - Kubalik
HM: Simon, Kampf, Zacha, Jaskin

Hajek - Hronek
Kempny - Simek
Gudas - Rutta
Zboril/Masin
HM: Kostalek, Budik

Francouz
Rittich
Mrazek
HM: Vladar, Dostal

I would love to see this team on best on best tournament to see what they can do. I could see them to make some damage and maybe be something like a bronze contender. Everything would have to go the right way though.. For example one unfortunate injury of either Pastrnak, Hronek or Hertl would change our chances dramatically...

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
That forward core looks very good, but that defense is brutal. Hajek is not an NHL caliber defenseman, and he’s on the top pairing.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
That forward core looks very good, but that defense is brutal. Hajek is not an NHL caliber defenseman, and he’s on the top pairing.

Considering it's 2 years from now it's not out of order to think Hajek will improve into a Top 4 D by then. I personally don't think he'll be on the first pairing though.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010

Well, I took into consideration 2 years of development. Czech defensmen are really bad these days so we have to include even young prospects like him.
You probably watch Rangers games, so you don't think he's capable of becoming quality NHL defender ? Serious question..

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Both McDavid and Matthews were quoted recently on saying they want the NHL to participate in the Olympics and want to represent their countries.

As of today.....who are your current rosters for 2022, if the NHL participates?

Mine for Canada....

MacKinnon - McDavid - Marner
Marchand - Crosby - Bergeron
Huburdeau - Tavares - Stamkos
Hall - Schiefele - Seguin
Barzal

4 lines that can score and would be absolute hell in terms of speed. If we needed a shut down line out there, as crazy as it sounds, I'd throw out the Crosby line in a defensive role.

Pietrangelo - Doughty
Ekblad - Weber
Reilly - Hamilton
Makar

So many strong right defencemen for Canada that it is a challenge finding lines. Weber may regress again, but given his efforts this year, I think he makes the team.

Price
Holtby
Fleury

How do you have Seguin and Huburdeau over Stone?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Our D is brutal. Produce one very 3 years or so. Having said that.. there are 51 players that are aged 21... 18 of them are D. Hajek is in pretty exclusive company. Most the 21 year old D are high end picks or future franchise D.

I'm not saying Hajek is that.. but I am saying he's in good company. Guys like Kempny and Simek were 5 years away from the NHL at the same age.

2019‑2020 NHL Scoring Leaders

Note; I'm sure there are also a few 20 year old D and a handful of 19 year old D as well. I just couldn't get the program to sort like I wanted!

SportsFan94

Jan 11, 2017
Cambridge, Ontario.
Team Germany 2022:

Forwards:
Kahun-Draisaitl-Kuhnhackl
Rieder-Stutzle-Macek
Bergmann-N.Sturm-Eisenschmid
Bokk-Noebels-Wiederer
Extras- Gogulla, Pietta

HM- John Jason Peterka could crack this lineup in 2 years

Defense:
Seider-Holzer
Abeltshauser-Gawanke
Y.Seidenberg-Sezemsky
Extras- Brandt, Reul

Goalies:
Grubauer
Greiss
Niederberger

SportsFan94

Jan 11, 2017
Cambridge, Ontario.
Team Canada 2022

Forwards:
Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron
Mackinnon-McDavid-Stamkos
Huberdeau-Tavares-Marner
Scheifele-Toews (Team Canada Legend)-Stone
Extras- O'Reilly, Point
HM- Couture, Hall, Seguin, Couturier, Giroux

Defense:
Rielly-Pietrangelo
Chabot-Doughty
Makar-Ekblad
Extras- Morrissey, Burns
HM- Hamilton, Letang, Ellis, Weber, Parayko,

Goalies:
Price
Binnington
Hart
HM- Holtby, Murray, Fleury

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well, I took into consideration 2 years of development. Czech defensmen are really bad these days so we have to include even young prospects like him.
You probably watch Rangers games, so you don't think he's capable of becoming quality NHL defender ? Serious question..

I'm saying he's not an NHL defensemen right now. He's the worst player on the team , and that includes mediocre veterans like Staal and Smith, and then also AHL guys like Haley, McKegg, Fogarty, Di Giuseppe. The Rangers defense is the worst in the league, and he's been our worst defenseman. He's brutal right now. Last season in the AHL, he wasn't even among the best defenseman on that team, so it's not exactly surprising that this season he's been terrible in the NHL. The GM made him a big piece of a controversial trade, so I think he's giving this guy a very long leash because he doesn't want his trade to look bad.

He can't move the puck, he has a terrible hockey IQ, his positioning is hit or miss, he has no offense in his game. He skates well, he's physical and can occasionally make some nice defensive plays. I think eventually he can be a bottom pairing defenseman, but not yet. I can't imagine there aren't better Czech players in Europe than Hajek.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
How good A team Russia right now? He can beat A team Canada?)
b946a87b84e8dfce9ae5c12d014bdde555586aa339594403958842.jpg

G

Vasilevskiy , Bobrovsky and ?????? )

F

Panarin-Malkin-Kucherov
Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Svechnikov
Gusev-Anisimov-Tarasenko
Dadonov-Shipachev -Kaprizov/Radulov
Namestnikov

checking line
Nichushkin/Guryanov-Barbashev-Mikheyev or Plontnikov-Andronov-Telegin

D

Provorov-Zadorov
Sergachyov-Zaytsev
Orlov-Voinov
Gavrikov- Kulikov/Romanov

vs dream team canada

G Price /Binnington,Fleury

F

Marchand Crosby Bergeron
Huberdeau McDavid MacKinnon
Scheifele Tavares Marner
Stamkos O'Reilly Seguin
Toews

+ Hall/Barzal-Schenn

D

Rielly-Ellis
Pietrangelo-Hamilton
Doughty-Makar
Morrissey-Burns/

MattiasSnall

May 1, 2018
I don’t know why people keep posting these, Canada has the best A team in the world and will have that for a significant future aswell.

Obviously other top nations can beat Canada in certain games and short tournaments but in a series they are the best overall team in the world and that pretty clearly.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
I don’t know why people keep posting these, Canada has the best A team in the world and will have that for a significant future aswell.

Obviously other top nations can beat Canada in certain games and short tournaments but in a series they are the best overall team in the world and that pretty clearly.
Because 86% russian people think what Russia better team then Canada ):D:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::help::D:D:D:D;) it`s joke))

Last edited:

Spacey

Feb 2, 2015
Good point))

Panarin-Malkin-Tarasenko
Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Svechnikov
Gusev-Anisimov- Kucherov
Dadonov-Shipachev -Kaprizov/Radulov
Namestnikov

Panarin-Shipachev-Dadonov
Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Kaprizov/Radulov
Gusev-Anisimov-Kucherov
Guryanov-Barbashev-Mikheyev or Plontnikov-Andronov-Telegin

Namestnikov is not on Russia 1st nation team lvl, and i think Svechnikov will be on a bench.

Reactions: Bear12Good

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Panarin-Shipachev-Dadonov
Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Kaprizov/Radulov
Gusev-Anisimov-Kucherov
Guryanov-Barbashev-Mikheyev or Plontnikov-Andronov-Telegin

Namestnikov is not on Russia 1st nation team lvl, and i think Svechnikov will be on a bench.
Where Tarasenko?)))

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad