What's your 2022 Olympic Squad Look Like With NHLers?

Rene Saari

May 30, 2016
Swiss Def are ahead by slovak?

Chara, Sekera, Cernak, Jaros, Fehervary, Cernak, Marincin are better like Siegenthaler, Muller, Kukan, Weber, Sbisa and Geisser. Okey Josi is big star, but Chara is leader, big personality.

EU players:
Cajkovsky, Ceresnak, Daloga, Gernat ... Fora, Rathgeb, Diaz, Unterstander. I do not see better quality on swiss side.

I don’t think Chara will be playing 2022.
If he is, he’s mobility will be quite big ?-mark if playing european-size rink.

Rene Saari

May 30, 2016
Germany ahead swiss in offense? The Germans has only Drai. Yes Stutzle is coming, but ha must to prove the expectations. SUI has a far better depth with Meier, Fiala, Hischier, Niederreiter, Malgin.
You’re probably right and I counted a lot for Stutzle’s (and Reichel+Peterka) progress.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
You’re probably right and I counted a lot for Stutzle’s (and Reichel+Peterka) progress.
Yes but we know how difficult it is for talent in the NHL. Stützle is a very promising talent. But Reichel and JJP need much more time for development(Beyond 2022)..

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Of course you could argue, but overall I feel swiss defense lines will hold better comparing czechs.
NHL size of rink I could see it otherway around.
It's certainly close. I think the 2 nations could play in a best of 7 and it'd go to 7 games.

My argument was more that I felt we had the next 4. In 2022 Hajek should be a serviceable NHLer too. Josi will still be all world in 2022 but Weber and Sbisa might not be in the NHL anymore.

1. Josi
2. Hronek
3. Kempny
4. Gudas
5. Simek

upload_2020-5-24_11-41-4.png

upload_2020-5-24_11-42-6.png

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It's certainly close. I think the 2 nations could play in a best of 7 and it'd go to 7 games.

My argument was more that I felt we had the next 4. In 2022 Hajek should be a serviceable NHLer too. Josi will still be all world in 2022 but Weber and Sbisa might not be in the NHL anymore.

1. Josi
2. Hronek
3. Kempny
4. Gudas
5. Simek

View attachment 347385

View attachment 347386
Funny sidenote:

Josi 16 goals
All the Czech D combined 17 goals

salamandra

Aug 31, 2017
Tatar - Hrivik - Panik
Jurco - Kristof - Studenic
Cehlarik - Hudacek - K.Pospisil
Bakos - Ruzicka - Lantosi
Dano, Liska

Dom Kahun - Leon Draisaitl - Markus Eisenschmid
Marcel Noebels - Tim Stützle - Dominik Bokk
Lean Bergmann - Marc Michaelis - Brooks Macek
Frederik Tiffels - Nico Sturm - Tobias Rieder
John-Jason Peterka/Lukas Reichel/Plachta

I would take the German group as The Slovaks have nothing that can match Drai and a superstar can make the difference.

I envision a PP unit of Macek (in the Ovechkin spot) /Drai/Stutzle then maybe Kahun or Bokk with Seider. Germans usually aren't the risky type with 4 forwards but they can put a real nice PP group out.

Edge Germany for me.
You can see that german squad withouth Drai is really not better like slovak squad. And you did not write players like Skalicky, Marcinko ...

And something about developed JJP and Reichel. You forgot that slovaks have also some talents like Chromiak, Cajkovic, Roman, Krivosik, Kolenic, Kaslik, Myklukha....

Last year on WC in the game slovakia againts german. SVK was 50 minutes better /more better like GER.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
You can see that german squad withouth Drai is really not better like slovak squad. And you did not write players like Skalicky, Marcinko ...

And something about developed JJP and Reichel. You forgot that slovaks have also some talents like Chromiak, Cajkovic, Roman, Krivosik, Kolenic, Kaslik, Myklukha....

Last year on WC in the game slovakia againts german. SVK was 50 minutes better /more better like GER.
I won't argue that the German team without Drai is better than the Slovak one. It is not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad