What's your 2022 Olympic Squad Look Like With NHLers?

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
:D

Nowadays Joel Armia should be near top6. Questionmarks Kotkaniemi, Välimäki, Nättinen and Vaakanainen. Big questionmarks Pulju, Juolevi and Heinola.

Granlund, Vatanen, Niku, Lehkonen, Nutivaara, Saros and Anttila:D still actual.

Out-sisu this, finns!

Forsberg - Bäckström - Nylander
Rakell - Zibanejad - Pettersson
Landeskog - Sundqvist - Lindholm
Kempe - Eriksson Ek - Hörnqvist
Karlsson - Silfverberg

Dahlin - Karlsson
Hedman - Brodin
Lindholm - Klingberg
Ekman Larsson - Larsson

Jacob Markström
Robin Lehner
Lars Johansson

Last edited:

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Brady Tkachuk-Auston Mathews-Kane
Kyle Connor-Jack Eichel-Boeser
Johnny Gaudreau-Dylan Larkin-Matthew Tkachuk
Jake Guentzel-Jack Hughes-Alex Debrincat

Clayton Keller, Wheeler

Werenski-Jones
Slavin-Carlson
Hughes-Trouba
Krug-McAvoy

Gibson, Hellebucyk, Bishop

SCBdude

SC Bern 1931
Sep 20, 2012
Eisstadion Allmend
Switzerland:

Niederreiter - Hischier - Meier
Fiala - Kurashev - Bärtschi
Hofmann - Moser - Andrighetto
Scherwey - Haas - Suter
Thürkauf/Knak

Josi - Weber
Diaz - Müller
Siegenthaler - Egli
Fora/Genazzi

Genoni
Senn
van Pottelberghe

This is a possibility for us, did not include Malgin and Kukan because they‘re not going to be in as long as Fischer is the coach.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Brady Tkachuk-Auston Mathews-Kane
Kyle Connor-Jack Eichel-Boeser
Johnny Gaudreau-Dylan Larkin-Matthew Tkachuk
Jake Guentzel-Jack Hughes-Alex Debrincat

Clayton Keller, Wheeler

Werenski-Jones
Slavin-Carlson
Hughes-Trouba
Krug-McAvoy

Gibson, Hellebucyk, Bishop

Trouba is probably the third best American RHD on his own team.

Reactions: QJL

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Switzerland:

Scherwey - Haas - Suter
Thürkauf/Knak

Josi - Weber
Diaz - Müller
Siegenthaler - Egli
Fora/Genazzi

Genoni
Senn
van Pottelberghe

This is a possibility for us, did not include Malgin and Kukan because they‘re not going to be in as long as Fischer is the coach.

I am thinking Genoni with Berra backing up and then one of Senn or VP for experience.

It feels like Berra and Genoni have been around forever and it took many years for Genoni to be seen as their top man. He seems to be now.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Switzerland:

Scherwey - Haas - Suter
Thürkauf/Knak

Josi - Weber
Diaz - Müller
Siegenthaler - Egli
Fora/Genazzi

Genoni
Senn
van Pottelberghe

Didn't Fischer state something like, Kukan's and Malgin's ban would be for the home WHC only, and afterwards they would reconsider the situation?

Even as a longtime supporter of Fischer's approach to coaching, through his wild years in Lugano and the bumpy start as Nati-choach, I think that would be a tremendously stupid and childish move and his first big mistake as a coach... if the reasons for the bans are the ones that were published.

I mean a guy like Sbisa made a career out of excuses for not accepting calls by several Nati-coaches, unlike Malgin or Kukan, and is still an option?

While we could live with the absence of Malgin with the current alltime high in depth and quality on the centerposition, Kukan is probably the 2nd best swiss defender right now and very like in 2 years as well. This would be a significant loss in quality on D.

About your choices for the team. I think one can hardly argue against the guys you picked. Except Genazzi, who probably will be surpassed by some of the youngsters by then. Like Egli for example, or Berni or Aebischer to name a few. And I don't think Knak will be an option by then yet, unless he develops really quickly , which I'd gladly take.
And Moser isn't a center, but you could switch him Suter.

I have a hard time predicting a forward line-up. There's a pool of about 30 players to choose from. And while the first few picks are easy, the further you get, the more various the options get. One obvious thing is, that there are so many guys who are capable to play center, that some of them have to play wing. I tried to put players together with proven chemistry:

Niederreiter-Corvi-Andrighetto (or Fiala)
Kurashev-N.Hischier-Hofmann
Meier-Malgin-Fiala (or Andrighetto)
Bärtschi-Haas-Suter
Vermin/Miranda

HM: Ambühl, Bertaggia, Moser, Scherwey, Richard, Thürkauf, Bertschy, Rod, Nussbaumer, Martschini, Heim

The D is a bit easier to put together. As there's not so much depth. But some promising youngsters push hard, some of them could surpass some veterans.

The locks: Josi, Kukan, Müller and probably Siegenthaler (all lefties)

The veterans: Frick, Sbisa (LD), Fora, Loeffel, Untersander, Diaz, Weber (all righties) and Rathgeb, who hasn't played any WHCs or OGs yet.

Youngsters: Berni, Geisser, Gross, Moser, Le Coultre (all LD), Karrer, Egli, Aebischer (all RD)

Diaz will be 36 by then. I won't pick him. But of course, he'll be an option if he sustains his level of play. Kukan is proven and capable of playing the wrong side.

Josi-Kukan
Müller-Rathgeb
Berni-Fora
Siegenthaler-Loeffel

Goal:
Berra
Genoni
Senn

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
i want someone like mcavoy or trouba playing with quinn hughes though. No real need for deangelo or fox.

Strange response. I see McAvoy and Fox as very similar players. McAvoy and Trouba are not.

McAvoy > Fox > Trouba

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Strange response. I see McAvoy and Fox as very similar players. McAvoy and Trouba are not.

McAvoy > Fox > Trouba

is fox really all that better than trouba? i don't watch the rangers all that much but one down year of trouba shouldn't mean he is awful..
i bet fans would be all over fox as well if he has a down year and trouba does better.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
is fox really all that better than trouba? i don't watch the rangers all that much but one down year of trouba shouldn't mean he is awful..
i bet fans would be all over fox as well if he has a down year and trouba does better.

Fox is already better than Trouba has ever been.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Yes, Fox is better. Trouba's never had a season like Fox is having right now. Your point about Trouba's season isn't a bad one, but Fox is still better.

Reactions: flyersNducks

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Yes, Fox is better. Trouba's never had a season like Fox is having right now. Your point about Trouba's season isn't a bad one, but Fox is still better.

obviously i havent seen him that much. need to watch and compare them more. I really liked trouba with the jets. Is it fair to say that fox is better offensively and trouba defensively or is fox just better overall?

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Best guess Finns lineup

Patrik Laine - Aleksander Barkov - Kaapo Kakko
Teuvo Teräväinen - Sebastian Aho - Mikko Rantanen
Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Roope Hintz - Jesse Puljujärvi
Kasperi Kapanen - Erik Haula - Joel Armia
Julius Nättinen
Joonas Donskoi

Miro Heiskanen - Rasmus Ristolainen
Ville Heinola - Henri Jokiharju
Olli Juolevi - Juuso Välimäki
Esa Lindell - Urho Vaakanainen

Tuukka Rask
Antti Raanta
Mikko Koskinen
Kotkaniemi, Pulju? (question mark)

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Team Canada

Marchand-Bergeron-Crosby
Huberdeau-McDavid-Marner
Tavares-Scheifele-Stamkos
Stone-Couturier-Point
Toews-Scheifele

Rielly-Doughty
Pieterangelo-Makar
Chabot-Burns
Letang

Price-Binnington-Hart

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Was on THN and I have to agree

Forwards
Huberdeau–McDavid–MacKinnon
Marchand–Crosby–Bergeron
Stamkos–Point–Marner
O’Reilly–Scheifele–Stone
Spares: Tavares, Couturier

Defensemen
Chabot–Pietrangelo
Rielly–Hamilton
Morrissey–Doughty
Spares: Theodore, Makar

Goalie
Price–Binnington
Spare: Hart

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
not only that, but he has Scheifele twice. that's a problem...but my roster would take Nate over 3 or maybe even 4 of the forwards that are listed in that roster. definitely 3.

TSN had an interview with Huberdeau about the 2022 Olympics and whatnot. No mention of what the relationship between him and Hockey Canada is like. TSN's projection had him as the first line LW.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
TSN had an interview with Huberdeau about the 2022 Olympics and whatnot. No mention of what the relationship between him and Hockey Canada is like. TSN's projection had him as the first line LW.

I haven't watched a minute of TSN or SN since we entered lockdown...

when not working it's a whole lot of trying out new recipes and baking.

whatever TV viewing time we muster goes to mostly streaming services, Netflix/Amazon.

and that's where I would have him. with McDavid and Nate (RW)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad