Speculation: What is your teams expansion draft list?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I thought the same BUUUUT then I looked at Connor Ingram's stats from the AHL. He had similar stats to SHESTERKIN while a year younger. Unless the Preds make a trade, goal might be a crapshoot.

I think Ingram has had two solid seasons in the AHL along with this most recent great season. Great progression for someone who's only 23. Will definitely be interested in seeing what happens there.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
:kings

Kopitar
Iafallo
Kempe
Andersson
Doughty
Roy
Walker
Clague
Petersen

Exposed:
Goaltender: Quick
Forwards: Carter, Brown, Wagner, Lizotte, Amadio, Frk, Grundström
Defense: Määttä, MacDermid, Brickley, Moverare

What a dogs breakfast. :laugh:

Reactions: Blueston

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Protected:
F:
Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Gallagher, Anderson, Toffoli, Drouin, Danault (if signed)
D: Weber, Petry, Chiarot
G: Price

Likely Gone: Kulak, Mete, Edmundson, Allen, Lehkonen

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Flames

Protection locks (guys who, no matter what, barring trade, are going to be protected)

Forwards: Gaudreau, Monahan, Lindholm, Tkachuk

Defence: Hanifin, Andersson

Goalies: Markstrom

Then there's the tier of players below them who are questionable for protection

Forwards: Backlund, Bennett, Lucic (NMC), Mangiapane, Dube

Two of these players have to be exposed, if Lucic waives his NMC, he's 100% on that list. If not... shit. I feel Dube and Mangiapane capitalizing on their development opportunities, and hopefully continuing to do so puts them as a tier above Bennett. The only question then is, if Lucic waives, who do we value between Backlund and Bennett? Backlund is better now, and probably will be forever, but Bennett has that intangibility and the team loves him. I think I'd obviously take Backlund. Then, if Lucic doesn't waive, who between Backlund/Mangiapane/Dube gets bumped off. That is all relative to this season but if Dube doesn't show the ability to take over the 2C role, or even play centre, I feel the team has to view him as having the higher ceiling compared to Mangiapane and would leave him exposed, but if becomes a 2C then Backlund is exposed.

Defense: Giordano, Tanev, Kylington

This is a lot tougher. Giordano is the captain, Tanev is the new guy, and Kylington is a fringe player who the fanbase likes to suck picture as a #1 D-man (Lol). In my mind it's an obvious choice, given Valimaki is exempt from being exposed, I'd protect Giordano. He's the damn captain, norris winner, and even if he is declining, Tanev is no better and Kylington has proven nothing to make us value him more.

Which leaves a final list of

Forwards: Gaudreau, Monahan, Lindholm, Tkachuk, Backlund, Mangiapane, Dube

Defence: Andersson, Hanifin, Giordano

Goalie: Markstrom

With Bennett, Lucic, Kylington, and Tanev being notable players being exposed.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
for the Devils as it stands right now:

Blackwood

Severson
Subban
Butcher (though I guess it depends if they re-sign Ryan Murray....if so, he would replace Butcher)

Hischier
Palmieri (assuming he is re-signed)
Zajac (assuming he is re-signed)
Johnsson
Bratt
Zacha
Wood

EXEMPT- Hughes, Gusev, Boqvist

it really could go a lot of ways with so many guys' contract statuses up in the air. If Palmieri and/or Zajac are not re-signed, the forward protection list gets murky.

Would assume - barring a turnaround season - Subban would be exposed given his contract.

Last edited:

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Devils protected list.

Forwards

Hischer
Zacha
Wood
McLeod (assuming he is in NJ and has a regular role)
Palmieri
Johnsson
Kuokkanen

Exposed: Zajac, Bratt, Merkley, Seney

D

Murray (barring health issues - Butcher if that's the case)
Severson
Jacobs (like McLeod, based on winning a full-time job)

Exposed: Subban, Butcher, Carrick, Tennyson, White

Goalie

Blackwood

Exposed: Crawford

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Devils protected list.

Forwards

Hischer
Zacha
Wood
Palmieri
Johnsson
Kuokkanen

D

Severson

Goalie

Blackwood

No way in nine hells are we protecting Kuokkanen and Miles Wood over Jesper Bratt.

Or Jacobs over Butcher for that matter.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Devils protected list.

Forwards

Hischer
Zacha
Wood
Palmieri
Johnsson
Kuokkanen

D

Severson

Goalie

Blackwood

what even is this list....? Protecting McLeod AND Kuokkanen over Bratt? what the hell?

why are we protecting Josh freaking Jacobs?

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
for the Devils as it stands right now:

Blackwood

Severson
Subban
Butcher (though I guess it depends if they re-sign Ryan Murray....if so, he would replace Butcher)

Hischier
Palmieri (assuming he is re-signed)
Zajac (assuming he is re-signed)
Johnsson
Bratt
Zacha
Wood

EXEMPT- Hughes, Gusev, Boqvist

it really could go a lot of ways with so many guys' contract statuses up in the air. If Palmieri and/or Zajac are not re-signed, the forward protection list gets murky.
I don’t think the Devils worry about protecting Subban. Seattle likely won’t take him unless the need players to get them to the floor.

And even if they do take Subban, it wouldn’t be a bad thing to shed that contract a little early.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I don’t think the Devils worry about protecting Subban. Seattle likely won’t take him unless the need players to get them to the floor.

And even if they do take Subban, it wouldn’t be a bad thing to shed that contract a little early.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying, but they don't really have many other options on D. Subban is clearly not worth his contract anymore but he can still at least play and the Devils need bodies until some of their young guys on D are ready.

Severson will for sure be kept
I guess as it stands right now, Butcher is kept
so who is third?

Ty Smith is exempt.
Kulikov and Murray are on one year deals so who knows about them.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Flames

Protection locks (guys who, no matter what, barring trade, are going to be protected)

Forwards: Gaudreau, Monahan, Lindholm, Tkachuk

Defence: Hanifin, Andersson

Goalies: Markstrom

Then there's the tier of players below them who are questionable for protection

Forwards: Backlund, Bennett, Lucic (NMC), Mangiapane, Dube

Two of these players have to be exposed, if Lucic waives his NMC, he's 100% on that list. If not... shit. I feel Dube and Mangiapane capitalizing on their development opportunities, and hopefully continuing to do so puts them as a tier above Bennett. The only question then is, if Lucic waives, who do we value between Backlund and Bennett? Backlund is better now, and probably will be forever, but Bennett has that intangibility and the team loves him. I think I'd obviously take Backlund. Then, if Lucic doesn't waive, who between Backlund/Mangiapane/Dube gets bumped off. That is all relative to this season but if Dube doesn't show the ability to take over the 2C role, or even play centre, I feel the team has to view him as having the higher ceiling compared to Mangiapane and would leave him exposed, but if becomes a 2C then Backlund is exposed.

Defense: Giordano, Tanev, Kylington

This is a lot tougher. Giordano is the captain, Tanev is the new guy, and Kylington is a fringe player who the fanbase likes to suck picture as a #1 D-man (Lol). In my mind it's an obvious choice, given Valimaki is exempt from being exposed, I'd protect Giordano. He's the damn captain, norris winner, and even if he is declining, Tanev is no better and Kylington has proven nothing to make us value him more.

Which leaves a final list of

Forwards: Gaudreau, Monahan, Lindholm, Tkachuk, Backlund, Mangiapane, Dube

Defence: Andersson, Hanifin, Giordano

Goalie: Markstrom

With Bennett, Lucic, Kylington, and Tanev being notable players being exposed.

Flames are exposing a lot of nice pieces. I think it would come down to Tanev (if being exposed) or Dube/Bennett/Mangiapane/Backlund.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Flames are exposing a lot of nice pieces. I think it would come down to Tanev (if being exposed) or Dube/Bennett/Mangiapane/Backlund.
I feel like, in terms of potential, it has to be Bennett over Tanev unless there's just a sign there's no chance Bennett realizes any of his potential.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Exposing Oshie? That seems ridiculous. His play is not declining and if he scores another 25, no thanks. He's a fan favorite here as well. You keep him. Expose Hagelin/Panik/Hathaway

I am trying to imagine losing Oshie while protecting a 4th liner. I can imagine MacLellan exposing him because his contract would keep him from being taken.

Anyone seeing him both exposed and taken is hoping to ditch his contract like many hoped Vegas would take Orpik

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Protected:
F:
Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Gallagher, Anderson, Toffoli, Drouin, Danault (if signed)
D: Weber, Petry, Chiarot
G: Price

Likely Gone: Kulak, Mete, Edmundson, Allen, Lehkonen
We don’t have to protect suzuki . Just plug armia in there

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I think Lucic probably waives since he knows there is no chance they take him... and the 0.1% chance he does he's closer to Vancouver. I am a bit surprised Backlund is protected over Dube and Mangiapane, but ya it seems like the Flames will be losing a good piece without any moves.

There's rumours Lucic waiving for Seattle was discussed and agreed to before Flames traded for him. I would assume this was true. And yeah, I personally am exposing Backlund before Mang or Dube (Bennett as well)

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Just my 2 cents Islanders should do 4-4-1 and protect Aho. Basically force Seattle to pick a 5M+ contract

or they just take bellows. why help the isles out by taking a bad contract unless they get paid to do so?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Matthews
Marner
Tavares
Nylander

Rielly
Brodie
Muzzin
Dermott

Campbell

Kerfoot is the only notable forward exposed if he is still a leaf. Holl on D. Andersen and Hyman are both UFA

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
As of now the only 2 D-men the Canucks who are eligible to fill the availability requirements are Myers and Schmidt- Myers is almost assured to be left exposed. And why burn a spot on Edler, as a UFA just leave him exposed and see if he would sign at a discount in the summer after the Petterson and Hughes extensions are in place.

My list:

Petersson, Horvat, Miller, Boeser, Virtanen, Gaudette, XXX (Motte?)
Schmidt, XXX (Juolevi?), XXX (Rafferty?)
Demko

Force Seattle to take one of: Myers, Loui, Beagle, Ferlund, Roussel or Holtby

they arent forced to do anything. they can take lind here

seattle isnt gonna take a bloated contract unles they get incentive to do so.
sorry isles and nucks fans

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
they arent forced to do anything. they can take lind here

seattle isnt gonna take a bloated contract unles they get incentive to do so.
sorry isles and nucks fans
I mean Vegas took Sbisa on a 1 year 3.6M deal, I could easily see them taking a guy like Rousell at 3M for only 1 year. It’s not the mega bad contract we would want off the books but if Sbisa was taken Rousell or Beagle could easily be options.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00