Speculation: What is your teams expansion draft list?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
or they just take bellows. why help the isles out by taking a bad contract unless they get paid to do so?

There still would be some decent players I would leave open such as Bailey, Pageau, Leddy, etc. I wouldn't expect Seattle feeling like they have to pick Boychuk or Ladd.

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
Matthews
Marner
Tavares
Nylander

Rielly
Brodie
Muzzin
Dermott

Campbell

Kerfoot is the only notable forward exposed if he is still a leaf. Holl on D. Andersen and Hyman are both UFA
Doesn't every team have to expose a goaltender ?

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
:hawks

Automatically protected due to NMC:

Toews
Kane
Keith
Seabrook

Also protected (my guess):

Debrincat
Strome
Nylander
Zadorov

Delia

So 8FD/1G

Exempt:

Dach
Boqvist
Kubalik
and the rest of the prospects like Mitchell, Kurashev, Beaudin, etc.

Dooman

Mar 8, 2006
Dumbest thing, Vegas should take part in this as well... They are part of the NHL... Are they not?
one of the best teams in the league wont lose a single player. not exactly fair

They also don't receive any share of the expansion fee that Seattle is paying.

Reactions: Guttersniped

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
what even is this list....? Protecting McLeod AND Kuokkanen over Bratt? what the hell?

why are we protecting Josh freaking Jacobs?

May be wrong but seems like Bratt isn't anything more than he was as a rookie - possibly because he was up too soon. If last year's Binghamton season was an indication think those two (as well as Jacobs) will play far more prominent roles.

And with regards to Bratt, with players like Holtz, Mercer, Hughes, as well as Bastian and possibly Boqvist, don't really see where he fits.

In fact, doubt if he was exposed the Kracken would even take him.

As for Jacobs, I made that post before I saw the Kulikov signing. If Jacobs isn't in the NHL this year no need to protect him.

Last edited:

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
:hawks

Automatically protected due to NMC:

Toews
Kane
Keith
Seabrook

Also protected (my guess):

Debrincat
Strome
Nylander
Zadorov

Delia

So 8FD/1G

Exempt:

Dach
Boqvist
Kubalik
and the rest of the prospects like Mitchell, Kurashev, Beaudin, etc.

You think they protect Nylander over Murphy? Should just go 7-3-1 if you're only protecting 3D.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
May be wrong but seems like Bratt isn't anything more than he was as a rookie - possibly because he was up too soon. If last year's Binghamton season was an indication think those two (as well as Jacobs) will play far more prominent roles.

And with regards to Bratt, with players like Holtz, Mercer, Hughes, as well as Bastian and possibly Boqvist, don't really see where he fits.

In fact, doubt if he was exposed the Kracken would even take him.

As for Jacobs, I made that post before I saw the Kulikov signing. If Jacobs isn't in the NHL this year no need to protect him.

with all due respect, you really have not been paying attention then. Bratt would definitely be taken by Seattle if he were to be exposed. Not sure what Hughes has to do with Bratt as he is a center. Bastian has not even cracked the NHL yet and he will be a 4th liner if anything. Boqvist is only a few months younger than Bratt and again, he has not cracked the NHL as a full timer yet.

I am pretty confident in saying that Josh Jacobs and Mike McLeod will never be regular NHL players

Zezel’s Pretzels

May 25, 2019
Blues 7-3-1

I think obviously somewhat depends on how players progress this year but here's what I have so far.

F: ROR, Schenn, Tarasenko, Thomas, Sundqvist, Kyrou, Sanford
D: Parayko, Krug, Dunn
G: Binnington

UFA: Schwartz, Bozak, Steen, Gunnarsson
Exposed: Faulk, Perron, Barbashev, Blais, Scandella, Bortuzzo, Mikkola
Exempt: Perunovich, Kostin, Alexandrov, Neighbors

I feel like Barbashev ends up the selection here. Maybe Army will send a package for them to select Faulk though.

pretty good stuff. A couple thoughts:

- if the Blues know some negative things about Vladi’s recovery, do they leave him exposed with high confidence he’s not selected? Allows us to protect a Perron, Barby, or...
- A new Forward acquired or a third defensemen because we trade Dunn? He’s pretty duplicate with Krug in the fold and an RFA. If we acquire a Dunn-equivalent forward, protect him over Tarasenko; if we acquire futures, protect Barby/Perron and Mikkola.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
They also don't receive any share of the expansion fee that Seattle is paying.
Maybe they should just like everyone else. its not the end of the world anyways. just feel Vegas should have to submit a protection list as well. everyone else will possibly be hurt a little by this and vegas just stays the same or gets better.

again not a big deal

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
Doesn't every team have to expose a goaltender ?

Andersen is exposed. Yes he is a free agent but will technically still be under contract to the leafs when the expansion draft takes place. The draft happens before free agency starts.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Andersen is exposed. Yes he is a free agent but will technically still be under contract to the leafs when the expansion draft takes place. The draft happens before free agency starts.

The Leafs will have to expose a goaltender signed to a 2021-22 contract (or a qualified RFA). So likely someone will be signed or extended before the expansion if they don't want to expose Scott or Woll.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
with all due respect, you really have not been paying attention then. Bratt would definitely be taken by Seattle if he were to be exposed. Not sure what Hughes has to do with Bratt as he is a center. Bastian has not even cracked the NHL yet and he will be a 4th liner if anything. Boqvist is only a few months younger than Bratt and again, he has not cracked the NHL as a full timer yet.

I am pretty confident in saying that Josh Jacobs and Mike McLeod will never be regular NHL players

You value Jesper far more than me. He seems like a one-trick pony - some offensive ability but either unwilling or unable to play a complete game. The reason Hughes was included in that list is because he is (potentially) a top line forward and his skill set suggests he has far more potential then Bratt (though clearly he would have been far better served in either the OHL or the NCAA this past season - his brother Quinn played TWO seasons in college before breaking into the NHL).

With the many options the Devils will have for scorers in the future, Bratt doesn't seem to fit.

And unlike Wood, McLeod or Bastian has neither the size, willingness nor tactical game to play a two-way role. Maybe with a new coaching staff he develops those aspects but that seems like a stretch.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Not sure what you mean, are you asking me if you are allowed to be a Seattle fan based on your geographic location?

I think the point is, most people become fans of the team closest to where they live. It would make sense that a lot of hockey fans or people in the Pacific Northwest who are interested in learning about the game would hop on board and become fans of the Kraken.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Hawks don't have two other forwards worth protecting lol.

With the roster as it currently sits, I think the Hawks should go 4-4-1.

Forwards:

Toews (NMC)
Kane (NMC)
DeBrincat
Strome

Defense:

Keith (NMC)
Seabrook (NMC)
Murphy
Zadorov

Goalie:

Subban, Delia or Lankinen - whoever plays the best this season.

Most notable available: DeHann, Shaw, Nylander

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
You value Jesper far more than me. He seems like a one-trick pony - some offensive ability but either unwilling or unable to play a complete game. The reason Hughes was included in that list is because he is (potentially) a top line forward and his skill set suggests he has far more potential then Bratt (though clearly he would have been far better served in either the OHL or the NCAA this past season - his brother Quinn played TWO seasons in college before breaking into the NHL).

With the many options the Devils will have for scorers in the future, Bratt doesn't seem to fit.

And unlike Wood, McLeod or Bastian has neither the size, willingness nor tactical game to play a two-way role. Maybe with a new coaching staff he develops those aspects but that seems like a stretch.

Bratt has played plenty of PK minutes for the Devils

Again, I really have no idea what you are talking about. I think you are thinking of a different player maybe? Thats the only thing that makes sense. Do you not like Swedes? Its really weird.

Point blank- you are out of your God damn mind if you think they expose Bratt and keep guys like McLeod or Bastian. That is never in a million years going to happen.

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
Exposing Oshie? That seems ridiculous. His play is not declining and if he scores another 25, no thanks. He's a fan favorite here as well. You keep him. Expose Hagelin/Panik/Hathaway
Oshie will be exposed and the Caps better hope Seattle takes him...we’ll need to extra cap room to pay for raises for Ovi, Vrana and Samsonsov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->