Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Nylander

For

Heponiemi/Borgstrom
Acciari
Weegar
Knight

I think that's to much coming from Florida. Weegar, Knight and a 2021 1st would be a very solid deal for someone of Nylanders caliber and potential. Toronto loses the best player in the deal but gains a number 3 RHD a potential 1 A starting goalie and a first. Florida gains a 65 point 1 rw with the potential for ppg production at 6.9 million.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Nylander

For

Heponiemi/Borgstrom
Acciari
Weegar
Knight
No Nylander is an excellent player but, while his contract isn’t insane, I don’t see the point of adding a wing.

Knight will not be traded for a player like Nylander; think of the tier above.

This trade does not make Florida better but it does make Toronto deeper

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
The same arguments were used for Jake Gardiner to “prove” he was a good defenseman. He wasn’t, and never was. But at least he put up points. Dermott doesn’t even do that. 12 point defender who isn’t great at defending.

Dermott is fantastic at defending.

Horrible take overall.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
No Nylander is an excellent player but, while his contract isn’t insane, I don’t see the point of adding a wing.

Knight will not be traded for a player like Nylander; think of the tier above.

This trade does not make Florida better but it does make Toronto deeper

Even though knight is probably the 2nd best goalie prospect in the world, doesnt mean he returns a player like nylander. Established number 1 goalies don't even return that much. Leafs shouldn't be trading nylander unless it is an absolute no brainer for the leafs.

Reactions: Stormcrow

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Even though knight is probably the 2nd best goalie prospect in the world, doesnt mean he returns a player like nylander. Established number 1 goalies don't even return that much. Leafs shouldn't be trading nylander unless it is an absolute no brainer for the leafs.
Sure. We don’t want to trade Knight; he is an important part of our long term project as we can transition to him from Bob in a couple seasons. I don’t particularly care how Toronto values Knight because the deal doesn’t make sense for us

We also don’t need Nylander: he doesn’t really move much for us that we can’t replace in free agency. If we wanted a 30 goal winger we could have overpaid Hoffman with Nylander’s contract

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
He could be traded; it could be a negotiating plea for a larger contract during Covid. I wish we knew his ask and the team’s offer

It's a weird situation, though it's had an air of problem negotiations for a bit. That being said, getting a good return for him, really depends on his ask. He's earned a bigger payday, but the number of teams that could take him at this point won't be big, which could reduce his value quite a bit. All it takes is two teams to compete against each other, to move the price up though.

Reactions: violaswallet

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
He could be traded; it could be a negotiating plea for a larger contract during Covid. I wish we knew his ask and the team’s offer

His ask is probably in line with Gryzelek's deal. It shows his comparables in the article. I can't imagine he'd be asking anymore than that. Panthers are probably countering with somewhere around 2-2.5

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
It's a weird situation, though it's had an air of problem negotiations for a bit. That being said, getting a good return for him, really depends on his ask. He's earned a bigger payday, but the number of teams that could take him at this point won't be big, which could reduce his value quite a bit. All it takes is two teams to compete against each other, to move the price up though.

It seems like Boston and Winnipeg really want him, their names keep popping up in Weegar rumors.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Yep: we just don’t know which is what is frustrating. I agree with your analysis.

Even the speculated Toronto ask didn’t make sense so I struggle with valuing him: by advanced stats he played like a top pairing defensemen but he is quite fragile. With this in mind I have no idea what Florida should get for him: right now our board wants to package him for Laine which doesn’t make sense for Winnipeg

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Boston has the cap room. Winnipeg doesn’t, so they’d have to make a move, or send cap back.
I mean Florida could take Perrault back depending on the package or trade. The bigger problem witty Winnipeg is just what asset to be used: Roslovic is not terribly valuable. If Florida has a plan B, maybe Roslovic+one of their top D prospects?

Edit: depending when Little comes back Winnipeg could make the trade actually

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yep: we just don’t know which is what is frustrating. I agree with your analysis.

Even the speculated Toronto ask didn’t make sense so I struggle with valuing him: by advanced stats he played like a top pairing defensemen but he is quite fragile. With this in mind I have no idea what Florida should get for him: right now our board wants to package him for Laine which doesn’t make sense for Winnipeg

Wasn't Gallagher on his way out (talks breaking down) of MON and then next day got a 6 year deal?

Reactions: violaswallet

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

This weird off season, where Schmidt goes for a third and Kapanen goes for a first +... you never know what the actual value could be.

In a package for Laine? I mean sure, but the adds to Weegar would be significant.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
This weird off season, where Schmidt goes for a third and Kapanen goes for a first +... you never know what the actual value could be.

In a package for Laine? I mean sure, but the adds to Weegar would be significant.
Yep: Florida’s proposal is always some variant of Weegs, Tippett (top goal scoring prospect)*1st which just isn’t enough.

You’re right although it seems the two best predictors are team constraints and JR being an idiot

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
@TheImpatientPanther What are Florida's needs currently? A Top 4 RHD is precisely what the Flyers need. I get the feeling I already know what will be asked which would make this a no go, but cant hurt to check.

I mean, this is a fan board, and the ask is likely above what anything will actually happen in the real world. Weegar plays LD for Florida (despite being right handed), so you'd have to assume that they'd want a LD back, the only fit that I see, is Sanheim, because I don't see Hagg, or Ghost being of interest... and obviously Provorov isn't on the table, nor should he be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna