Proposal: Weegar to Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
And averaged more time too despite muzzin being on the team.

Any more excuses?
How about his production. Dermott has paced for 22, 28 and 15 points per 82. Doesnt seem like a lot. But it's all at even strength. Given like u said how he hasnt played a lot, once he gets more minutes which he will which has been shown under keefe he should be getting 25-30 points a year at even strength and that's if he doesnt improve in that aspect.

Anything else you need me to explain to you?

lol

Reactions: DropTheGloves

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Dermott is so good Toronto had to go out and sign a bunch of other defenseman and are in trade talks to acquire another.
A bunch of other right defensemen**** is what that should say.

Brodie and bogo are rd. And lehtonen plays both sides. Keep up though. He plus behind muzzin and rielly. His point totals are going to continue to reflect that

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
A bunch of other right defensemen**** is what that should say.

Brodie and bogo are rd. And lehtonen plays both sides. Keep up though. He plus behind muzzin and rielly. His point totals are going to continue to reflect that

right so he’s a third pair defenseman. Again I keep asking. Can anyone show me a good defenseman that plays 17 minutes a night and puts up 12 points

The90

Feb 27, 2017
right so he’s a third pair defenseman. Again I keep asking. Can anyone show me a good defenseman that plays 17 minutes a night and puts up 12 points
Yes you’re just owning me and everyone else oh so knowledgeable one. He has 2 very good left defensemen in front of him. Nobody is saying he’s a world beater we’re saying his stats are reflective of his minutes, not his potential. And when given more minutes he’s done well. For example when muzzin and rielly were hurt he stepped up and played exceptionally. I’m not going to look for a scoresheet of that because it’s a waste of my time. And you’re just going to parrot back his lowest point total of his career.

I mean goodness it took Hedman, who I consider the best D man in the NHL 4 full seasons before he broke 30 points.

By no means am I comparing the 2 and Dermott will never be close to that player, but I’m saying his potential hasn’t been hit. Sometimes it takes a few years. He’s gotten 0 pp time, and plays limited minutes. It is what it is.

Reactions: Yackiberg8

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Yes you’re just owning me and everyone else oh so knowledgeable one. He has 2 very good left defensemen in front of him. Nobody is saying he’s a world beater we’re saying his stats are reflective of his minutes, not his potential. And when given more minutes he’s done well. For example when muzzin and rielly were hurt he stepped up and played exceptionally. I’m not going to look for a scoresheet of that because it’s a waste of my time. And you’re just going to parrot back his lowest point total of his career.

I mean goodness it took Hedman, who I consider the best D man in the NHL 4 full seasons before he broke 30 points.

By no means am I comparing the 2 and Dermott will never be close to that player, but I’m saying his potential hasn’t been hit. Sometimes it takes a few years. He’s gotten 0 pp time, and plays limited minutes. It is what it is.

You’re assuming he will keep improving. I guess we will see. Like I said, he’s replacement level and nothing special

The90

Feb 27, 2017
You’re assuming he will keep improving. I guess we will see. Like I said, he’s replacement level and nothing special
You’re assuming he won’t improve and have watched 1/10 of his games, at best. Which means you can’t give an opinion on whether or not you think he will. But keep owning those leafers. Oh so intelligent one

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
You’re assuming he won’t improve and have watched 1/10 of his games, at best. Which means you can’t give an opinion on whether or not you think he will. But keep owning those leafers. Oh so intelligent one

i watch most Leaf games but keep trying to discredit someone’s opinion.

Why hasn’t he signed yet? The Leafs will move on from him because they see the same things.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Johnsson + Dermott > Kerfoot + Dermott + Holl

imo

i bet you only felt that way after johnsson was no longer a leaf eh?

we had to hear for months how johnsson was a pure cap dump and maybe worth a 4th..now he is more valuable than Kerfoot AND Holl?

yeah no

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

we had to hear for months how johnsson was a pure cap dump and maybe worth a 4th..now he is more valuable than Kerfoot AND Holl?

yeah no

Nope. I always liked Johnsson, but I've never been a fan of Kerfoot. And Holl has pretty much no value.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
leafs can add thronton, spizza, mikheyevan and eric Dell !!!! the value meter should be aboit even now!!!!

It sure is excellent to see HF thriving with these types of intellectual posts in 2020.

Some excellent dialogue occuring in this thread.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki

yeah no
Look at this amount of whining a "fan" makes.

Makes no difference what Florida or any other would want - just complain.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Lol I bet you do.

I live in Ontario. I really don’t care if you believe me or not. Dermott is terrible that’s why they signed other defenseman before him. Enjoy your mediocrity of a player. Justin Holl is mentioned here too now. Lol good lord

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I live in Ontario. I really don’t care if you believe me or not. Dermott is terrible that’s why they signed other defenseman before him. Enjoy your mediocrity of a player. Justin Holl is mentioned here too now. Lol good lord
Cool story

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
“Dermott is terrible. I can prove this because they signed UFAs who they were in competition with other teams to sign before signing their RFAs who can only sign with the Leafs.”

Another good one. “You’re young third pairing D only played 17 minutes a night last season? HA! He’s no good unless he plays more minutes than your 2 best dmen did.”

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I live in BC. I dont really care if you believe me or not. Demko is terrible thats why they signed another goalie. Enjoy your mediocrity of a goalie. DiPietro was mentioned here too now. Lol good lord.

That's you, that's how you sound.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
Dermott is so good Toronto had to go out and sign a bunch of other defenseman and are in trade talks to acquire another.

I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic or not? It is a team sport. What does Dubas signing additional players have anything to do with Dermott?

Last season both Rielly and Muzzin were injured for a significant period of time. The leafs lacked any meaningful depth to be able to weather the storm. The Leafs also only had 1 RD in Holl. 2 if you want to count Ceci. Dubas brought in Brodie who is a RD, Bogosian who is a RD and Lehtonen who can play both sides. This gives the Leafs probably their best defense core in several years with depth as whoever would be the "7th" defenseman is very NHL capable and they have at a minimum Sandin and Lily in the pipeline.

A trade for Weegar would be to upgrade Holl, not Dermott. Dermott has top 4 upside in my opinion. He is slotted in on most people's projections because of Rielly and Muzzin. Dermott has almost as many NHL games as Weegar and is 3 years younger. He may or may not end up being better than Weegar but he has potential still given his age. This will be a big year for him to try and take things to the next level.

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Bogosian-Lehtonen (probably Leafs will rotate through each of them to start)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->