Proposal: Weegar to Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
I live in BC. I dont really care if you believe me or not. Demko is terrible thats why they signed another goalie. Enjoy your mediocrity of a goalie. DiPietro was mentioned here too now. Lol good lord.

That's you, that's how you sound.

he just might be. See how I’m not melting down?

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic or not? It is a team sport. What does Dubas signing additional players have anything to do with Dermott?

Last season both Rielly and Muzzin were injured for a significant period of time. The leafs lacked any meaningful depth to be able to weather the storm. The Leafs also only had 1 RD in Holl. 2 if you want to count Ceci. Dubas brought in Brodie who is a RD, Bogosian who is a RD and Lehtonen who can play both sides. This gives the Leafs probably their best defense core in several years with depth as whoever would be the "7th" defenseman is very NHL capable and they have at a minimum Sandin and Lily in the pipeline.

A trade for Weegar would be to upgrade Holl, not Dermott. Dermott has top 4 upside in my opinion. He is slotted in on most people's projections because of Rielly and Muzzin. Dermott has almost as many NHL games as Weegar and is 3 years younger. He may or may not end up being better than Weegar but he has potential still given his age. This will be a big year for him to try and take things to the next level.

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Bogosian-Lehtonen (probably Leafs will rotate through each of them to start)

fair. Let’s see it happen. Where is Sandin? Are you saying he doesn’t make the club? So if you’re rotating guys Dermott can’t hold down a roster spot, isn’t that telling you something

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
And here are those external factors you were so quick to dismiss:

Was he traded yet? And was it below market value?

Again I didnt say he will be traded below market value, but it would be naive to suggest definitively that he wont.

Guess we will have to wait and see then but I can almost guarantee you if he's traded, it won't be to TOR.

Told ya so. :neener:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->