Pre-Game Talk: WCSF's Round 2) Kings#5 vs. Sharks#6 Discussion, Injury Updates, etc.

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
All I know is the 1st line has be consistently a lot better if we want to go back to the WCF.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
Oohhhhhhhhhhhh SHARK's ..... scary .....

id+theft-+goldfish+w+shark+fin.jpg
Sharks-Choke-BB.jpg

;)

But the Sharks window was supposed to have closed this season. The Sharks aren't the underachievers anymore they are now the hard working character team

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I've said it before and I don't give a flying **** about this season - Niemi ISN'T that good of a goalie. Not scared whatsoever.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He's a very, very good goalie with experience going deep. The Kings need to go into this series with the same mindset they've had in every series since Darryl has taken over. Take nobody lightly and keep the compete level extremely high. Not always easy for teams to keep up with the Kings effort.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
I've said it before and I don't give a flying **** about this season - Niemi ISN'T that good of a goalie. Not scared whatsoever.

Thats what I thought before the Sharks were swept by the Hawks in the WCF. Doug Wilson had to have him after that... As for quick I think the Sharks have his number

Plowevelski

wuts this SCF thing?
Nov 19, 2010
BASED PETE DaBoAR
Thats what I thought before the Sharks were swept by the Hawks in the WCF. Doug Wilson had to have him after that... As for quick I think the Sharks have his number

But Niemi is a product of the system goalie! With Keith Seabrook and Brent Duncan in front of him he had it made! :sarcasm:

Quick does worry me, he seems ultra competitive and probably wants to avenge 2011. If I was a fan of any other team playing LA I'd be ULTRA worried. For some reason SJ can suck vs. no name backups but then make a very high quality goalie like Quick look ordinary at times for some reason..

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
Dropping in to wish you guys luck. If the Sharks can't be the team to advance to the WCF, I'm happy it'll be the Kings. Your guys' fanbase is consistently one of the best on HF. I'm glad those ***** in Anaheim and Vancouver are out golfing. Here's to a good, clean series. May the winner win the cup.

Luc Gretzky

Jun 24, 2012
SJ fans, thanks for being cool peeps yourselves! I've been to the tank 3 times, and I've always had great hockey talk with my seat neighbors. What can I say, west coast is the best coast!

But for the next week or two, I hatecha! :sarcasm:

Audio Outlaw

Jaded Sharks Fan
Aug 1, 2011
Bay Area, CA
The Kings shouldn't have a problem winning this series if they can manage to take advantage of the many many many turnovers San Jose will give up.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Fine? Based on what criteria?

Jarret Stoll's stat line so far:

6GP
0G
1A
5 SOG
45.8 FO% (4 of 18 while shorthanded)

Not sure what's wrong with those numbers other than his FO% is a bit low. Plus/minus is a garbage stat and there were hardly any goals scored by either team.

Temid

Oct 10, 2006
sLOVEnia
I admit i havent seen much of SJ lately, but Canucks cant be the only reason their series ended with a sweep. It seems to me that Kings are 'picking' worst possible matchups this postseason, first Blues, now Sharks and if they get thru very possibly Hawks. 3 best teams in west imo.

Its very hard for me to predict anything in any series tbh, but what gives me hope is Darryl Sutter. If any1 can get the best out of the team its him.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
wanted the Ducks so LA could silence that chorus of crap from the OC. at the same time i was glad to see them lose and get knocked out in the 1st round. it felt strange rooting for DET, but my dislike for ANH far outweighs my dislike for the Wings. seeing ANH lose was as rewarding as LA winning.

now onto SJ

Ron*

wanted the Ducks so LA could silence that chorus of crap from the OC. at the same time i was glad to see them lose and get knocked out in the 1st round. it felt strange rooting for DET, but my dislike for ANH far outweighs my dislike for the Wings. seeing ANH lose was as rewarding as LA winning.

now onto SJ

See now, I am the opposite. I can't stand the Red Wings and wanted Anaheim to win that game but watching their body language in the third period I knew it was over.

I really wanted Hiller because I think he is a crap goalie. Niemi >>>>>> Hiller and its going to be tough sledding against the Sharks. I really think the Sharks could have given the Hawks all they could handle and possibly beat them. Much rather face the Ducks then the Sharks. Oh well, it is what it is.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
See now, I am the opposite. I can't stand the Red Wings and wanted Anaheim to win that game but watching their body language in the third period I knew it was over.

I really wanted Hiller because I think he is a crap goalie. Niemi >>>>>> Hiller and its going to be tough sledding against the Sharks. I really think the Sharks could have given the Hawks all they could handle and possibly beat them. Much rather face the Ducks then the Sharks. Oh well, it is what it is.

i couldn't believe the lack of compete by the Ducks as the game wore on. DET was buzzing and swarming like a pack of angry bees. the Ducks for the most part didnt raise their game at least in my eyes. if not for the late fluke goal off the DET defender that game was done and over early in the 3rd.

i agree that SJ would give CHI a better and possible bounce out, but never underestimate rivalries. imo CHI rolls DET in 5 games, but then again that is what i thought ANH would do to DET. those two teams have the PO rivalry going back and look what happened, no one gave them a chance and they won. the one advantage the Wings have is in net. Howard is the better goalie and we saw Quick steal a series for us. let's pray that he can steal some games and prolong the series.

i agree that Niemi is the better goalie i agree. Burns also scares the crap out of me. Couture seems to take DD out of his game at times, trying to hard to beat him. Pavelski is on a tear. Thornton is a redwood tree and concerns me with our current D corp. LA will have their hands full in this series.

JureEe

Go Kings Go!
Apr 5, 2012
sLOVEnija
I admit i havent seen much of SJ lately, but Canucks cant be the only reason their series ended with a sweep. It seems to me that Kings are 'picking' worst possible matchups this postseason, first Blues, now Sharks and if they get thru very possibly Hawks. 3 best teams in west imo.

Its very hard for me to predict anything in any series tbh, but what gives me hope is Darryl Sutter. If any1 can get the best out of the team its him.

but but but... you have easiest shedule last year..

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
I'm still upset the Ducks didn't win. **** them for that effort last night and avoiding what would have been an epic series. Don't wanna play the Sharks at all. It will be another long draining series ala St. Louis and this time we'll probably see some of our top guys sit out or play even worse than they have due to fatigue/injury. **** this whole cursed, shortened season....

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
would have rather played Anaheim. SJ seems to give the Kings fits and theyve had a good amount of time to rest...hopefully the boys are ready to avenge 2011 :nod::handclap:

Winger23

May 3, 2007
It was said all year long that ducks team over achieved. not suprised by them getting knocked out at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad