Pre-Game Talk: WCSF's Round 2) Kings#5 vs. Sharks#6 Discussion, Injury Updates, etc.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
This should be a great series.
I LOVED seeing Anaheim get bounced by the Wings!
I see the Wings as the team from the West this year. It will be VERY hard for SJ to beat them in the WCF this year.

Especially hard ... since it will be the Kings and Blackhawks in the WCf's this year ;)
:sarcasm:

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Do you guys think Kopitar is injured or slumping?

Well, if Kopitar is not injured, then he is in his annual slump. If this was a typical year, then these last few matches would be regular season games 48-54. Kopitar will yearly disappear from games 35-55 so the Sharks may see a Kopitar at his normal best from now on! That is IF he's not really injured.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
I like Randy Hahn and Drew Remenda generally, but I hope they can keep their homerism intact. We'll probably have them for most if not all the games given they're already employed by NBC/Comcast. They called a fair game when we last had them (last game of the regular season).

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
I like Randy Hahn and Drew Remenda generally, but I hope they can keep their homerism intact. We'll probably have them for most if not all the games given they're already employed by NBC/Comcast. They called a fair game when we last had them (last game of the regular season).

And Randy used to do the pregame/intermission report for the Kings around 20 years ago...

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Key to this series will likely be whether or not the Kings get the puck deep and establish a forecheck, and slowing down the Sharks' transition game through the neutral zone.

The Kings can get a bonus advantage if the 3rd and 4th lines dominate their counterparts, and I think they have the talent to do so.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Couture loves to fly down the left side and blast a high shot, so the Kings have to be aware of this and push him towards the wall or put a body on him. They can't allow him room or space to get his release off.

The Sharks also love to go low-to-high on the PP. They'll setup low with Thornton and then find a trailing/backdoor skater in the high slot. They also work an umbrella up top with three high, and Thornton has the playmaking skills to find a pass through any opening, so what would be best is to take away his options and just give him the shot. He's not a shooter, so make the passer shoot.

Marleau will also use his speed to take the puck from the outside and drive the net. They can't have flat footed defenseman caught on the ice against him. The Kings have to be a step ahead of those three forwards in particular if they look to stifle the Sharks' offense.

AstroDan

Stars, cars, guitars
Jan 29, 2009
NorCal
Guys, I'm posting game 1 GDT on SJ board. Are these LA's lines? Good enough, at least for stats, etc...?

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Penner-Richards-Carter
King-Stoll-Lewis
Nolan-Fraser-Toffoli

Doughty-Regehr
Voynov-Scuderi
Martinez-Muzzen
Quick​

Thanks in advance
I can't resist adding this little PS from '11

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Just so everyone knows, we're not gonna have fan bashing in here.

Finally we play a team whose fans seem to get along with us so I would prefer to keep it that way.

Those or a very slight variation will probably will be the lines.

Or King-Richards-Carter and Penner-Stoll-Lewis as the alternative.

Our defensive pairings change all the time.

AstroDan

Stars, cars, guitars
Jan 29, 2009
NorCal

Perfect! I'll leave it as it is. At least the stats will be there.
Thanks and GL.

Sydor25

LA Kings
Guys, I'm posting game 1 GDT on SJ board. Are these LA's lines? Good enough, at least for stats, etc...?

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Penner-Richards-Carter
King-Stoll-Lewis
Nolan-Fraser-Toffoli

Doughty-Regehr
Voynov-Scuderi
Martinez-Muzzen
Quick​

Thanks in advance

This how they played against the Blues:

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
King-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Lewis
Nolan-Fraser-Toffoli

Regehr-Doughty
Muzzin-Voynov
Martinez-Scuderi

Quick​

Doughty playes with everybody and Scuderi plays with both Muzzin and Voynov at times. If Clifford is healthy, he probably replaces Nolan.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
May 13 practice report
http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/05/13/may-13-practice-report/

The Los Angeles Kings resumed practice at the Toyota Sports Center on Monday morning. It was a full team practice that did not include fourth line winger Kyle Clifford, who is out with an undisclosed injury. Sutter declined to elaborate on the injury during media availability on Sunday.

Tyler Toffoli continued to skate with Colin Fraser and Jordan Nolan, a line that debuted in Game 5 of the St. Louis series. Also taking part in the skate were call-ups Tanner Pearson and Anthony Stewart, who skated with Brad Richardson.

Defenseman Matt Greene remains “day-to-day” with an injury unrelated to his back. Though he took part in practice, there is still no firm indication on the severity of his injury or when he could return to the lineup.

“Just cruising along and rehabbing and listening to the doctors. That’s it,” Greene said.

ARIES626

Long live the Kings!
Mar 9, 2013
Rowland Heights Ca.
If the Kings play as well as they did in game four against ST Louis and put forth a solid sixty minutes the Kings should be able to steal a game in St Louis and filet the Sharks in 6!! But only if the three stooges (Nolan, Muzzin, Ellerby) don't make any major bone headed mistakes...

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I like Toffoli in the lineup against the Sharks. I don't think the Sharks are as deep up front as the Kings are, and Toffoli on the 4th line forces the Sharks to pay attention to that line.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I wouldn't underestimate the Sharks' depth. They've been rolling four lines and have Thornton, Couture, Pavelski down the middle. They can't be taken lightly.

Ron*

Just so everyone knows, we're not gonna have fan bashing in here.

Finally we play a team whose fans seem to get along with us so I would prefer to keep it that way.

Yeah well my experience on these boards is that everyone loves everyone now, but once the series starts...

Personally I don't get involved in this at all and think its juvenile. It's why I stay away from the main boards.

I also hate the stupid chant at Staples: "Hey (insert team name here) fan. You suck!" Really disgraceful. But mostly uttered by drunk fools.

KingKopitar11*

I think adding toffoli to the line up would be be great move against the sharks. He gets the system now and he looks good. But man.. Honestly he has a great shot. Carter and toffoli make me excited to see them get a shot off.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think adding toffoli to the line up would be be great move against the sharks. He gets the system now and he looks good. But man.. Honestly he has a great shot. Carter and toffoli make me excited to see them get a shot off.

I agree. And gives any line he's on a huge boost of skill.

Anyone else worried that it seems like Niemi has Carter's number over his career?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00