Pre-Game Talk: WCSF's Round 2) Kings#5 vs. Sharks#6 Discussion, Injury Updates, etc.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
SCPlayOffs2013Rnd2WCSFsGameDay1BANNERHOME_zpsea1deebe.jpg

294841_10151678134816457_1524643948_n.jpg

942379_10151605727839239_810441979_n.jpg

310010_10151606963504239_1332356665_n.jpg

WCSFnhlmatch-upPic_zps013e3419.png

http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/05/12/may-12-practice-notes/

-Players didn’t appear particularly concerned with whether they’d face San Jose or Anaheim in the second round, though the lack of travel was a universal relief.

-Kyle Clifford was not among the skaters who took the ice. When Darryl Sutter was asked if he could provide an update on the forward who did not take part in the Game 6 morning skate or participate in the series-clinching victory that night against St. Louis, he offered a one-word answer: “No.â€

-On where Matt Greene was “in terms of fitness and sharpnessâ€, Sutter responded, “I don’t know.â€

Who would you prefer the Kings to face in the second round?
http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/05/11/kings-advance-will-play-ducks-or-sharks/
PollSJS-ANA_zps131afe52.png

BeatJose.jpg

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Looks like we're as banged up as the 'average' playoff team. No Greene/Mitchell, some clearly injured forwards...I'm very proud of what this team has fought through already in a clearly hungry and aggressive STL team.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I agree that both are really great tasting foods

Based solely on hockey I agree, let the hawks and sharks work each other over.

We can pluck the ducks.

Ron*

I predict that the Kings won't have travel outside of California in the next round.

Ron*

But the big thing is, now that I think about it, there is a chance that the Kings will not have to travel outside of California the next TWO rounds.

Now wouldn't that be an advantage if they get to the SCF again? We shouldn't underestimate the travel factor when it comes to this grind known as the NHL playoffs.

Stanley Cup 2012

Jun 12, 2012
North of L.A.
I could not decide if i wanted the Kings to face the Duck or Sharks at first but I'd rather face the Ducks because they should be worn out after playing 7 games vs Detroit and 4 games went to overtime. Im hoping their 7th game goes to 3OT and Ducks win. Sharks are rested since Vancouver didnt make the Sharks work up a sweat at all. It would be nice to have home ice advantage vs San Jose but Anaheim is almost like a home game anyways. And facing the Ducks would add to the rivalry.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
Ideally ....

Kings face Ducks in Rnd 2 (Home Ice advantage for EVERY GAME of series :D ) ...

Kings face Sharks in Rnd 3 (with honest HOME Ice advantage, and revenge for 2011) ...

and then Kings face Penguins in FINALS and sweep them in 4, thus giving the rest of the hockey world one big F'U for underestimating our boys and calling us a fluke or a Cinderella team last year simply because we were the 8th seed, many forget we were also in the hunt for the division title with only 2 or 3 games remaining last season.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
But the big thing is, now that I think about it, there is a chance that the Kings will not have to travel outside of California the next TWO rounds.

Now wouldn't that be an advantage if they get to the SCF again? We shouldn't underestimate the travel factor when it comes to this grind known as the NHL playoffs.

Would be terrific, especially with how banged up we are.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
:heart: you guys!

Can't say the same...at all. Hate everything about the Sharks. Only good thing is no Hahn...and that's a pretty great thing. Means I don't have to mute every game.

WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE THESE ****S?!

Ron*

Yeah but you are a notorious hater, csnhockey, so your opinion doesn't count.

Much rather see you guys give grief to the Hawks. Now, the Hawks will have an easy time to the WCF.

Well, I guess if we are gonna repeat might as well earn it. First the Blues, now the Sharks. Much tougher road to the Cup the second time around...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: