Pre-Game Talk: WCSF's Round 2) Kings#5 vs. Sharks#6 Discussion, Injury Updates, etc.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I like how the majority of the board respects the Sharks as an opponent. The entire Canucks board were convinced they'd win in 5, or 6 if they were terribly unlucky. You guys are a great fanbase.

Hey, if I told you in January 2012 that the Kings and Sharks were gonna be the next 2 Cup Champs, you'd take it, right? :P

Ron*

I like how the majority of the board respects the Sharks as an opponent. The entire Canucks board were convinced they'd win in 5, or 6 if they were terribly unlucky. You guys are a great fanbase.

Hey, if I told you in January 2012 that the Kings and Sharks were gonna be the next 2 Cup Champs, you'd take it, right? :P

Absolutely.

Bottom line, as I said before. I will pull for the Blues and Sharks if we cannot make number 2.

Niemi will be a challenge. Otherwise, I do like our chances, even with our second-rate defense. (Really hope that both Greene and Clifford can make it back soon.)

bobafettish*

kings in 3, the sharks will just forfeit the 4th gamje. :nod:

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
What's your guys current line-up including replacements for Clifford and Scuderi?

Thanks guys!

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008

Nope. San Jose wins a cup and I single-handedly riot in downtown SJ.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I can definitely say that I won't be doing nearly as much guaranteeing Sharks victory on the main board as I did last round. I think you guys are great and definitely don't have the holes the Canucks do.

If Sharks lose, I'll cheer for you guys.

Audio Outlaw

Jaded Sharks Fan
Aug 1, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Kings in 6. LA has the intangibles that SJ lacks. The Sharks are going to get destroyed along the boards, in the corners, and in front of the net. Not to mention... the Sharks turn the puck over in their own zone more than any other team in the playoffs it seems like. The Sharks will be lucky to make it to game 6. If they do, it will be because of Neimi. Stay off of the PK and the Kings win, hands down.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
What's your guys current line-up including replacements for Clifford and Scuderi?

Thanks guys!

Uhh...why would we have any replacements for those two?!

But:

Brown-Kopi-Williams
Capser the Ghost-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser-Nolan

Doughty-Regehr
Slava-Muzzin
Scuds-Martinez

D gets mixed randomly a lot. No real set pairs but those seem to be somewhat common.

Ron*

I think he means Greene.

Right now, its defense by committee.

Muzzin seems to have edged out Ellerby in Sutter's mind, but a few more turnovers and I can see Sutter throwing in the towel and letting Ellerby play.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Kings in 6. LA has the intangibles that SJ lacks. The Sharks are going to get destroyed along the boards, in the corners, and in front of the net. Not to mention... the Sharks turn the puck over in their own zone more than any other team in the playoffs it seems like. The Sharks will be lucky to make it to game 6. If they do, it will be because of Neimi. Stay off of the PK and the Kings win, hands down.

Reverse jinx?

Ron*

Thanks guys!

Our lack of consistent defense is what the Sharks will no doubt attack. The Blues gave us all we can handle to the point our forwards had to do more back-checking than they are used to.

Niemi is hands down the goaltender I didn't want to see, and if the Kings can solve him then I like our chances.

No Clowe = no more worries of a fourth forward playing the puck from the bench. At least there is that. ;)

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.

Maybe but I think these teams will step it up more against each other so should make for a fun series either way. You have a good goalie who can stand on his head when he needs to. Either way, looking forward to going against them. I always have fun going back and forth with SJ fanbase :)

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

I hate that whenever I hear or read "intangibles", i automatically think of Toews. :help:

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Uhh...why would we have any replacements for those two?!

But:

Brown-Kopi-Williams
Capser the Ghost-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser-Nolan

Doughty-Regehr
Slava-Muzzin
Scuds-Martinez

D gets mixed randomly a lot. No real set pairs but those seem to be somewhat common.

I think he means Greene.

Right now, its defense by committee.

Muzzin seems to have edged out Ellerby in Sutter's mind, but a few more turnovers and I can see Sutter throwing in the towel and letting Ellerby play.

Nolan and Toffoli are on the 4th line for Clifford

There's nothing wrong with Scuderi ?

Yep, meant Greene. For whatever reason I think of those two and Mitchell as a group. Thanks again guys.

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
LOL you are joking.

This series is going at least 6.

I hope you're right, but I just don't see it.

The Sharks forward depth is just incredible. There's no way the Kings are going to win this series scoring less than 2 goals per game like they did against St. Louis.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The Sharks are going to get destroyed along the boards, in the corners, and in front of the net.

Only if the Kings are quicker to the puck than they were against the Blues. Not sure I'd say destroyed either.

Not to mention... the Sharks turn the puck over in their own zone more than any other team in the playoffs it seems like.

Muzzin by himself might give the entire San Jose team a run for their defensive turnover money.

King RAZZ

Los Cucarachas
Apr 26, 2007
The Roach Motel
razzilla.multiply.com

I told a Sharks fan that the Kings were going to win the Cup after Terry Murray was fired as I was ringing for the Salvation Army that winter... He opened his big mouth and offered to put $50 in my kettle next year if we won... He actually paid off his bet this past December 12th...

If I went on the most generous fanbases in the NHL (not to mention the nicest) due to what they put in the kettles...the Kings and Sharks fans are almost in a dead heat for first...and that team that just lost to the Red Wings (who are 4th on the list) are dead last...

BTW...I have us winning in 6...

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
That's the optimistic view from LA; for a more pessimistic view, we might point out that our defensive depth was exposed against St. Louis, but they couldn't bury their chances. The Sharks will. I think the Kings' possession numbers will definitely improve (if not, it will be a very short series), but the Sharks will make them pay for turnovers that St. Louis couldn't capitalize on.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
Oohhhhhhhhhhhh SHARK's ..... scary .....

id+theft-+goldfish+w+shark+fin.jpg
Sharks-Choke-BB.jpg

;)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Sharks are a good team and I like their fans. I hope the Kings pull it off, but if not, Sharks better win it all. And while I like a rivalry, I also like it respectable and in good humor, which the fans will bring.

Niemi scares the **** out of me.

Thanks guys!

Rough guess:
Brown - Kopitar - Williams
Penner - Richards - Carter
King - Stoll - Lewis
Toffoli - Fraser - Nolan

Regehr - Doughty
Scuderi - Voynov
Martinez - Muzzin/Ellerby

Quick
Bernier

Couple notes: King was on the 2nd line for a lot of last series, but with Penner's improved play, he may be bumped up.

It's also possible the Kings dress 7 defensemen and sit out one of the 4th liners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad