Pre-Game Talk: Washington Capitals at New York Rangers-7:30 P.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Is that where the Rangers are supposed to be ketchup and the Caps are supposed to be mustard, thus proving Rangers>Caps because ketchup>mustard?

Dunno if you have that expression in the US.

It's when a ketchup bottle gets clogged and you get nothing until it loosens and you get all the contents of the bottle at once.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Dunno if you have that expression in the US.

It's when a ketchup bottle gets clogged and you get nothing until it loosens and you get all the contents of the bottle at once.
We may have it, I've just never heard it before.

Makes much more sense than my definition :nod:

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
this is the series tonight. i said this after game 2, we tie up the series in new york and i think we 100% win the series. we go back to washington 3-1 i think we're done

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Probably gonna be just like 2011.

A fluke goal wins us game 3, we all think they can do it. Then everyone ***** the bed in game 4, and we are outclassed in game 5. Sounds about right.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN 20m
#NYR #WSH Caps coach Adam Oates on Tortorella thinking series is even: "Doesn't matter. It's 2-0, so I don't know how that's even."
I like Adam Oates

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
torts thinks the series is even? even in what sense? :laugh: our goaltender is the only one who showed up to play.

Lost the last game on the road 1-0 in OT. Lost the 1st game because of a few lapses and a soft goal let in by the best goalie in the world. I would say that outside of a couple of things the series hasn't been AS lopsided as many here believe.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Meh, I get what he is saying, and it was probably stupid to ask him what he thought of Tort's comment (as was the original comment) that it was even, but that was kind of a stupid answer as well.

Why is it a stupid answer?

It's the truth.

Doesn't matter what the delusional Torts thinks.

Caps are up 2-0. How is that even?

The real stupid statement came from Torts, anything said after that just makes Torts look like tje idiot he is.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Lost the last game on the road 1-0 in OT. Lost the 1st game because of a few lapses and a soft goal let in by the best goalie in the world. I would say that outside of a couple of things the series hasn't been AS lopsided as many here believe.

Put any other goalie in our net, we lose early in regulation.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Torts trying to get in the Caps heads. 'Your up 2-0 but its been darn even in my book!'

He's losing the chess match, Oates is an arrogant sob but he's no dummy.

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
Why is it a stupid answer?

It's the truth.

Doesn't matter what the delusional Torts thinks.

Caps are up 2-0. How is that even?

The real stupid statement came from Torts, anything said after that just makes Torts look like tje idiot he is.

I am not disagreeing that the original comment was stupid, but it was clear what he meant by it. It may not be even on the scoreboard but play wise he feels it was even. Whether he is right or wrong is another discussion. I would hope that Oates realizes that and is just saying it isn't even for the benefit of his team, and realizes that both games were close and could have gone either way. He doesn't acknowledge that though and just says "I don't know how that's even" Honestly if he doesn't know what Tort's meant or why he said it then he really isn't very bright. I would guess though he gave that answer because it was a stupid comment, a stupid question to ask the opposing coach, and because admitting it would not be beneficial to his team.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Put any other goalie in our net, we lose early in regulation.

That is a dumb argument, we have a good goalie. Put a lesser goalie in anyone's net and they probably lose by a larger margin. Unless they're playing the Rangers then they win 1-0.

Hank is part of the team like BU said. This is what the team is based on. Take Ovechkin off that team and they are not the same either.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
That is a dumb argument, we have a good goalie. Put a lesser goalie in anyone's net and they probably lose by a larger margin. Unless they're playing the Rangers then they win 1-0.

So it's OK to rely this heavily on your goalie and not score a single goal on Braden Holtby? Ok, good to know.

How about this team takes charge for once, sets the tone, and dictates the pace of the game?

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
No it's not.

When you have to rely on your goalie to steal every game, it's not close.

Sorry, but it hasn't been close.

Disagree, but thanks!

While the final score is all that matters in the big scheme of things, there are other things to take into account when analyzing a sporting event. The Rangers played a close game and lost.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He's the biggest part of the team, but he can't forecheck or score goals. That's what we're missing.

I'm not disagreeing with you. All I said was that you can't just cherry-pick a player who you can remove and say well if they did this, than that. If they removed Hank, they wouldn't be the Rangers.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Disagree, but thanks!

While the final score is all that matters in the big scheme of things, there are other things to take into account when analyzing a sporting event. The Rangers played a close game and lost.
Sorry disagree with you. When you can count on 1 hand the rangers chances and when the Caps have chance after chance all game long. The series is lopsided

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm going to start on my toughness rants for the off-season right now:

This team, without Clowe, Dorsett and Asham is beyond easy to play against. They rarely stand-up to anyone or for anyone and they consistently get pushed around.

Moving into next season, players like Pyatt, Boyle and Powe need to either buy in to being a more difficult group to play against or they need to be moved out. Richards can be lumped into this group as well. If you are not scoring consistently, and you are easy to play against, then you should be shown the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad