Pre-Game Talk: Washington Capitals at New York Rangers-7:30 P.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
1st home game of the PO's and the boys should come out flying.

What I expect to happen is that the Capitals dominate the first peroiod and take a 2 or 3 goal lead and win going away 6-1.

Under Torts the Rangers have no balls. They have no desire and this mantra of "playing the right way" is a bunch of ********.

The Rangers since Torts has become coach have been a team more content with allowing the game to come to them as opposed to taking the game to the opponent.

Puck possession is not Torts game plan. Any game plan that requires a dump and chase style is NOT PUCK POSSESSION. If fact it's the polar opposite.

Rangers get trucked tonight and mail it in on Wednesday.

fricken pansies

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
tumblr_mcod9bEMso1rsi7hf.gif

this team needs to start putting stuff in the net ASAP. Holtby is really not that fantastic.

For a large part of the season, the Rangers had a sub-1000 PDO (Sh% + Sv%, 1000 is always the league average). That meant our offense was so inept that while we received top notch goaltending, our goalies were still outdueled on average (based on Sv%). Our PDO barely squeaked into the 1000:nds by the end of the season thanks to our hot finish, but with the level of goaltending Lundqvist can provide, we should be among the leaders in PDO every year.

Tl;dr: We have almost on average made the goalies we've faced look better than Lundqvist this year.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Considering that Boyle has been pretty much our 2nd best forward, I wanted to bring him up into the top 6. Especially since he adds size to an otherwise diminutive line. But I guess your lines may make a bit more sense.

But when Clowe returns I'd like to see:

Hags-Step-Nash
Clowe/Boyle-Richards-Zucc
Clowe/Boyle-Brass-Cally
Pyatt-Powe-Dorsett

Cally isn't a big guy, but he adds physical play and defense to that line so I think it would be fine. As for Boyle he's best when he's not in the top six. You can still give his line minutes if they're playing well. It's not like line number matters, especially not with Torts. Remember he used to play Feds-Boyle-Prust 20 minutes a night (Damn i miss that line even if it was over played).

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
1st home game of the PO's and the boys should come out flying.

What I expect to happen is that the Capitals dominate the first peroiod and take a 2 or 3 goal lead and win going away 6-1.

Under Torts the Rangers have no balls. They have no desire and this mantra of "playing the right way" is a bunch of ********.

The Rangers since Torts has become coach have been a team more content with allowing the game to come to them as opposed to taking the game to the opponent.

Puck possession is not Torts game plan. Any game plan that requires a dump and chase style is NOT PUCK POSSESSION. If fact it's the polar opposite.

Rangers get trucked tonight and mail it in on Wednesday.

fricken pansies

"The right way" seems to be: "Never lose the puck in the wrong area", which makes us the most predictable team in the entire NHL. We make the safest possible play 99 out of 100 times when we face any top 20 opponent.

This team claims to have balls because of it's work ethic and dedication to shot blocking, I say they lack balls since they seem petrified of doing something remotely creative and unexpected.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
For a large part of the season, the Rangers had a sub-1000 PDO (Sh% + Sv%, 1000 is always the league average). That meant our offense was so inept that while we received top notch goaltending, our goalies were still outdueled on average (based on Sv%). Our PDO barely squeaked into the 1000:nds by the end of the season thanks to our hot finish, but with the level of goaltending Lundqvist can provide, we should be among the leaders in PDO every year.

Tl;dr: We have almost on average made the goalies we've faced look better than Lundqvist this year.

that's just sad.

and i still feel it's largely due to the system that Tortellini implemented.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Loffen can go 0-1000 for all I care. His GDTs are the best and he works hard in a time zone that's not exactly friendly to NHL game times. No one was *****ing last post-season. I'm not sure why this is even an issue for you. You should probably focus on your lucky socks and pre-game rituals.

Spot on, it ain't a GDT without Loffen. Lets go Rangers!

MGF0723

Jan 2, 2013
New York, NY
Holtby states that "game 2 was pretty easy for me". If that doesn't get this team all riled up and knock the **** eating grins off of this Caps teams' faces for the next 4 games then there is no hope this post season. They have gotta come out looking to spill some blood tonight

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013
They need to come out and play this game like it's game 7 of the SCF with everything on the line, because everything is on the line. Win, and carry momentum into game 4, and you have a chance to go back to washington with a best 2 out of 3. Lose, and the team mails it in wednesday night, and get swept by a washington team that dosen't deserve a sweep.

Hopefully they come out strong, but I don't buy it. To see them play the way they played when it's 0-0 in overtime, just shows that they've mailed it in for the year. Priorities seem to be in the wrong place with this team, and I hope they can turn it around, but I don't see it happening.

4-1 Washington. I'd love to be wrong.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
tonight we find out if this team cares to play for this management anymore. if they come out and lay an egg, the writing is on the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad