Pre-Game Talk: Washington Capitals at New York Rangers-7:30 P.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
We have to be watching two very different series.

Holtby is barely tested in game 2. The score may show that the game was close, but the actual game showed me other wise.

The Rangers have been barely able to generate anything consistent in the form of offensive pressure while the Caps keep us pinned for minutes at a time.

Had the Rangers had Holtby instead of Lundqvist, the Caps with both games by blow-outs.

The Rangers have not played well defensively. Lundqvist has been, aside form ONE bad goal, the only reason the Rangers weren't blown out of either game.

It's nice being a fan. I get it.

At some point you have to be realistic about what is actually happening on the ice. Something I think you are refusing to do right now.

For a defensive team, we don't play defense very well. We give up far too many massive chances and guys are left open way too much.

*Bob Richards*

Think someone on the board in one of the last games before the play offs had a very bad day at McDonald's or something, and got ketchup all over his player signed jersey? That kinda ketchup you are thinking of maybe. You go to McDonalds, put the little white cup on the table, jerk the handle on the biggest ketchup dispenser in the world and it hits everything but the cup? I am more optimistic though.

These metaphors all make sense as I personally hate ketchup just like I hate this maddening hockey team.

They should be like mustard which implies that they put some muscle in their work. Instead they're like that purple colored EZ Squirtz crap that kids love. Just awful. :laugh:

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Brassard and Kreider are the next Gabby's if Tortorella stays as coach. He doesn't like them, and in the case of Brassard results be damned. Otherwise, how is Richards getting 20-plus minutes of puck fumbling and passes into teammates' feet?
Where is this coming from?

schabadoo

Feb 16, 2012
We have to be watching two very different series.

Holtby is barely tested in game 2.

He stared blankly as several shots passed him and clanged back after hitting the crossbar or post. Either one would've been enough.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
He stared blankly as several shots passed him and clanged back after hitting the crossbar or post. Either one would've been enough.

Funny you mention that, I was going to say something similar but the glass empty crowd tends to disagree that you can't use hitting posts as a positive. Which is funny because I can't even count the number of times I've seen people around here say "the opposition hit X amount of posts, had the posts not been there we would have lost so bad." Hypocrisy is a funny thing.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
If Staal returns it actually gives me some hope of them turning this series around.

To quote my favorite movie The Shawshank Redemption: "Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."

I have lost all hope on this team. Maybe if they win Games 3 and 4, but as of right now, this team's inconsistency has given me no reason to believe they can win 2 games of this series, let alone 4.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@TSNBobMcKenzie: I don't "know" anything for certain, but if Marc Staal plays for NYR tonight I "think" I will be not surprised.”

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Capitals win 3-1.

Honestly, I'm almost hoping that it is a sweep at this point so the organization will see some change. If we are swept, any hope... any hope AT ALL, that we part ways with the inept coaching staff?

I know, the Tortorella advocates will claim "the players need to take some responsibility" but at this point he's worn out his welcome. Time to part ways and move on.

I can't picture us getting any quality chances against Holtby. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if we only scored 1 goal the remainder of the series. Tonight will be more of the same. Players like Boyle and Pyatt will get ice time on the PP over players like Brassard, our best defense man will be stuck out for a 3-4 minute shift because Tortorella has absolutely no confidence in his team, and we will lose.

I'm getting really depressed with the predictability and non-sense choices of Torts.

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
If being swept out 4 straight guaranteed Torts getting canned, I would be tempted to root for it. This just means I would avoid watching the games, because I cannot root against them. Torts is an ineffective motivator and terrible tactician. The bullying, intimidation approach is not working, nor is his boring, defensemen and wingers as human shields system successful.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Great GDT, no time to be fancy!

The Rangers have to keep possession of the puck more or they will be down by three after this is over. My advice, don't listen what Torts say about the middle zone and try play through it somehow and enter the offensive zone with the puck.

member 116805

reports were that zucc was on the point for PP this morning in practice. doubt he sits for clowe

JD123

Mar 6, 2013
Doubt it. Zucc has played well in this series so far. If Clowe plays Im guessing Asham sits.

Serious?!?! What about Pyatt. This is a no brainer. HE BRINGS NOTHING TO THE TABLE!!! If the thought of sitting Zucc instead of Pyatt (if Clowe returns) then Tortorella deserves to be fired on the spot.
I have been watching Pyatt closely game in and game out he brings zero. Even his big frame is useless. At least Boyle has some skating legs and can PK. Same goes for Powe.

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
Jim Cerny: Marc Staal took part in morning skate today, but rushed out of locker room...clearly did not want to answer the "are you playing?" questions...just a hunch, I think he is in tonight

:handclap::handclap::yo::yo:

Live chat going on with Cerny right now at blueshirtsunited

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
Serious?!?! What about Pyatt. This is a no brainer. HE BRINGS NOTHING TO THE TABLE!!! If the thought of sitting Zucc instead of Pyatt (if Clowe returns) then Tortorella deserves to be fired on the spot.
I have been watching Pyatt closely game in and game out he brings zero. Even his big frame is useless. At least Boyle has some skating legs and can PK. Same goes for Powe.

Im not the coach who makes the decisions. But judging on the past Im betting its Ash who sits.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
If Staal is healthy enough to play, he needs to play. Period. If this is really just a "mental" thing with him? He needs to just get on the ice and play. Hopefully he is good to go tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad