Pre-Game Talk: Washington Capitals at New York Rangers-7:30 P.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Jim Cerny: Greetings Magnus from London! Sunny? not so sure!!! differences have been many IMO...Cpas have been better in all facets of the game, except for perhaps goaltending...Torts said today he thinks the Rangers are close and the differences are not so great
Cerny disagreeing with Torts?

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Sure. Let's get less creative.

He's struggled to find open ice, which is typical in the playoffs but his lack of size has been obvious. However he's a warrior and has been trying hard, definitely don't see a reason to take him out. He'd benefit from playing with Clowe IMO.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
He's struggled to find open ice, which is typical in the playoffs but his lack of size has been obvious. However he's a warrior and has been trying hard, definitely don't see a reason to take him out. He'd benefit from playing with Clowe IMO.
Definitely. Scratch Pyatt as he brings nothing to the table.

Kershaw

2-1 Caps.

Outshot 37-21.

Dominated zone possession.

Lundqvist stands on head, rangers play non-breakout hockey.

Torts gets blamed for players being inept.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
2-1 Caps.

Outshot 37-21.

Dominated zone possession.

Lundqvist stands on head, rangers play non-breakout hockey.

Torts gets blamed for players being inept.

Too many people have the opinion that the players are inept.

That's why the coach still has his job.

If the players stop responding to a coach, or are playing poorly, it's time to make a change in the organization.

Is it easier changing 20+ players or one coach if it's not working out?

Kershaw

Too many people have the opinion that the players are inept.

That's why the coach still has his job.

If the players stop responding to a coach, or are playing poorly, it's time to make a change in the organization.

Is it easier changing 20+ players or one coach if it's not working out?

Players simply aren't that good. You can put a bunch of AHLers playing like it's their last game, but they'll still get owned by superior NHLers. Not saying the Rangers are AHL players, but even if they play to full potential, it's still not that good.

Wolfy*

You heard it? From who?

Dan Rosen (nhl.com) suggested this during the morning skate interview, he thought Zucc was overmatched, and maybe he can't perform at this level.

But I agree that he should remain in the lineup. When we don't score, the last thing we should do is to remove a playmaker.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Jim Cerny: Ladislav: no particular work on the power play, no...but they do tons of video on special teams...I would expect if Clowe plays he will get major role on the power play
Yay videos!

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Can someone drop their opinion in on this because it never made sense to me: Why does Torts :)facepalm:) give Girardi an "A" when Richards or Staal are hurt, but right when they come back he strips it off of him? Why not just leave it and have 3 A's? It's not like the Rangers are going to be the only team with 4 players wearing letters. It's obvious he's a leader, so why always go back and forth with it?

I know it's not a big deal and I'm sure Girardi doesn't care. I just always wondered that. I don't know, seems silly to me.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Can someone drop their opinion in on this because it never made sense to me: Why does Torts :)facepalm:) give Girardi an "A" when Richards or Staal are hurt, but right when they come back he strips it off of him? Why not just leave it and have 3 A's? It's not like the Rangers are going to be the only team with 4 players wearing letters. It's obvious he's a leader, so why always go back and forth with it?

I know it's not a big deal and I'm sure Girardi doesn't care. I just always wondered that. I don't know, seems silly to me.
You're only allowed one captain and two alternates. If you have no captain, you can have three alternates

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I'm watching Rangers in 60 of Ottawa game 7 from last year. That team was special. Down but never out. What the hell happened?

Bickel hits the post!

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
Dan Rosen (nhl.com) suggested this during the morning skate interview, he thought Zucc was overmatched, and maybe he can't perform at this level.

But I agree that he should remain in the lineup. When we don't score, the last thing we should do is to remove a playmaker.

ah well after 2 whole games in which the entire team has been bad i guess that's a fair assessment :shakehead

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Would like to see them try something tonight.

Hagelin Stepan Nash
Clowe Richards Zuccarello
Kreider Brassard Callahan
Powe Boyle Dorsett

McDonagh Girardi
Del Zotto Staal
Moore Stralman

And for the love of god, will someone just please crash the net for a rebound or go to the net with the puck?

LGR

member 116805

Glad i got a 10 pack instead of a 6 pack for this one... going to be nervewrecking

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010

Could someone please explain a novice how post season differs monumentally from regular season apart from that the teams (mostly Rangers) stop scoring? Heard it many times how Zuke will not fit in the play offs due to his lack of size, and sure enough, to my surprise, he's been poor. But don't think the games have been much different physically then the past 15 games in regular season. Actually think he's been of the more physically ept players this post season, but then suddenly he went from 21 minutes to 13 minutes TOI, so I suspect Rosen is thinking what Torts is thinking. Very little pp time as well, in a pp that hardly creates anything. I can see Habs vs Sens maybe is a bit too much for a tiny hobbit, but this series no.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Remember, Rangers, we're supposed to be coming home, not going home. Like one of my English teachers used to say: get the ****ing verbs right.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Francessa on WFAN said apparently Kreider was benched in Game 1 because of how much he missed the net by on two shots.

Know we know Mike is not a hockey guy, but he does have ties to reporters and people that follow the team.

If true, I am just at a loss.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Francessa on WFAN said apparently Kreider was benched in Game 1 because of how much he missed the net by on two shots.

Know we know Mike is not a hockey guy, but he does have ties to reporters and people that follow the team.

If true, then Girardi, Del Zotto, and Richards should be part of the Black Aces.

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York

if we based playing time on shot accuracy del zotto would be in the ECHL

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
Could someone please explain a novice how post season differs monumentally from regular season apart from that the teams (mostly Rangers) stop scoring? Heard it many times how Zuke will not fit in the play offs due to his lack of size, and sure enough, to my surprise, he's been poor. But don't think the games have been much different physically then the past 15 games in regular season. Actually think he's been of the more physically ept players this post season, but then suddenly he went from 21 minutes to 13 minutes TOI, so I suspect Rosen is thinking what Torts is thinking. Very little pp time as well, in a pp that hardly creates anything. I can see Habs vs Sens maybe is a bit too much for a tiny hobbit, but this series no.

teams tighten up defensively in the playoffs and theres a lot less time and space to make things happen. people think zuccs won't be able to handle the playoffs with such little time and space. personally i dont think hes looked much worse or better than anyone else. except nash, i thought hes been good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino