Pre-Game Talk: Washington Capitals at New York Rangers-7:30 P.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
@KatieStrangESPN: #NYR Tortorella also said he thinks NYR-WSH have been "a hell of a lot more even than other people think."
I seriously disagree. Maybe game one, but game two they kept us from generating any offensive pressure and pinned us pinned in our own zone a lot

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Holtby states that "game 2 was pretty easy for me". If that doesn't get this team all riled up and knock the **** eating grins off of this Caps teams' faces for the next 4 games then there is no hope this post season. They have gotta come out looking to spill some blood tonight

kind of sad and pathetic that they would need bullentin board material like that to get them going.

Perimeter players playing a perimeter based system.

And we wonder why we have no net front presense.

In the PO's, that's where the majority of goals are scored.

And this is just a general reply.

I don't care how good Boyle has looked in one game. HE CANNOT BE ON THE 2ND LINE.

Dude plays the 3rd line for one reason and one reason only, Torts is an idiot.

Boyle should be getting 5-6 ES minutes a game and 3-4 PK minutes a game.

Anything more and he's being overplayed.

I love the Rangers, but I hate the coach and the overall make up of the team right now.

to many thinkers, not enough do'ers

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
@KatieStrangESPN: #NYR Tortorella also said he thinks NYR-WSH have been "a hell of a lot more even than other people think."

I seriously disagree. Maybe game one, but game two they kept us from generating any offensive pressure and pinned us pinned in our own zone a lot

That right there is Torts trying to save his job. Nothing more, nothing less.

He's blind to what is happening.

He's got to go.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
It really has not been close. Washington has been making us their *****. If not for Hank, last game would have been a blowout.

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia

Well then you are one of those "other people" he references. You and just about anyone else not named John Tortorella

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
That right there is Torts trying to save his job. Nothing more, nothing less.

He's blind to what is happening.

He's got to go.

Wow, heard the same thing when Renney was here. Remember all the "fire Renney" and "we want Tortorella" chants four years ago. Watch out what you wish for.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
1st home game of the PO's and the boys should come out flying.

What I expect to happen is that the Capitals dominate the first peroiod and take a 2 or 3 goal lead and win going away 6-1.

Under Torts the Rangers have no balls. They have no desire and this mantra of "playing the right way" is a bunch of ********.

The Rangers since Torts has become coach have been a team more content with allowing the game to come to them as opposed to taking the game to the opponent.

Puck possession is not Torts game plan. Any game plan that requires a dump and chase style is NOT PUCK POSSESSION. If fact it's the polar opposite.

Rangers get trucked tonight and mail it in on Wednesday.

fricken pansies

The Rangers are not able to carry the puck in the zone. How many times has Nash/Richards lost the puck at the blue line trying to carry the puck in the zone?

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Please for the love of Christ, can you douches come out flying this game?! Please, I beg of you. Score some freaking goals.

If this team doesn't challenge Holtby, I think I will have a heart attack. I will honestly scream until my heart stops and on my death certificate it will say: "Cause of Death: Watching the Rangers."

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
@NYDNRangers: Chris Kreider isn't on ice for #NYR AM optional skate. Hopefully means he's back in lineup, since he's not bagging

Would love to see both Clowe and Kreider back in the line up for Pyatt and Powe

Need size, speed and offensive capability in the line up and while Pyatt is a big guy, he does nothing else. Powe provides no offence.

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Clowe - Richards - Zucc's
Dorsett/Kreider - Brassard - Callahan
Kreider/Dorsett - Boyle - Asham

Go to the net.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Wow, heard the same thing when Renney was here. Remember all the "fire Renney" and "we want Tortorella" chants four years ago. Watch out what you wish for.

Thing is, I want them all to go.

Sather, Messier, Clark, Gorton, Torts, Smith.

All of them need to get gone.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Thing is, I want them all to go.

Sather, Messier, Clark, Gorton, Torts, Smith.

All of them need to get gone.

They should get rid of all of them. Sam, Joe, Trautwig, Maloney, John Gianonne, Pidto, Duguay. Get rid of them all. New team, New Management, New Broadcast. New Everything. FREE AT LAST! FREE AT LAST! THANK GOD ALMIGHTY! WE ARE FREE AT LAST!

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If you think about it, our offense either has to come from the PP, or from Rick Nash.

We've had neither so far. I think we win this one. Can't speak for game four, but I think we're due one here.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The Rangers are not able to carry the puck in the zone. How many times has Nash/Richards lost the puck at the blue line trying to carry the puck in the zone?

The thing is, it's not their job. Never was their jobs.

Richards is a puck distributor. Not a puck carrier. He's not fast enough nor is he shifty enough for that role.

Nash is a shooter. Can he dangle? Yes, but he's better suited to doing that while already in the offensive zone.

Anyway, it's called "controlled transition" defence to the forwards, forwards moving their feet through the Neutral Zone and if need be, dump and chase, but dumping and chasing should not be the primary choice when entering the opponents zone.

Additionally, if you have room to skate and you are near the opponents blue line, don't just give up the puck. If you are REALLY playing a puck possession style, then you do not dump and chase at every opportunity.

finally, if you are sending the puck down the boards hard on the left side, you have to send 2 guys down the right side to meet the puck. Don't chase after it down the left side.

Go to where the puck is going, not where it already was.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
They should get rid of all of them. Sam, Joe, Trautwig, Maloney, John Gianonne, Pidto, Duguay. Get rid of them all. New team, New Management, New Broadcast. New Everything. FREE AT LAST! FREE AT LAST! THANK GOD ALMIGHTY! WE ARE FREE AT LAST!

Trautwig, Gianonne and Dugay, yes. They need to go. the other guys I am fine with.

GFiP*

Heart tells me 3-1 win, mind/common sense tells me a 4-0 loss.

Just win

Punxrocknyc19*

im watching alot of the other series like Sharks Canucks Hawks Wild Blues Kings Habs Senators.. one big difference... even the losing is showing some emotion. id be fine with NYR losing if they showed some emotion stuck up for themselves and showed they cared.

id love if NYR tried to start some fights. they should play like they are pissed off, but us fans know they wont...

mti79

May 11, 2007
So should we do the countdown from 8:08 left in a period and end it with O-V Sucks?

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
@NYDNRangers: Clowe expected in for Asham. Looks like Brassard stays in. No update on Staal. Not sure on him... We will see
Highly doubt Brassard being scratched was ever a thought. Sometimes the beat writers are soo bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $260.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark