Injury Report: Vol. 4 (Updates in 1st Post) | Game Day @ NJD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
We'll see how much stronger with Malkin. Still a little worried. Just saying . . .

That's the reasonable stance to take. The silver lining is that Sullivan probably won't have Kunitz to misuse next to an injured Malkin. They're stronger in some areas but Malkin is a questionmark and Letang is a colossal blow.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
If any group of guys can rise up and overcome the odds it's this one. Our team has more balls and clutch performance than any team we've had in a very long time. Call me crazy, but I'm confident we can repeat even without Letang.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
They've been without Letang since February. So it's not like they can't win without him. They'll need everyone to step up, but this group can get it done. They've done so all season.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
If any group of guys can rise up and overcome the odds it's this one. Our team has more balls and clutch performance than any team we've had in a very long time. Call me crazy, but I'm confident we can repeat even without Letang.

We can. Hainsey is a solid addition. Cole and Schultz have really become solid solid players for our team. Dumo is playing fantastic hockey now. That´s a solid TOP4. Then we have Maatta, Daley, Ruh and Streit as depth defensemen. I trust Murray. And if Malkin comes back and plays like Malkin, then we are far from done. Getting Malkin back is critical though.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Is it wrong to think that if the Penguins avoid Washington in the 2nd round and avoid Chicago in the SCF that they could still win it all? By no stretch would it be a gimmie, but I think there's a pretty big drop-off between those teams any of the other playoff teams.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
So at this point you have to figure out how bad the Letang injury is, and whether its going to be chronic cause you may be able to get him exposed to vegas if the news is dire enough and save another dman

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Expected this, really.
Shattenkirk, yea, we shoulda went all in to land him BUT even then we might not repeat and he 100% bolts to another team.
Perhaps JR can now turn his focus on an Alzner, Trouba or Myers who'll play here for alot longer than 1 PO run.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
So at this point you have to figure out how bad the Letang injury is, and whether its going to be chronic cause you may be able to get him exposed to vegas if the news is dire enough and save another dman

Yeah, they aren't going to do that. :shakehead

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Expected this, really.
Shattenkirk, yea, we shoulda went all in to land him BUT even then we might not repeat and he 100% bolts to another team.
Perhaps JR can now turn his focus on an Alzner, Trouba or Myers who'll play here for alot longer than 1 PO run.

Tangers isn't going to retire. I mean unless I missed something big. I'm at work so no videos load. But I hate to use the classic "the best ability is availability" garbage, but this is the time we need to at least explore every option.

You simply cannot waste the next 4-5 years. That's our window. If Letang cannot be reliable, then that's something the team needs to think about. I hate saying that. It's terrible to think and say, but we can't make those moves unless letang's money is gone.

Just a crap situation. Really crap situation.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
Is it wrong to think that if the Penguins avoid Washington in the 2nd round and avoid Chicago in the SCF that they could still win it all? By no stretch would it be a gimmie, but I think there's a pretty big drop-off between those teams any of the other playoff teams.

No not at all even if we play them we are a chance still.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Tangers isn't going to retire. I mean unless I missed something big. I'm at work so no videos load. But I hate to use the classic "the best ability is availability" garbage, but this is the time we need to at least explore every option.

You simply cannot waste the next 4-5 years. That's our window. If Letang cannot be reliable, then that's something the team needs to think about. I hate saying that. It's terrible to think and say, but we can't make those moves unless letang's money is gone.

Does he have a full NMC? I assumed so, which to me means we're resigned to the situation for better or worse. I was shocked he had 5 years left on his deal. For some reason it seemed like he signed it forever ago.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
Does he have a full NMC? I assumed so, which to me means we're resigned to the situation for better or worse. I was shocked he had 5 years left on his deal. For some reason it seemed like he signed it forever ago.

He lists 18 teams he can be traded too.

Konig96

Sep 11, 2016
Just curious if anyone knows how the cap situation well be if Kunitz and Fleury are gone after the season? Don't really follow the cap stuff a whole lot. Letang is so injury prone at this point they almost have to go after a big name dman. Maybe old man river can work some magic and sucker someone. Feel so bad for Tanger. The guy has been through a lot.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Just curious if anyone knows how the cap situation well be if Kunitz and Fleury are gone after the season? Don't really follow the cap stuff a whole lot. Letang is so injury prone at this point they almost have to go after a big name dman. Maybe old man river can work some magic and sucker someone. Feel so bad for Tanger. The guy has been through a lot.

Tanger needs to learn to play a smarter game and protect himself better. He also needs to get on Tom Brady's pliable program ASAP :laugh:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

I know he's not going anywhere Cole.
But money to spend is coming.
Theres a question of whether Olli is in the Pens future plans.
Instead of trading Olli for a Duchene for instance, maybe the focus should be on bolstering the D WITH Letang here.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Didn't expect Letang to dress again this season.

See ya in 6 months for a few games before you miss another 15-20, Kris.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Just curious if anyone knows how the cap situation well be if Kunitz and Fleury are gone after the season?.

I assume their salary losses will be wiped out by increases to Schultz, Dumoulin and Sheary.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
One has to wonder how brutal his offseason training regimens are have something to do with his inability to stay healthy. I'd say yes. His body never has time to recuperate.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

I don't think he retires either. BUT, I'll say again that reading the article about Peyton Manning's initial issues after having the same surgery remind why surgery is the last resort and why one unfortunately must understand that there could be complications with this type of surgery.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
One has to wonder how brutal his offseason training regimens are have something to do with his inability to stay healthy. I'd say yes. His body never has time to recuperate.

I honestly think it's more-- a lot more-- about how he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad