Injury Report: Vol. 4 (Updates in 1st Post) | Game Day @ NJD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
PLAYER |TYPE OF INJURY|REPORTED|RECOVERY TIME|POSSIBLE RETURN|STATUS|UPDATED|SOURCE
Olli Maatta | Hand | 2.17.17 | 6 Weeks | 3.31.17 | Practiced with team, not cleared for contact | 4.5.17 | @PensInsideScoop
Trevor Daley | Knee Surgery | 2.23.17 | 6 Weeks | 4.6.17 (Earliest) | Cleared for contact | 4.5.17 | @PensInsideScoop
Kris Letang | Upper Body | 4.5.17 | 4-6 Mos | Next Season | Will undergo surgery to repair herniated disc | 4.5.17 | @penguins
Carl Hagelin | Lower Body | 3.11.17 | 4 Weeks (Min) | 4.9.17 (Earliest) | No other details at this time | 3.11.17 | @penguins
Evgeni Malkin | Upper Body | 3.17.17 | Day-to-Day | Unknown | Progressing, skating on his own | 4.5.17 | @penguins
Tom Sestito | Upper Body | 3.21.17 | Day-to-Day | Unknown | Cleared for contact | 4.5.17 | @PensInsideScoop
Chris Kunitz | Lower Body | 4.1.17 | 'Longer Term' | Unknown | No other details at this time | 4.2.17 | @penguins
Bryan Rust | Lower Body | 4.5.17 | Day-to-Day | Unknown | Not expected to be long term | 4.5.17 | @penguins

Previous injury thread is here
We'll keep track of all injuries using this spreadsheet. Check the tabs at the bottom for the previous season and playoffs.

« 04.05.17 | Letang Update »
PG article is here

« 04.06.17 | Game Day @ NJD »

Last edited:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
That injury list is depressing to read. Still, at least everyone is meant to be getting back in the next week or two.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Should I worry about Geno? I wouldn't think so after his words. Maybe just getting a little rest?

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
Ristolainen's "I am not aware what the rules are" comment takes the cake (see sportsnet article for context). Should remember that one next time I am in trouble. All considered, at least he got suspended for a bit.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Can we not have Murray's name in the title? Jesus.

Should I worry about Geno? I wouldn't think so after his words. Maybe just getting a little rest?

My baseline for this team is worried, but maybe a little. I think the shoulder is also an excuse to rest his wrist and Sullivan did initially say they didn't know if this injury was longer term or not. I didn't expect it to be a two games missed injury.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
Ristolainen's "I am not aware what the rules are" comment takes the cake (see sportsnet article for context). Should remember that one next time I am in trouble. All considered, at least he got suspended for a bit.

I take pretty much zero comfort in players getting suspended only because we're down a man and now teams facing Buffalo don't have to face Ristolainen. Players should get x-number of games and/or x-number of games vs that same opponent (i.e. Ristolainen wouldn't be able to play the next time Buffalo plays us).

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
He seems to be saying he looked for the puck but didn't see it. It's hard/impossible to turn your head almost 180 degrees and at the same time look almost straight down and find the puck. It would be much easier for him to find the puck if he had been facing Guentzel and weren't trying to Kronwall him.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
OBvy529.jpg

We went a game without losing someone!

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

Reminds me of "Are you an expert?", Andy Sutton

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
That injury list is depressing to read. Still, at least everyone is meant to be getting back in the next week or two.

That is indeed the good part or maybe not

Either the guys are fresh when they playoff start, of our course they all get back, no one is gelling together and just like that were knocked out in the 1st round!

GENO*

Feb 27, 2012
This whole resting until the playoff thing is ridiculous. Rust geno and Letang better be on the ice tonight. We only have 9 games left and it's time to prepare for the playoff run.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
This whole resting until the playoff thing is ridiculous. Rust geno and Letang better be on the ice tonight. We only have 9 games left and it's time to prepare for the playoff run.

I don't believe it's rest - if they were ready they'd be playing. Hasn't Letang had enough rest already, he's missed half the season.

It's just Geno and Letang taking longer than the average NHL player to heal.

ruunto71*

Jul 5, 2016
I'm starting to get pissed off at Malkin and Letang. They can't play that reckless style anymore it's ****ing time to adjust you are 30 years old ffs.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I'm starting to get pissed off at Malkin and Letang. They can't play that reckless style anymore it's ****ing time to adjust you are 30 years old ffs.

Letang is a lot more sensitive than Geno IMO. Malkin had a crazy week during that road trip, just that game in Winnipeg he took such a beating physically.

Letang it's just scary going forward while him being by far our best D, I don't want to be negative but something needs to be done. Maybe JR will have to address that and be aggressive in the Shattenkirk FA market or get a top 2 D via trade.

GENO*

Feb 27, 2012
I know a few of these guys like Maata and Daley have serious injuries but the rest of these guys need to get in game shape and start gelling. I know it's a long season but you can't be this careful and risk bringing back everyone for game 1. That has disaster written all over it. Let's go boys.

ruunto71*

Jul 5, 2016
Letang is a lot more sensitive than Geno IMO. Malkin had a crazy week during that road trip, just that game in Winnipeg he took such a beating physically.

Letang it's just scary going forward while him being by far our best D, I don't want to be negative but something needs to be done. Maybe JR will have to address that and be aggressive in the Shattenkirk FA market or get a top 2 D via trade.

Those were meaningless games. He fought with bummed wrist and that blocked shot was completely unnecessary. He can't stay healthy playing like that he doesn't need to prove anybody anything just put pucks in the net and everybody is happy.

Letang is probably lost cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad