Blue Jays Discussion: Vlad Jr wait/watch II: Watch Harder

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
We all knew the whole 2015 core would move on eventually. Still seeing Russ move on is the saddest of them all. He loved representing the Jays and Canada and I'm going to miss having him in TO.

That being said there is a lot to be excited about over the coming few years. Lot of good stuff in the pipeline!

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
I swear Shapiro and Atkins are trying to destroy this team. Seriously though, what is one thing that they've done to make the team better? It's all about the dollar signs with them.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I swear Shapiro and Atkins are trying to destroy this team. Seriously though, what is one thing that they've done to make the team better? It's all about the dollar signs with them.

The Tulo and Martin moves were not about dollar signs in any way.

This is a cyclical thing with Rogers. New management comes in, payroll drops for a few years while they start building for the future, then it increases significantly when they're ready to compete. It happened with Ricciardi. It happened with Anthopoulos. It's happening now. No one is trying to ruin anything. This is apparently just how ownership runs the team.

Reactions: stickty111

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
gotta ship out morales to and eat more money, hes blocking a lot of at bats for our youth...vladdy isnt gonna be at 3rd every game, but he can still bat, drury can dh when he does play, tellez can use the at bats, jansen or mcguire can when they rest of catching, and whoever sit out of hernandez, mckinnon, grichuk can dh

Reactions: Anthrax442

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
49721915_10158248893094768_2358881697790951424_o.jpg

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

If it was all about dollar signs with them, the Tulo release and Martin trade wouldn’t have happened because we are paying 36Mish this year for them to play for the Yankees and Dodgers.

I’m fact, it’s quiet opposite. They are finally cleaning out the remainder of AA’s core in order to bring in the youth of the next era.

Gurriel is likely the SS and Jansen will be the catcher next season I would assume, which makes our team better over Martin/Tulo, though it’s not like Lordes is actually replacing Tulo

Ronald Ocean

Disregard username
Sep 12, 2008

Not sure why I'm bothering to post this but these are good moves by Shatkins... and this is coming from someone who hasnt liked them since day 1.

The rebuild has started, let the kids play and get rid of anyone who is blocking them. Vlad, Jansen, Gurriel and maybe Bo and Alford should all be in the starting lineup everyday.

No we got to get rid of Morales, Pillar and Smoak by the deadline.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Scorched earth transactions after consecutive putrid seasons. Seems about right.
Tough to be angry about the Martin move aside from being a proud canadian fanbase. I just hope they got some good specs for him considering how much money they ate.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
We should have won in 2015. Its too bad everything was going right for the Royals.

That's the beauty of sports. It's unscripted.

The excellent thing is that fallout from the old roster isn't severe. A couple of underwhelming seasons but they have some great young assets already that can help them compete sooner than later.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto

They have collaborated to really re-stock our farm system with better talent than we had when AA was incharge (save for Vlad Jr.).

It's all aligning and if anything this regime has really regained my trust for how structured they have been.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
We are about to have a top 3 farm system with $120 million to spend come 2020. We are setup very nicely to build something that lasts longer than 2 years.

Reactions: WildBoy

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
We are about to have a top 3 farm system with $120 million to spend come 2020. We are setup very nicely to build something that lasts longer than 2 years.
Yeah we have the least amount of money committed past 2020 in all of baseball....Gives us two seasons to work the kids in build up internally and then spend the cash to fill out the roster and specifically the rotation.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

Funny thing is, Jansen has a better projection for the 2019 season than Martin and likewise with Gurriel compared to Tulo. I really like Martin and hate seeing him go but there is no point in having him on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad