Buffalo Bills Post-Draft Discussion

What position do you want the Bills to draft round 1?

• RB

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • WR / TE

Votes: 36 61.0%
  • OL

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • DL

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • LB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CB

• S

• Trade out of first round

Votes: 13 22.0%

• Total voters

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If we find a team bereft of picks.....we could use 60, 128, and 3 of our 5ths to get into the 40-45 range.

Not sure that'd be high enough to get McConkey or Mitchell.....might be high enough to get Franklin.
They could make a trade dtopping 5 picks, including 5th and 7th and getting a 3rd from them

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
I don't even care about the pick value for the 32→33 trade.
Like you traded back one spot, still are getting the guy you want high, and have a better chance at getting a guy they want on Day 3 (or ammo to move up on Day 2)

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
Rest of the draft mock

33. DB Cooper DeJean
52. WR Ladd McConkey (trade with LAR)
95. RB Braelon Allen
133. EDGE Mohamed Komara
144. WR Luke McCaffrey
163. DL Khristian Boyd
221. CB Qwantez Stiggers

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
This was brilliance by Beane.

Gets his 3rd back and improves positioning on day 3.

Gets the 33rd pick. Teams are resetting their draft boards, and he’s going to get calls all day tomorrow. He might get a sweetheart deal.

JPJ, DeJean, Mitchell, and McConkey are all on the board. We’d cheer if that was the choice at 28 just a few days ago.

He could trade down 2-3 picks and still get a first round graded player.

He read the run on QBs properly and did the right thing.

Really well done.

Beane got more value than he gave up.
Im good with it. Plenty of guys left that Beane was certainly targeting and can let the phones ring like crazy all day. If he gets good value I could see Beane wanting the future move up in place with the team wanting to move. I.E. 33, 141 and 160 for 36 and 99. (I picked random numbers for the other team but point still stands).

Huh. I didn't see any of that either.

OK then. So if Mitchell is struggling being serious about his health, and JPJ has character issues.........

I gotta think if Beane wanted DeJean, he would've stayed put.

Hmmmmmm
I'm guessing it'll end up being McConkey and I'm good with it.

If it's non-WR, then I really hope there's a nice chunky move up coming higher into the 2nd.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Im good with it. Plenty of guys left that Beane was certainly targeting and can let the phones ring like crazy all day. If he gets good value I could see Beane wanting the future move up in place with the team wanting to move. I.E. 33, 141 and 160 for 36 and 99. (I picked random numbers for the other team but point still stands).
I get what you are daying.

I think buffalo trading from 34 will return more than what a draft chart says.

Eas is a fee picks back and they have 3 3rds.

33 + 2 5ths (one early, on late) and 7th for 36+78

Reactions: Selanne00008

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I am early to bed and early to rise person.

As a card carrying member of #TeamTradeBack, I am happy this morning.

And for everyone freaking out on Worthy to KC, if Beane wasn’t high on the guy, why worry about it?

Brugler, Joe Marino, Bruce Nolan, and others weren’t high on Worthy, either.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I think the mock draft fever gets people over hyped at certain prospects.

The draft is about good scouting and operating in volume.

Trust your scouts

We are going to get the same guy we wanted at 28 and got two more picks

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I had to dip out of this last night. Pretty sure i have covid so I was watching on my phone in bed. Haven't read or listened to any reaction yet.

So far, so good for me though. Love the trades down especially since a lot of 'our guys' are still available (CDJ, JPJ most notably) which i really did not expect.

In the last couple of mocks i posted I've selected CDJ then moved up from 60 for our WR.

These trade downs have made doing something like that more of a reality imo. Beane isn't using all of these picks.

And I'm happy that Worthy is off the board as he was the guy i was worried about taking the most. I like Legette - but let's not pretend that he doesn't have red flags. It was obvious he was going to Carolina & he'd have been a reach in R1, imo.

Mitchell is still there - he's most people's #5 or even #4 without the character concerns which may or may not be valid.

I've posted extensively in yhe last week that i have warmed to taking Franklin & i really think he could be their guy.

And then there's McConkey who most of you guys are overly high on.

Or there's a bunch more guys that could unexpectedly be #4 or #5 on their board, such is the nature of this class.

Can't wait to see what happens tonight.

Reactions: HOOats

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I had to dip out of this last night. Pretty sure i have covid so I was watching on my phone in bed. Haven't read or listened to any reaction yet.

So far, so good for me though. Love the trades down especially since a lot of 'our guys' are still available (CDJ, JPJ most notably) which i really did not expect.

In the last couple of mocks i posted I've selected CDJ then moved up from 60 for our WR.

These trade downs have made doing something like that more of a reality imo. Beane isn't using all of these picks.

And I'm happy that Worthy is off the board as he was the guy i was worried about taking the most. I like Legette - but let's not pretend that he doesn't have red flags. It was obvious he was going to Carolina & he'd have been a reach in R1, imo.

Mitchell is still there - he's most people's #5 or even #4 without the character concerns which may or may not be valid.

I've posted extensively in yhe last week that i have warmed to taking Franklin & i really think he could be their guy.

And then there's McConkey who most of you guys are overly high on.

Or there's a bunch more guys that could unexpectedly be #4 or #5 on their board, such is the nature of this class.

Can't wait to see what happens tonight.
Feel better man. I’m so glad they got a 3rd. I do not care that it was KC’s.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Me coming into any Bills thread:

hamilton-alexander.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad