Rumor: Valeri Nichushkin close to a KHL deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Zero talk? Do you have access to the smart phones of Stars executives?

Fine, zero talk reported. :laugh:

Hell, we still don't know how far apart the two sides (Stars' camp and Nichushkin) even are, or what offers have been made. All very "cloak and dagger" so far, which to me suggests Nuke's being stubborn and demanding more than he's earned.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
#1 in the conference last year but Ruff is the problem lol

Maybe Ruff is the right coach for the team, but the wrong coach for that player? He's far from the first player to clash with a coach. I have no issues with this. Sucks for Dallas and their fans, but if he's not happy there due to Ruff, then why not go play elsewhere - I mean it's his right to do so.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
Don't really care if his gone tbh. Don't hate the player at all and he has shown brief flashes of good play and looked to have high potential. He seems highly entitled though and that is a problem. You have to earn your spot and the Stars have tons of good forwards on the team or within the system that play a better overall game than what Nuke has offered so far. Not to mention easy UFA acquisitions like Hudler are better short term. If he goes it seems really short sighted on his part. He was coming off a major injury last season and didn't play the best he could for awhile. Seems like he would be better off playing one more season healthy and raising his stock and asking for a trade than giving up and running back to the KHL.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
No offence to Dallas fans , but I find it funny all the ripping the Oilers got about Yakupov bolting and yet he signed a bridge deal with no drama . Montreal fans who were the worst for saying he would bolt yet had Galchenyuk use the KHL as a threat .

I do see Yakupov as being traded sometime in the next year . With Versteeg coming on as a 3rd liner and Puljujarvi with high end skill coming Yakupov days in Edmonton are numbered . Maybe a swap of Yakupov + Yakimov for Nichushkin might work .

Edmonton can afford to wait for Nichushkin to come back . Dallas may be a more desirable place for B Yakimov

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
No offence to Dallas fans , but I find it funny all the ripping the Oilers got about Yakupov bolting and yet he signed a bridge deal with no drama . Montreal fans who were the worst for saying he would bolt had Galchenyuk use the KHL as a threat .

I do see Yakupov as being traded sometime in the next year . With Versteeg coming on as a 3rd liner and Puljujarvi with high end skill coming Yakupov days in Edmonton are numbered . Maybe a swap of Yakupov + Yakimov for Nichushkin might work .

Edmonton can afford to wait for Nichushkin to come back . Dallas may be a more desirable place for B Yakimov

yakety-yak.png

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Two of those coaches are amazing and probably future HOF's, one (Torts) is a total ****ing goof, who should have been put out to pasture a long time ago.

Doesn't change the fact that not every coach and every system is effective with every player. Look at Daley in CHI under Quenneville. He was brutal there and CHI fans were happy to have moved him. He goes to PIT and goes from a meh 3rd pairing D to having advanced stats that rival Letang's and was pivotal in helping PIT get past Washington and Tampa.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Doesn't change the fact that not every coach and every system is effective with every player. Look at Daley in CHI under Quenneville. He was brutal there and CHI fans were happy to have moved him. He goes to PIT and goes from a meh 3rd pairing D to having advanced stats that rival Letang's and was pivotal in helping PIT get past Washington and Tampa.

Well it didn't help that they gave up Sharp and Johns in the deal. Optics like that are kind of important. :laugh:

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
I hope he does go back to the KHL, it's clear he needs a little more time to develop his skills, then in a few years hopefully he can comeback and be a solid player.

I'll miss his potential but I certainly won't miss the player we saw last season.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Get it done, Shero.

It's not like the Devils have ever had a bad experience with a flight-risk Russian before.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Whenever someone tells me a Russian was "the steal of the draft"

vladimir-putin-laughing.gif

Sooner or later, negotiating against the KHL leaves you crying or broke.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Whenever someone tells me a Russian was "the steal of the draft"

vladimir-putin-laughing.gif

Sooner or later, negotiating against the KHL leaves you crying or broke.

Guy is a criminal and probs responsible for a lot of problems like Nish and Kovalchuck and all the others :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig