Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Uh oh spaghettios

More like...

200_s.gif

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
If Fedorov signs him, good for Nichushkin. Maybe this will help him grow as a player. Dallas rushed him into the NHL.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
If Fedorov signs him, good for Nichushkin. Maybe this will help him grow as a player. Dallas rushed him into the NHL.

Wasn't our choice. It was KHL or NHL. Nill and co didn't wanna leave him in Russia any longer.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Isn't this why they signed Hudler in the first place?

I mean, it sucks to lose him but Dallas still has a lot of weapons up front.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

It was kind of a weird situation. Val was unhappy about being traded so he didn't want to stay in the KHL but he could only come over if he played in the NHL. He would have been better served by being in the AHL but that wasn't an option.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Why wouldn't the Stars simply trade him before it got to that? Seems like the issue is coaching and/or management. Might as well move on if the player doesn't want to be there. They can probably find really good value out of him as well.

What do I know though?

Macman

May 15, 2004
It was kind of a weird situation. Val was unhappy about being traded so he didn't want to stay in the KHL but he could only come over if he played in the NHL. He would have been better served by being in the AHL but that wasn't an option.

Why wasn't the AHL an option?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
You never know how things will turn out. A couple years ago, he's almost the 3rd highest scoring forward on the Stars as an 18/19 year old. Was it Jagr that said he was going to be the next Malkin? Or Malkin said he's the next Jagr. Something like that, I think. I don't know, maybe not. Then he gets hurt and plays only 8 games. Then he has less of a season than would've been expected. Now he's off to the KHL. In September of 2014, who is thinking that would happen?

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
You never know how things will turn out. A couple years ago, he's almost the 3rd highest scoring forward on the Stars as an 18/19 year old. Was it Jagr that said he was going to be the next Malkin? Or Malkin said he's the next Jagr. Something like that, I think. I don't know, maybe not. Then he gets hurt and plays only 8 games. Then he has less of a season than would've been expected. Now he's off to the KHL. In September of 2014, who is thinking that would happen?

Jagr said he could be the best in the world.

At least he does want to resign with the Stars. It shows he still wants to play in the NHL.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
so is dallas trying to trade him?

Guess it would depend on how much they like Ruff.

If Ruff is their guy, they I guess they may as well trade him off for another player that will play for them. Sadly though, unless there is a bidding war, this plummets his value.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Why wouldn't the Stars simply trade him before it got to that? Seems like the issue is coaching and/or management. Might as well move on if the player doesn't want to be there. They can probably find really good value out of him as well.

What do I know though?

Maybe the truth is no other GM wants him.

Nichushkin ran to the Russian media two seasons in a row to gripe about how unhappy he was. On the ice, he didn't give full effort. What GM was going to want to add that mental mess to their team?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
so is dallas trying to trade him?

Probably not unless someone offers something for his rights that makes it worth it. Otherwise Dallas can just hold his rights until he's 27. His roster space was already filled a month ago so there's no real need to make a trade.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Jagr said he could be the best in the world.

At least he does want to resign with the Stars. It shows he still wants to play in the NHL.

Jagr said something nice about a player on his former team right before playing his former team. People have really overblown a throwaway comment from Jagr.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Jagr said something nice about a player on his former team right before playing his former team. People have really overblown a throwaway comment from Jagr.

Exactly. I don't think anyone actually believes he could be the best in the world.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
#1 in the conference last year but Ruff is the problem lol

Thats just a silly way of looking at it.

In 2011-12 the NY Rangers won the conference too. Do you think everyone liked playing for Tortorella just because they won the conference?

Not every coach is good for every player just because the team wins. Guys like Torts, Hitchcock, Quenneville, etc have all had their fair share of success while at the same time alienating talent that goes on to be more successful elsewhere or after their coach leaves

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
If Russians want to have a terrible attitude, let them go home. We dont need them here. We have enough Canadians,Americans,Finns,Swedes,Czechs,Slovaks,Danes and even Russians who want to be here.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Isn't this why they signed Hudler in the first place?

I mean, it sucks to lose him but Dallas still has a lot of weapons up front.

Sharp, Hemsyk, Eaves and Hudler are all UFAs on July 1st.

Lots of roster holes up front in 17-18

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver

What do I know though?

Dallas was getting low ball offers I'd bet, no point in selling low on Nuke. So what if he goes to the KHL for a couple of years? He's 21, he could still be a great player for Dallas when he's 23.

This kind of reminds me of when Rodin went to Sweden, he was sick of playing in the AHL and wasn't getting an NHL shot. Now, after playing three years in SHL and fresh off of winning the league MVP award he's back to give the NHL another shot. The reasoning behind what both players did is a bit different, and I'll admit Nuke's reason does seem a bit entitled, but Dallas would still be silly to give him away for nothing.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The Stars should trade Nicha in the NHL. He obviously isn't a fit there. His injuries set him back, but I thought he had some good chemistry with Benn and Seguin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad