Rumor: Valeri Nichushkin close to a KHL deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Next up will probably be Yakapov ,he needs a big season here to validate the faith and patience the Oil has given him

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Next up will probably be Yakapov ,he needs a big season here to validate the faith and patience the Oil has given him

But Yak has ALWAYS said he wants to play here. VERY different. You cannot lump them together just because they are both from Mother Russia.

Yak was overdrafted but will probs succeed on another team. Pens would be best if they could (malkin factor) or another team like jersey where he could play a ton (hes defensive work would need work though to play for Hynes)

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
But Yak has ALWAYS said he wants to play here. VERY different. You cannot lump them together just because they are both from Mother Russia.

Yak was overdrafted but will probs succeed on another team. Pens would be best if they could (malkin factor) or another team like jersey where he could play a ton (hes defensive work would need work though to play for Hynes)

That and Nichushkin came straight from KHL to NHL and had to learn the North American ice transition on the pro level so he might be also frustrated by the baptism by fire and now having to deal with whatever Ruff is making him adjust to

Yakupov had 2 years experience with Sarnia before he played in the NHL so he had a better feel for the game. He clearly chose to come back to North American ice after going back to Russia for 1 year after two years in the OHL

Yak clearly likes playing here since he came back whereas Nuke might be thinking screw this North American league and I want to go back home after a frustrating experience

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Not saying anything here is incorrect, but did you really say that we can't lump Russians together when criticizing, but then suggest that Yak would flourish with a Russian just because? :laugh:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
He can rot there

Yeppers

Not hard to do in russia either :laugh:

Feel for Dallas this isnt fair altho im glad we went with Bo u gotta be angry with the Russians stealing players from the NHL :shakehead

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Thats just a silly way of looking at it.

In 2011-12 the NY Rangers won the conference too. Do you think everyone liked playing for Tortorella just because they won the conference?

Not every coach is good for every player just because the team wins. Guys like Torts, Hitchcock, Quenneville, etc have all had their fair share of success while at the same time alienating talent that goes on to be more successful elsewhere or after their coach leaves

Two of those coaches are amazing and probably future HOF's, one (Torts) is a total ****ing goof, who should have been put out to pasture a long time ago.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Probably the softest 6'4 220ib player in the NHL.

Guy is suited for the eastern conference, not the western conference

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Not saying anything here is incorrect, but did you really say that we can't lump Russians together when criticizing, but then suggest that Yak would flourish with a Russian just because? :laugh:

Not really, but I can see what you mean
Yak needs a change.
I meant not every Russian player is the sterotype (lazy, offense only, puck hog). I consider Malkin and others as a group of Russians that break the mold and think Yak would benefit more from the same.

I also said a team like NJ (and we only have 1 Russian) but not for that reason. The reason being he could play high in the lineup.
Seems like he does everything to be a team player, worker etc.

Maybe my explanation was just sh**ty, sorry bout that

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
Sharp, Hemsyk, Eaves and Hudler are all UFAs on July 1st.

Lots of roster holes up front in 17-18

That's a solid $13 million dollars that they're going to have coming off the books, and none of those guys are under the age of 32. Add in Oduya's $3.75 million, you're looking at almost $17 million to replace 5 players. The only forward of that group that I'd expect to get a raise from their current salary is Hudler, and that's because he's being criminally underpaid for what his production was in Calgary.

Holes, definitely, and adding in Nichuskin, you can definitely worry about them a little bit - but this is a team with Benn, Seguin, Spezza, and Klingberg all signed long term... players will see that and want to join them. Whether it's retaining the guys mentioned, or signing different players - they'll be fine. Then, in 18-19 when both of their goalies become free agents, they'll have another $10 million to spend on more talent. That team could change dramatically in a couple of years, and it could look even better than it already has.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Maybe a good move.. I don't know. He just isn't working in Dallas though. I'm not sure he'll ever become the player I thought he would.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

not so fast fam

Reassuring to see from someone like Friedman but even as a big Russian factor defender, the fact that his rights were traded for is slightly worrying.

I would imagine if you spend an asset on his rights you atleast think there is a chance

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
To the surprise of no one, it's finally come to this. :laugh:

Been waiting for updates on the Nuke situation for a while now, figured his heart was in Russia and it looks like he'll be staying there.

I've nothing against him wanting to go "home" - even if it's not back with Traktor Chelyabinsk but rather to Moscow.

He wasn't happy in Dallas, clearly, and I guess staying on as part of their impressive young core wasn't enticing enough for him as long as he was going to continue playing under Lindy Ruff.

Maybe in a few years he'll make a go of the NHL again, and if Dallas is willing to welcome him back, we'll see if he returns with a new attitude.

For now, though, happy trails, Nuke.

I'll probably track his progress from time to time, just to see how he does. The Stars should be just fine in his absence.

EDIT: Or, maybe this is all just smoke and mirrors and he'll sign with Dallas by the end of the day. FFS Nuke, make up your mind already. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad